Animal Crossing 2.0

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well...we need another ACNH thread, now! Some people were always playing at least a little, but with the update on the way in just under two weeks, now, I daresay a lot of people will be actively playing on a daily basis again.

You can use this thread to discuss your town and villager plans, get feedback, schedule visits, trade...whatever, as long as it's connected to New Horizons. Pictures are welcome, and if you only have one or two small or medium ones, smack them down there as you please, but if you have several of them, or if they're very large, please put them behind a spoiler cut. (Not everyone is impacted, but for some this prevents screen distortion and longer loading times.)

~

As for me, I've already adjusted the central area of Windfall a bit, to make extra room to stretch out my residential row in order to give each villager a larger yard. I don't think I can do much else before I know exactly what new items are in the game that I'll want to use, but that's the main thing for me, now...moving each villager house a bit so I can fancy up their exteriors.

Am also swapping around two villagers in both of my towns. Windfall will see Hamlet and Walt leave (because they don't have nice houses and they don't look that good in the clothes I give them.) and in their place, Genji and Soleil will move in. In Gardenia...my town filled with the most obviously gimmicky/weird villagers I could locate...which is already nicely spaced out, I'm going to have an easier time integrating new features...but I'm also moving two villagers out. Merengue and Zucker will be leaving, to be replaced by Clay and Tangy.

That's what I'll be working on until the update releases. Anything else has to wait so that I can see what new stuff we'll be getting. Can't plan placement until I know what new shrubs and trees might be available for landscaping!

How about you guys? Just waiting, or are you prepping your island(s) or making extra Bells in advance so that you're ready to go when 2.0 drops? Are you most into this for the new game (I consider Happy Home Paradise to be basically its own game, the same as Happy Home Designer, personally) or for all the new content on your home islands?
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No prep plans for the island. All of my villagers have their own individual fenced-in yards with a few flowers. I might change the colors of the gates if I can, but that's about all. Everything else is gonna be random placement as received or swapped out (for trees and flowers, that is). I have no intention of growing any crops. If I ever do, I have some open spaces so that won't be an issue.

I always thought gyroids would make great outdoor decorations. Maybe I can use them to swap out some of my nonsense decorations, if they count towards the outdoor furniture requirement.

And of course, as a HHD stan, I am more than thrilled for HHP. I just happened to expire earlier this month, so I'm hoping I won't have to pay too much to upgrade to the expansion pass since I already paid to renew. Why pay for it when I'm one of the people who will always have an online membership? I'd be willing to buy it worst case, but since it's offered, I'm not spending extra money on it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm always really eager for everything that grows. So crops, too. I don't give a hoot about cooking, at least not by what we know so far (I'd care about it if it turned out to be a great money maker, but I don't care about it for giving us energy for digging up trees.) but I'd like to see the crops full grown...wheat might be a cool landscaping feature. I'm also dying to see all the new topiaries/shrubs...I saw at least two totally new ones so far, one that looks like pyramidal blue spruce that I already want dozens of. Plus the huge rocks and boulders and the glowing clumps of moss...I'm super into more landscaping options like that. I also thought I saw something that looked vaguely like a joshua tree in one of the exterior HHP designs, and I'm really curious about that.

New Horizons hasn't had enough landscaping options for me up until now, but I'm hoping with this update, it finally will have enough variety to make me want to give everyone a sufficiently unique yard.

I also really like the accent wall, partition and counter options we'll unlock. I never bothered to really do any of my houses up much beyond the attic in my main house (it's my DIY/crafting and trophy room.) With the new decorating options and new furniture sets, I may finally have the inspiration I need to do the four main-floor rooms up properly. :)

I hope they don't bring many more new clothes, though. This game already has way too much clothing. So much that there are still loads of pieces I've never seen in my store even once...so I don't need even more added to the mix. That's just me, though.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yo, which one of you lives in Windfall? Ribbot just moved in here! XD

I have some plans for my island, but I'm mostly looking forward to who I'm going to design houses for. For my island, I'm planning on making Cranston move out and moving Marty in. I just got his Amiibo today so I'll get on that soon enough. IF (big if it seems...) the special Amiibo villagers are back, I'll kick out someone else (most likely Bill) for Wolf Link, Ganon, or Felyne. ESPECIALLY Felyne - I love that little scamp! I kinda like my island layout the way it is, so it'll probably stay untouched. Looking forward to fixing up my own house though, because only the top floor is decorated while everything else is just empty rooms. I'll probably have more inspiration once the decorating is more dynamic.

