Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I’m so sorry for your loss Kiki.

I have so much on my backlog. When I get home from work I’m so tired but on days I have off, I have time to play but just thinking about it makes me go ’meh’. I want to play but I also don’t at the same time…I’ll probably get back into it Thursday or the weekend since I have it off.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’m sorry too Kiki…hang in there.

I’ve became lazy with my switch lately. There’s games I want to continue but my brain is like…”nope.”
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you, Harvest Moon kawaii, Kross, and Shan. :)

Seems like a lot of us are having gamer burnout. Maybe there's something widespread as well as all our individual circumstances. I'm not goign to look at anything new right now, and I think my next anticipated game is actually Xenoblade 3 itself, on July 29. (Though NirvanA Initiative is out around June 24, too. I will get it for sure eventually, I just don't know if it'll be on release.) I think those two games are my only for-sure games left in 2022. (I had only 3 or 4 games in total this year, lol...it's a sparse year, for me. But just as well in this case!) Oh wait, no...I keep forgetting that Digmion Survive actually got dated. Same day as Xenoblade 3...of course. It always happens that way. Well, Digimon is a distant second for me...I'd like to see some post-release info on it from regular players anyway. But even if I don't really want two games on the same day, I don't mind having another interesting game to look at in 2022. I'm still considering Arceus, though the stronger urge when others were in the middle of playing has long passed, now. But it could serve as a fill-in if I need something new to play later in the year.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I feel the burn pretty often. I want something new to wow me and get me hooked, but everything besides my faves keeps disappointing me. OR, something does catch my interest, but I have too many obligations to said faves to give it the time it deserves.

For a current example, I'm a few hours into Raging Loop and Elder Scrolls Online, but the Pokemon Home is rolling out the update and now all I want to do is play Pokemon again. And then I canceled all my JRPG preorders because I know I just don't have the mindset for them currently. I honestly think it's just better to step away from things rather than force yourself. I hate feeling like I have an obligation to finish everything I start (when it comes to games), but I also hate feeling like I'm wasting my money trying to find the next thing for me to obsess over. That being said, we all have our favorites and there's nothing wrong with indulging in another playthrough.

Side note: I actually had extreme Pokemon burnout from 2009-2013. I had spent most of my high school career putting over 400 hours into Pokemon Platinum, it was just my favorite game to indulge in at the time. By the time HG/SS came out, I saw them overall as a downgrade (and they were in some aspects) but forced myself to play them, thus causing the beginnings of my burnout. By the time Black&White were out, I was over the series and in college. I ended up skipping and entire generation of Pokemon because it was no longer something I enjoyed. Fast forward to X&Y's release and I felt a spark I hadn't in a long time. I loved Y so much I ended up buying X as well just so I had an excuse to reexperience the story, characters, region, ect. People dunk on X&Y all the time like it's the worst thing to ever happen to the series, but it has such a special place in my heart for reigniting a passion I thought long gone. I still haven't played the four gen 5 games, but I will play their inevitable remakes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I actually had extreme Pokemon burnout from 2009-2013. I had spent most of my high school career putting over 400 hours into Pokemon Platinum, it was just my favorite game to indulge in at the time. By the time HG/SS came out, I saw them overall as a downgrade (and they were in some aspects) but forced myself to play them, thus causing the beginnings of my burnout. By the time Black&White were out, I was over the series and in college. I ended up skipping and entire generation of Pokemon because it was no longer something I enjoyed. Fast forward to X&Y's release and I felt a spark I hadn't in a long time. I loved Y so much I ended up buying X as well just so I had an excuse to reexperience the story, characters, region, ect.
That might actually be a good idea for everyone who is experiencing gamer burnout or general resistance to playing things they THINK they should want to play, but for some reason just don't. That includes me. Just stop playing. ANYTHING that doesn't compel you to pick it up...drop it. Push it aside and turn your back on it until/unless it calls you back. Don't buy anything you don't want to dive into immediately upon release, either, to avoid piling up a backlog of games you don't care about as much as you thought you would/should.

Drop a game for YEARS, even...and maybe someday you'll find your way back to it with your love for it rekindled. But forcing the matter is only likely to intensify your sense of distance from it all.

I intend to buy XC3 no matter what, but if I'm not really WANTING to play it on July 29, perhaps I'll loan my copy out to my bro-in-law so he can play it first. It's an absolute favourite series, but XC2 was such a disappointment, plus I'm already used to the tropes they use (always a problem with me), and I have tremendous ambivalence for what I've seen of XC3, so...maybe I should just wait until the urge returns.

