Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm so sorry, Kikki. It's good to hear you've got so much community around you and your family. Won't have to worry as much about your mom that way. Your dad knows how much you love him. The rest happens when it happens.

--
Pretty okay day today. Knowing my grandma is off to Europe again is like...70% invigorating and 30% unsettling. Seeing she'll never know I tattled on her, she's turning 90 this year. HER grandpa was German, immigrated in his 20s I think, so she's always wanted to see the country. Long story, but I'm proud of her.

If this says something about how/how much I played Builders 2 in my previous time with the game... Minor spoiler, I had no idea you could even unlock more hairstyles. Weirdly reinvigorating for my 'dress up' efforts. I got to a point where the tablet challenges weren't easy and just went off to do my own thing.

I say this every few days or so, but maybe if I write it down it'll stick. I THINK I want to get on the PC tonight. A little bit of normal sounds good, and it's not setup so much as clean up.

Now to earn it with some more work.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I tried to boot up Tales of Arise after work today and a big wave of 'I don't want to' washed over me. I think I might be done with one. I plan to watch the rest of it on YouTube at 2x speed just so I can get the rest of the story. It's not a bad game, in fact it's fine, I'm just burnt out on it and don't see myself willingly going back to it. I really need to stop buying JRPGs that aren't named Fire Emblem/Pokémon/NieR/Final Fantasy. I know what I like and I need to just stick with it. Thing is, I see a sale and can't resist at least trying it. I guess I kinda hope each new game will rekindle that JRPG obsession I used to have, but it never does and I never learn!

Probably going to give the PS5 a break for awhile anyways (outside of FFXIV here and there). I want to sink my teeth into a VN and then see what I'm up for afterwards. I have Elden Ring, No Man's Sky, and Elder Scrolls Online waiting for me when I get back, but for now they all sound exhausting. Lemme just read.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, Mikodesu :)

~

I have no idea what I'm going through right now, but it's not dramatic, at least. I mostly feel restless, like I'm supposed to be doing something. I guess since the last 3.5 months have been about me desperately trying to do this or that (keep grandma placated, keep dad comfortable, make sure no one is about to crack up under all the various stresses, etc) it's hard to disengage back into my normal, calm, quiet life.

I a little bit want to play some more Xenoblade, but that world feels too big and too open right now (even though that was exactly what I WANTED, a week ago! I specifically wanted to just run around Gaur Plains, huge and open, with that expansive music playing.) Right now I'm having a funny little urge to play ACNH. I still had plenty left to do in Wodewyrd. I think it's just a leaning toward the cozy and very limited familiar. AC is a small world. Maybe I want a smaller world, atm...nothing you can get lost in.

Well, it's not like I can't just go ahead and pick that back up. XCDE is there if my mood shifts again, as are the other three replays I already have on the go somewhere. And I have a big garden I could be planting, too...though I think I need to consult my sisters to complete it...it's hard to keep in mind that it's mostly a shade garden, as when I'm most apt to go out is early morning, and at that time only, it's in full sun.

I do want to play something to make myself less restless, but I think I'll run out now and get some groceries instead, since we do need them and my sister cleaned the kitchen and I shouldn't let that extremely rare event go unappreciated; gotta make sure there's nice food stuffed everywhere for her to use all these freshly-cleaned dishes on.

I believe I left my ANB replay very early-stage...still in that first tutorial month before any town restoration plans are available. That'd be very easy to pick back up. I love doing the restoration plans. There's something awesome about being able to shape up and repair a whole town to your liking. I wish my favourite genre (town-building) were better served!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hello everyone!

So I got the pictures I needed from Ace and Quinn AND I got the last painting I was missing! I finished the museum and I can put down Animal Crossing New Horizons! It feels so good to finish an Animal Crossing game to where I want it to be.

I also put down Rune Factory 5 after marrying Murakumo. I'll probably get to getting kids at a later date, like maybe if new game + becomes implemented.

I also finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna - The Golden Country. XC2 is my least favorite entry in the series mainly because of the voice acting, Rex, and the story isn't as good as 1, but I did love the gameplay. Torna is what I wanted the story, gameplay, and characters to be in 2, so Torna is better than 2, but not as good as 1. Can't wait for 3!

I did try to play FF5 just now, but I'm not feeling it. I guess I'll start playing my PS5 games. Just don't know which one to choose.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had an ich to play something sports related so I downloaded bowling and basketball onto my phone.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

So sorry for your loss, Kikki. I wish the best to you and your family.

---

Ai: The Somnium Files is great so far! I'm working on a third ending. The murder mystery is pretty great, and seems to unfold through subsequent routes. The first ending resolved the mystery in an abrupt and unsatisfying way, and the second added a bit more context, but still stopped before the real culprit was found. But the endings developed the characters extremely well, and made me love all of them. I don't like the puzzles, which are trial-and-error timed events incorporating dream logic, but I just use a walkthrough for those. They are extremely infrequent, and only pop up when the paths branch or at the end.

Nearly done with the main story in RF5, unlocked the final dungeon. Mostly only playing on weekends now, when I have more time. Still feel like I'm behind... I don't have terribly good equipment, though I'm not taking damage in the dungeons. I might wait to do the final dungeon, and I'm not sure if I'll do the marriage stuff before or after.

