September 23rd Nintendo Direct

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can speculate here, if you like, or broadcast your hopes/dreams...whatever you like. You can use this thread to talk about the announcements afterwards too, if you have anything to say. :) (Though personally I always recommend going in with no expectations, as that's a sure way to end up disappointed, since Nintendo almost never goes the expected route.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Personally I’m not expecting anything too huge but I’ll watch it anyway.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I don't MIND it...but I do not know what I think of that time of day. Seems kinda late?

All I'm hoping for at this point is...surprise me! The only things I can think of off the top of my head would be a Silksong resurgence or a surprise Genshin Impact on Switch. Neither are happening. I mean they could, but Silksong seems like it's not there yet and I think Mihoyo overreached thinking they could put Genshin on Switch.

I don't think my expectations of Nintendo have been lower since the WiiU era so...very little will disappoint me, and there's plenty of room for surprises! :)
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I know it’s probably never going to happen but Monster Rancher. The company that made the games went bankrupt many years ago (I believe) but recently, they remade one of the old games in Japan. I’m holding out on the hope that someday it’ll get translated and brought over here…

Other than that…I’d like to see Mother (aka Earthbound) 1 and 3. But doubts for that are high too lol
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I don't really have any particular expectations, but hope I will be surprised by something and that they don't just talk about Metroid Dread the whole time. I do have some wishes that will probably be unlikely:

A significant Animal Crossing update
Something Zelda (maybe they "changed their minds" about more anniversary stuff)
Genshin on Switch, or a release date for it
Another Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons, since it's been nearly a year since PoOT was announced. :shock:
Amiibo news
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I genuinely don't have any expectations, since it is limited to games for 'this winter'. I don't think BotW2 will be out that soon. I figure they'll give it a mention to placate people, like last time with that important guy saying that it was going well and they would have something to show us soon. But I wouldn't even bet on a trailer for it cuz I don't think it's coming out this winter.

I do know about the one leak of a first party entry, but I don't give a hoot about that franchise, so it doesn't mean anything to me. I heard a rumour which I WOULD care about if it were true, but there's no point believing rumours, plus the way it was worded could even just have been a misunderstanding, so I just assume they're not true until proven otherwise. I don't think there's any big Animal Crossing update coming...I don't think 2.0 actually exists...just more of the same stuff we've gotten the past year. A couple of new decorative items each holiday. So I'm not expecting any AC announcement in there, either.

I'm just looking for half an hour of mild entertainment, lol. Show me a few cute things and something surprising. I'm not expecting any of it to be stuff I have on or will want to put on my own wishlist.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have 0 expectations, but my kingdom for English releases of Yokai Watch 4 and the Yokai Watch remaster (and the spinoff on Switch that the name escapes me atm). I absolutely hate that one of my favorite game series is stuck in Japan after they put so much effort into localizing the original trilogy. Yokai Watch 4's localization was promised years ago, where the hell is it? And with the Yokai Watch remaster, Nintendo has the 3DS translation already! What is the freaking hold up?! It's literally the same game with some very minor changes (Streetpass function reworked, upped visuals, battle system is no longer reliant on touch controls). I've played both these games in Japanese and they're fantastic. It's a crime they're not localized yet! :evil:

An a completely different note, I'd love a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X so I can finally play it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well...we did get some stuff? I missed it in the first half, lol, forgot all about it! But I believe I saw that...
Spoiler:
There's an AC Direct in October, which will a least have The Roost in it. And RF5 releases on March 22. And the Kirby leak was real.

I never really cared about Brewster or the Roost. If the opposite side to where the Roost is, is a wing for gyroids, that might get me interested again...not sure how much more there will be to the update other than The Roost added to the museum. My cousin will be thrilled, thoguh. And March 22 is an okay date for me...though I start to get busy in April.
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 23, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

GAY MARRIAGE YES

There was like 30 seconds of a f/f marriage.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ha ha, okay...pretty good Direct? Nothing for me other than what I mentioned already, but
Spoiler:
Splatoon 3 is a big deal for a lot of people. And at first I was disappointed by the way that 'final announcement' was looking. I KNEW I was not at all interested in it. But then I saw Bayonetta, and I was happy for a huge amount of people who've been beeeeeegging for it. I don't want it in the slightest but I do like when games that get a large group excited are announced.
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 23, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

With the glaring exception of the Mario Movie BS...that was a great direct. Poor Charles Martinet. D: A couple of what are you doings in there but overall a ton of quality content, hitting enough different genres to make everybody happy, I think. Just announcements for the last Smash Direct and the AC Direct.

I DID NOT expect Nintendo to go there with N64 games for NSO, and freaking SEGA games too! I'm not sure what I think about them not announcing a price... (while still pricing controllers) but... Holy « Cow Poopoo »?

A+ on the Bayonetta 3 trailer. Addressing fans while staying in character. 10/10.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm excited about the Kirby game oddly. I've never even played Kirby before but the gameplay reminded me of Bowser's Fury which I really enjoyed.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This wasn’t shown but
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

The highpoint for me was the Animal Crossing bit I didn't expect but was wishing for! (If anyone happened to hear some audible whooping, that may or may not have come from my house, lol! ) I so, so, so hope they bring back gyroids! I've missed their cute dancing and collecting them since launch. My daughter was equally, if not more excited about the Disney game. Hmm, I will have to think on that as I am not sure if I can take that much Disney, lol.

Kirby looked surprisingly good, and I am very excited for the 64 games, but I will be glad not to play them on the garbage 64 controller. I do wonder if they are raising rates over all or going to have tiers now though. I don't know if I want to pay a lot more for the online just for some 64 games I might like and Genesis games I don't really care about. (Been a Nintendo girl since the year we got an NES for Christmas. Yes, I know it's been a few years since the Sega vs Nintendo days, just nostalgia talking.)
It was nice to see the little blip for RF5 too.

Yes! Raymond and co are coming!
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Just checked out the direct. Voice of Cards intrigues me, so it's something I may look into the demo now or after I watch a playthrough on Youtube. Triangle Strategy looks more appealing to me now, especially since I'm in a Fire Emblem mood. We'll see if it lasts. Release date for SMTV is good to have especially since it gives me something to put on a wishlist for my parents.

Release date and gay marriage available for Rune Factory 5? Heck yeah! I don't mind waiting until next year if it means we get improvements like this! I will marry the cute wolf in both genders and potentially have Ares be the Watson to Cecile!