When it comes to the DLC, I specifically got Isabelle, Digby, and Lottie's amiibos so they can have nice little getaways from all their hard work! I also really like them as characters. I also have Jack's so that'll be fun too. Gonna see who else shows up on the island I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Windfall's my original town :) I didn't even realize I had Ribbot here! I do have his card, though. Lol, I know he's in my OTHER town...somehow I had him in both, then? If he lived in Windfall, it must have been a fair while ago...a month at the least. Well, hope you like him! Sorry if you don't, though. I actually really like Ribbot (though I seem to be one of few who likes the 'jock' personality.) He's still in Gardenia, as he's one of the more 'gimmicky' of villagers so creating him a mechanical-looking yard should be pretty easy.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

You know you haven't played a game for a while when you forget the controls... Guess I need practice. :lol:

For now there's a lot of chores to do. I think the game must be programmed to keep weeds very, very minimal in areas where you've placed a lot of furniture or pathing and whatnot, because there were only a couple of places on my island that I left wild that were overrun.

I think I am going to cave and pay off my house, so I can access that storage upgrade and finally put all of my clothing up. Won't leave me with much money for the update stuff, but...that's what the stalk market is for! And now that I think about it the DLC is going to have even more furniture that I won't have room for... Yep. Storage it is.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm with you on the controls, Mikodesu. I've been playing for a week now, and I'm still accidentally plucking flowers instead of using tools, etc.

I'm considering redoing some of the outdoor landscape. I've got a lot of park areas, but at least one needs a redesign. I'd like to try something different with trees, shrubs, etc, and am really looking forward to the new plants and crops! I've got a ton of random furniture laying around to get S-Rank/Lilies of the Valley, but I'm not sure I need to maintain it. I suppose if I want more lilies, I can do it over. Some of the outdoor furniture is also very summer-specific or not a fave (weird surfing/camping areas along the beach, built as I got DIY recipes). I also want more farming area, but I don't have a ton of places that would work without rearranging a lot.

I might try to do more yards when I get some new villagers. The oldest is Billy, whose portrait I've had for a long time, but he's never asked to move out. I'm moving out Broccolo tomorrow, and I also got portraits for Elvis and Shep, who I want to swap soon. Will probably try out my Sanrio amiibo cards!

Also went hard on Turnips this morning. I've got 2mil in the bank and no loans etc, but I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot. It'll be fun to use money again!

Not happy about my chances of completing the seasonal DIY list, but in better news, I got the golden toilet today. It was one of the only basic DIYs I didn't have, and the one I wanted the most for my bathroom attic. Yes!
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I restarted my second island, and I'm mentally preparing to villager hunt for Sasha and Ione. It was formerly Simon from Sunshine Island and is now Sanrio from Puro Island, I am planning on making it a Sanriocore Island in the future so I went all in on the naming scheme.

I'm planning on flattening my main island at some point during November and rebuilding, but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do. I have a core concept for the central area, but we'll see what happens after that.

I might not flatten Melody until after the update because I may need those storage upgrades to even be able to put all my current furniture and fencing away, haha. It is easy enough to carry all my flowers and stuff to the second island temporarily but just furniture is hard. Plus it will give me plenty of time to see the new items and decide how they can fit in around the place when I rebuild.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I plan on camping out in front of my local GameStop to pick up some of those new amiibo cards. (They aren’t taking preorders, so it’s first-come-first-serve according to the employee I talked to). Luckily it’s less than 5 minutes from home and they don’t open til 11am so it won’t be too much hassle heading over, and on the chance they don’t actually get them in until later it won’t waste too much of my time. Usually there’s never anyone there so it’ll be interesting to see if there’s a crowd, maybe meet some local AC players (hopefully no scummy scalpers). Not hoping for any specific card, I just missed out on the whole amiibo thing and want some cards so I can play with the feature and the old series are way overpriced—even bootleg cards are really expensive :shock:

I’ve been playing again ever since the update announcement, doing a “light” renovation of my island. Keeping a lot of the basic structure/layout intact, just working on reshaping some cliff/river boundaries and changing maybe half of the building locations. With the amount of hours I put into Pescespada there’s no way I’d reset it, and without any amiibo cards it would be a huge pain trying to find Flora again, she’s the one villager I’d never let go.
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

After not playing ACNH for quite some time I restarted one of my islands earlier this week. Got a green airport (prefer blue) and peaches. Starting two villagers are Shari and Antonio. I'm ok with both of them. Not favs, but they'll do.