My key to enjoying NEW games may lie in the SteamDeck. Perhaps all those indie farming games by new people/new teams that I'll be able to play once I have the Deck will make things feel fresh again. Or maybe it's just time to concentrate on other aspects of life that have nothing to do with gaming. Gaming will call me back sooner or later. I can't imagine not being pulled back for BotW2 at the very least.

Plus I need so much extra sleep right now, my head is filled with a leaden feeling like winter, even though it's a gorgeous spring. For me, not the best time to care about nonsense like 'having' to finish a backlog. It's a HOBBY...I don't have to do anything with it. It's here to entertain ME, not to boss me around.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've been in a Hades sort of mood recently so I've been replaying it for a while. Made it to the post-game so now I'll be completing prophecies and bonding with everyone again. I'm surprised that it didn't take too long because I hadn't played since 2020, but I'm still having fun.

Also feeling the urge to look at Zero Escape again, but really only 999. And only because I have a story idea that I want to write about, which isn't the same thing. So maybe I'll play again, maybe I won't.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

The Pokemon Home update has been a rollercoaster of emotions. First, I was elated I could finally open it after the maintenance. Then I was livid I was essentially locked out of moving anything or saving by the dreaded 10015 error code. Nobody knows a fix but thinks it's caused by bad eggs. I have a couple that changed into bad eggs in one of the previous updates that I had apparently brought in from Pokemon Bank. If I would've known about them I wouldn't have brought them in with the mass migration. Previously they just sat hogging space, but they didn't otherwise interfere with the service. Now it's like, "Look it's your collection! No, you can't do anything with it. No adding anything or taking anything out, even though you paid money for the service. We are going to gloat about punishing you even though you didn't hack those couple of Pokemon that turned into bad eggs!" (Sigh) I was so livid last night I was ready to be done with Pokemon. My favorite part is the collecting, and pretty much all my favorites, my shinies, and my living dex are stuck in there. :( Today it's still no good. I hope they fix it, but who knows.

I have been making some good headway in Ys 9, just have one more monstrum character to unlock. I think it has grown on me, especially after fixing the camera. Some of the storyline has been driving me crazy because it doesn't make sense to me, but I do want to see how it ends and don't want to be spoiled.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You forget after a bit away, but man...the final case of Spirit of Justice (AA6) is so sad. I think the saddest of every game, though each game does ratchet the stakes way up for the final case. But 4, 5 and 6 all had moments of tragedy, so I guess that's a matter of personal perspective. Though dang, that Dhurke...he'd make a really appealing older male marriage candidate for a Bokumono game. Now THAT is a 'hot older man' done right. Plus he's super masculine but with very long hair, which, uh...yeah, that works!

I also love being reminded of Sanjay. (By Nahyuta, with his peaceful expression, and formal politeness, and that long, long braid to one side.)

I'll probably tootle around with XCDE for a bit to wrap up more quests (for the sake of max-ing out everyone's affinity to see every heart-to-heart...which I think is hard to do in less than three playthroughs unless you're using Love Sources.)

Right now I get anxious very easily. I'm not sure what exactly is choosing to manifest in that way, but atm, if any task needs done and rests on ME, I'm super anxious until I complete it. I definitely won't be making any avoidable afternoon appointments for the forseeable future, at least...just knowing I have a place I have to go in X hours/minutes makes me as jumpy as a bug on a griddle, so better to get everything done as early in the morning as possible so that I can get some proper sleep around mid-day (non-negotiable...I don't function properly without it.)

But otherwise, I feel fine, as far as I can tell. Not really feeling any urge to get back to RF5, though, for some reason. It's one of those games that I like well enough to want to keep playing when I AM playing it, but not so well that I feel any urge to pick it back up after I've set it down for a few hours. It's got fun, detailed gameplay, like any RF game, but otherwise it's really only 'okay', is my view, I think.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I finally transitioned my Pokémon Bank to Home, after adding a couple dozen more Pokémon. Found my Keldeo, Meloetta, and a pair of Victinis, but still can’t find my Manaphy. :( Got the new egg, but I would have liked two. Really really want to play Pokémon, but don’t want to burn out before S/V. May content myself with completing BDSP now that I can pull Pokémon in and out.

AI: The Somnium Files is still really good. I found the ending locked behind completing the others, and I’m well down the second story path. The differences are interesting, and something… weirder than usual just happened.