After building the houses for villagers 3, 4 and 5 I decided to be brave (or, really, too lazy to earn Nook Miles for tickets to villager hunt :P ) and let the game auto fill those spots. Got Al (ehhhh), Bianca ( cute, but badly needs to switch to decaf :P ) and Fauna ( one of my many normal favs).

Tomorrow, the 28th, my first camper will show up.

Current project is building all the bridges I want and then I'll start placing the inclines. House has been upgraded twice ( up to the $198,000 one). The rest will wait til I actually need the storage space.

EDIT: It's now the next day, and my mandatory smug is Henry, the frog. Not the best, but certainly not the worst, smug. He is cute, but kinda boring imo.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I restarted in preparation for the update. I’m trying to decide what to do with my island. I’m thinking of either turning it into a jungle or a farm, I’m not sure which. I probably won’t get to do any of that because I’ll just spend all my time in HHP just like what happened with HHD, but we’ll see...

I got Hazel and Teddy for my starting islanders, and forgot to ask other people to move in before building the next three houses... Then I ended up with Stu, Bianca, and Sandy, so I was okay with that. I’m okay with anyone but Limberg, we haven’t gotten along since the time he came over to my house in WW and said rude things. :/

I bought a pack of bootleg cards riiiight before the announcement when they had dropped in price, so worst case if I end up with someone I don’t really like, I’ll just push them out in favor of one of those. I’m kind of hoping to run across Klaus again, he said some of the weirdest stuff, lol.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*Does a jig* Marty officially moved in! Bye forever Cranston!

Gonna have fun with the Halloween event this year! I love that all the NPCs are wearing witch hats or imp horns, it's a really cute touch! Pretty sure I have enough candy for everyone, I hope!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my island the way it is or revamp it for 2.0. If I do, I want to try and treehouses (or at least a few small communities) living above the trees.

I am getting different villagers once again. I'm kicking out Ankha, Rooney, Amelia, Celia, and Lucky in favor of Shari, Shino, Vesta, Punchy, and Portia. So far, Amelia is in boxes with Portia moving in and I'll be doing the same with Shari kicking out Ankha and Vesta kicking out Celia with amiibo cards. I wish I had Punchy's amiibo card, but I'll make due by hunting for both Shino and Punchy.

It would probably make more sense to start over, but my museum is almost done, 5 more paintings to go, and I'm missing just 4 DIYs. It is tempting, however, to start over New Leaf vs New Horizons for some reason.

In the meantime, I'm just playing every day until the update comes out. I preloaded Happy Home Paradise today and I'll be eagerly awaiting 9PM PST on November 4th to play the update. Hopefully, it'll come out at that time.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I have GOT to look into better ways to get villagers kicked out because I have the worst luck with it. The ones I like ask to leave on a semi-regular basis and I've got two I'd really like to boot with no luck.

On the positive end of things, did a little more cleanup tonight in between shooting stars and balloon hunting. Got this year's new Halloween stuff at least. Dug up flowers until my shovel broke, and I've still got probably another 20-30 to go before things are back to manageable. Flower hybridizing gardens are a pain. :lol: They've worked out fairly well, though. I'm only missing one or two flower colors, the problem is more that there are a couple that really don't want to breed...

I guess at this point it's crunch time, since we're a week out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The villagers you talk to the most are actually the ones most likely to 'thought bubble', which is then a random outcome. (Sometimes they want to give you stuff or just say pointless things, but sometimes the thought bubble is them thinking about moving.) So it seems that your favourite villagers will always be the ones to ask to move the most often. Everybody seems to find it that way. You have to be pretty lucky to get the ones you don't like to be the ones volunteering to move.

~

I keep seeing videos and articles across the internet, anywhere that people post about ACNH, on 'how to prepare' for 2.0, and I'm afraid people are getting it askew. The idea is to save all the money you'll need for everything new, all the Nook Miles, get all the areas you want to change ready, make a farm patch ready for all the new crops to be planted right away...etc.

Basically what I see is planning to burn through the new content as fast as possible. They don't seem to think of it that way, but it's the only way I can see it. It makes me laugh to think that some of these folks may be among those complaining most heartily about ACNH lacking content. How could any dev possibly provide enough content for people intent on devouring it as vigorously as possible?

That's why I haven't bothered to do any more than clear a little extra space in the residential area, as I KNOW I need to space those houses out more to give each a nice yard. Should have done that before, but didn't have the motivation. But I left actually moving the houses for later, until I see the new content and know which things I will want, and where.