I’m in the second act of Titan Quest, which is still a pretty great ARPG. It is going to be Very Long, though. Also played the new Puzzle & Dragon event. Almost no one plays anymore, so I doubt they’ll do multiplayer events much longer. I got all but 1 of the achievements in one sitting, and I’m terrible. Also still playing RF5. I may attempt the final dungeon tomorrow, but I’d like to farm mats a little longer first. Also currently gathering crystal flower seeds, which have not had a good appearance rate. I’d like to get started on growing those.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If I just MAKE myself play RF5, I'd probably get back into it. Thing is, I can't drum up the motivation for that initial click of the A button over the correct icon, lol.

Played lots more Xenoblade yesterday. Well, before and after the power outage, anyway. I've seen quite a few more heart-to-hearts I've never seen before, and I've come to the conclusion that the character with the overall best HtHs is Riki. By far. The character with the worst (I am grading them by how interesting or fun/cute they are) is probably Sharla. Somehow, any HtH with Sharla in it is always boring.
Spoiler:
After that, Reyn, then Melia. Dunban's the biggest jerk of the party. Shulk has the best HtHs for world lore...and surprisingly, a HtH between Melia and Reyn has been the single most intriguing one of the game (the one at the Cylinder Hangar in Colony 9.) It made me wonder about the history of the Bionis to the point where I wanted a prequel, lol. Funny, since to me, Reyn and Melia are both very boring trope characters (muscle-headed jock, uptight princess with a touch of the tsundere.) I have my own beloved tropes, but those are not among them.

But Riki's are the most fun, by a long shot. He is adorable in every one! Silly and cute and considerate and often wise, too. (I don't like the nopon in the other games but Riki is painfully lovable. If I were Melia, I might be cuddling Riki all the time, too.) Riki's HtHs with Dunban were particularly good, imo, and he's super fun to have in your party for all his ridiculous lines. Melia remains boring in hers, though...her stiff personality is just so DULL. She's so boring even when a few little details are leaking out that I have no interest at all in seeing what else is underneath the reserve. I wish she weren't the one in the party with the longest lifespan. I can't imagine her with any personality other than this cardboard one. With her incredibly personal story, how can she herself be so, so BORING? She has SUCH an emotional backstory, and yet she's as flat and as deep as a single sheet of paper in her response to all of it. The one thing I like about her is that she doesn't uphold the catty rival woman tropes. She's a genuinely good person, she's just horribly boring.

Basically, the HtHs just provide a bit more personality to examine, and helped me cement my opinion of each party member.
Dunno when I'll finish this loose-ends replay. I'm not in a hurry, because it's entertaining me right now and I currently can't function without something to keep my mind on. I have to check the list of games I was working on in February, since that's when everything went off the rails. Oh hey, I completely forgot about Egglia! Oh well, with the bite-sized gaming of that one, it's not hard to pick back up. It's no good for long play sessions, though.

Oh well, when I'm done this, I guess I'll get back to either my SoS1 replay or the ANB replay. Or RF5, if I feel like something newer/fresher. I'll try to stuff bits of Egglia in there to break it up a bit.

EDIT: You know, thinking about it, female characters in Xenoblade are always a disappointment. They're always there for the sake of one of the male characters, in one way or another. To love them/be obsessed with them, or to be rescued/the motivation/etc. They may do some cool things once in a while, but it's still really all about the boys. Meh meh meh!...

EDIT: It has also always driven me crazy that I can't tell how long it has been since the initial events that created the world of Xenoblade happened. 'Millennia' is a word used often, and 'countless cycles' was said, too, and yet...human life on Bionis very much gives the impression that it's only been there about a hundred years, as they seem to have no history, and their settlements are TINY...not even town-sized, more like big hamlets/small villages, and there are only TWO of them, both military settlements...no other Homs locations are ever revealed, anywhere. It makes it seem like there's only a few hundred Homs in existence...and how could that be over the course of thousands of years? Perhaps it's due to being war and disaster-torn lands? There's NO other Homs habitation anywhere? Makes no sense at all, to me, if they've been around that long. One of these days, I'm going to write up the events that began Xenoblade with all the concrete facts I can locate.
Spoiler:
Such as, for example, a certain thing called the Conduit being found on a fictional version of our earth somewhere around the year 2000, in Africa. But even if I do, I don't think I'll be able to figure out how long it took Bionis and Mechonis to materialize, let alone if other titans were at the same time in a split universe or...what. The timeline really messes with my head, even though I'm pretty sure I understand the basic situation well enough. Probably. The time lapse just doesn't make sense to me when you put every story thread together.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

oKaY, now I’m officially a fan of Rune Factory. I should’ve tried this series so long ago. I think that knowing that there were monsters in the game held me back, but they haven’t been bad at all. I bought the special edition of RF4 on my Switch last night. Now I’m on my sixteenth (maybe my seventeenth?) day; I’m at level 13; and I’ve explored as much of the Water Ruins as I can. I’m a bit lost now because I don’t know how to progress. I saw the dark purple diamond on the ground but I didn’t know how to get it or if I was even supposed to get it. I haven’t used a guide yet, but maybe it’ll show me what I need to do next.

Anyways, I finished the AA trilogy and the first episode of Apollo Justice. The trilogy was SO GOOD ;-;
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Speaking of RF, I played a little of RF5 today. I officially hooked on farming boss items for cash. Yes I know about the royal curry trick but farming boss items is easier for me and besides, I haven’t mastered the other trick yet.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Been working a lot. While there was no holiday this week, we all forgot about graduation and it's been crazy. I've been in a real grumpy mood as result and gaming hasn't been really on my priority list. However, I did finally get the last Stormblood&Shadowbringers music scrolls in FFXIV and now all I have left to get is the 2nd wave of Endwalker scrolls and the Mahjong one that I feel I'll never get. Ima try tho, just not right now.

I also managed to play through NieR Reincarnation's latest chapter while I was busy updating the farming game thread. Its story continues to be fantastic and full of Yoko Taro's trademark of dropping hints/references/callbacks but refusing to elaborate. The moment I thought the new character to be kinda boring and wondered where they were going with it, I saw the references and went "HEY, WAIT A SECOND-" and then the story ended (for now). Though I seem to have finished the current protagonist's story, I have no way to access the other protagonist's route currently. At the start of the second part of the game, you had to take a quiz that determined if you'd be playing as a girl or a boy, unbeknownst to all of us that they're seperate characters and you're locked to their route once you start. I want the rest of the story from the second perspective asap, but it looks like I'll have to wait a little while longer.

I did play a little Pokemon once I was finally able to access Home, but I think I'm going to focus purely on Raging Loop for awhile. I got to it's first ending and I'm intrigued to play more, so I'm gonna. For now.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Sorry for your loss Kikki.

Still focused on finishing RF5 and I am tired of the stupid RNG when it comes to crystal flower seeds. I have all of them except the red ones, it seems as though they will never spawn and even getting them to spawn at all was a problem, I have to check the area, teleport to another part of the map then check the area again. Wouldn’t it be better if the missions prior unlocked the seeds for the next mission. Like the orange tree seeds were unlocked before the grow an orange tree mission? Terry’s mission is terrible though, 50 monsters is ridiculous. The game also had an update and I honestly don’t see many changes to issues I had in the past, I wonder what got fixed? Anyway, I’m sorry that I am sounding so negative the missions are just really annoying me at the moment.

I initially wanted to play the first RF game after I finished RF5, but I changed my mind. I want to play either Harvest Moon tree of tranquility or Tott and do a no marriage run. Partially because I am pretty neutral towards most of the characters and because I want to complete the missions without getting distracted by marriage. Also, because the jealousy system in Tott is annoying. If you don’t go on dates with anyone, they can’t be jealous, at least I hope!

I recently played FE echoes and I don’t understand the romance between Alm and Celica at all
Spoiler:
So they meet as children for about a couple of months to a year at most promise to meet each other again (what a lot of children do with their friends who move away) then they meet get into a fight, split apart, gives herself up to obviously evil guy in order to save Alm. Alm saves Celica, they save the world and then reunite Valentia through marriage. Is there something that I’m missing because their romance seems shallow even though both characters are the centre of the story (this is common in FE though).
Is it even supposed to be considered a romance? I honestly don’t know.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry for your loss Kikki. I am sending you virtual hugs; I know what that kind of loss is like. I hope you're doing okay.

For my backlog, I finished Horizon Forbidden West yesterday and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart just a few moments ago. I am very excited to be crossing games off my backlog instead of adding them on and then never finishing them. Tales of Arise is next, but I'm very fatigued from playing Ratchet and Clank for 7 hours straight. I'm letting my roommate play Horizon Zero Dawn while dinner is cooking. Once I've had dinner, I'll probably either relax with Mass Effect 2 or start packing up some things.