Titan Quest is fun, I've been playing that during the week. Pretty mindless ARPG grind, which I like, though this one doesn't make your character feel quite as powerful. It's pretty old... 2008, maybe? Though it's received a refresh and several expansions. I'll probably be near the end of the first act tonight. My partner has the PC-exclusive newest expansion, which speeds up gameplay. He finished the first act, trashed his character and started again with a different build, and is about to start act 4. He started his first file after I did. ^_^; The Switch port is a little buggy, but not unplayable. It sometimes won't load targeting on enemies, which means you can't attack and have to run pretty far to get it to load. It's another game you can only play for a couple hours at a time, as it gets slower and slower as you load more of the map and leave common items on the ground.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I decided to go ahead and cancel my pre-orders for Xenoblade 3 and Live a Live. I do want to play these titles, but I know I will not have the time nor motivation to tackle them this year. I also don't want to be dropping $200+ on games in a two month time frame. I'm keeping my Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes pre-orders because I know I'm gonna be primed and ready to give them my full attention. Also went ahead and pre-ordered Splatoon 3 because I didn't even realize it was on the eShop already.

Apparently the Pokemon Home update for the newer games is almost ready to roll out, so I will be getting around to my Shining Pearl playthrough when that drops. For now I'm going to start Adabana Odd Tales.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks simside :) We're doing well, I think.

I keep vaguely thinking of replaying AI: TSF but not getting around to it because I remember how disappointed and kind of disenfranchised I felt by the final end of it. I just couldn't invest my feelings for the main character anywhere any more...I felt cut adrift. It was a really interesting story, though, and until the very end, I really liked it. I was just cut loose by that one story factor. Possibly it means I'm shallow, I dunno, but it was my automatic response and I couldn't shape myself in a way that would let me enjoy that ending.

Chiro this morning! I'm thinking the pain and dizziness should go down this time. If not I'll suspect it's actually referred pain, even though I believe I feel fine. It's not really up to you, how your brain or body responds to some things! I don't have gaming plans. I have a few gaming THOUGHTS, which I've already expressed, but I have no plans. I'm starting to *plan* to sleep and sleep and sleep. (I knew even before I went to take care of grandma that I would have to sleep a LOT extra after I was done, since there is no such thing as using up my energy and then not having to pay the price, with interest, sooner or later.) I need quite a bit of extra. If I continue having weird health blips after this morning's visit to the chiro, I'll just pack in extra sleep for several days and see if that does the trick.

I still have no thoughts to continue RF5 right now. I'm so tired...I don't want any game I have to work hard at, to get it 'right'. I sure wish XCX was on Switch...it'd be really nice to wander around Mira right now. Hyrule doesn't have the same appeal, lacking the thousands of mechanical, biological and archeological treasures to find and harvest. I think there were still a handful of scenic viewpoints for me to find, too...the ones that are the hardest to get to even WITH a skell.

I completely muted News of Monolith Software because I'd mute the keywords and then they'd post something vaguely spoilery (I don't want any info) with NO hashtags or key words at all, so...mute they go. Felt like they were doing it on purpose, lol, to force spoilers on me even though I decided to do all I could to avoid them. My muted words have kept all other sources of XC3 news off my page, thankfully. I don't care how basic the news is...I've decided I don't want to hear it. They can say 'yes, Noah is, in fact, a boy!' or 'yes, we can confirm that the little furry egg-shaped character is a Nopon!' and I still don't want to see it, even though those aren't spoilers. No XC3 news for me!

In that light, if XC3 gets its release date delayed/changed, I might need someone to tell me, lol. Right now I know it to be July 29.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Sorry for your loss Kikki.

Been playing AC:NH a lot lately, so much that I actually fished out my copy of NL and been playing that too. Learning things from one and using them in the other.

I’ve actually restarted NH twice now, just so I can see what the other islands look like as well as the different characters who go with you. Knowing me I’ll restart again so I can check out the fourth. But then I’m always starting and re-starting games.

I think my favourite characters are Blathers, eh wot. I just really like him, especially his reactions to things. And the Dodo brothers. Well, I don’t know that they’re brothers or even related but I was amused to see that their names are Orville and Wilbur. (Memories of The Rescuers immediately came to mind.)

Still got a backlog of other games to work through but I’m in no hurry. I’ll get to them when I get to them.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you, Roinda. :)

So, did anyone see that there's a demo for Xseed's new 'farming' game, Deadcraft? I have to tell you, I have NEVER wanted to play a game less than that game. You can actually farm in it, but apparently you use blood instead of water, and your weapons can be zombie head-and-torsos that gorily bite spraying chunks out of your enemies, like they are being very slowly chainsawed with a very large-tooth chain. It was revolting.

Yep.

Not only would you have to pay me to even try the demo, you'd have to pay me quite a bit. A hundred dollars wouldn't win me over. A thousand dollars wouldn't win me over. I guess I'd probably give in and play the demo if I was paid $10,000, tax-free. Maybe? I'm not sure! I reeeeeeeally can't stand gore. And adding it to a farming game, of all things? (Or maybe adding farming to a gory game.) BLARG! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Played a little Spirit of Justice today. Absolutely cannot take naps during the day, though...I've tried every day I've had the chance, but even though exhausted...I can't. But I lie down for the whole time I'd normally nap anyway, and just stay there. It does help a little, in a way, though actual sleep would be better. At least I sleep well at night, though. It doesn't feel like enough since it doesn't recover my lost energy from weeks/months past, but...at least I don't slip any further down the drain. And the weather is so beautiful right now. The funeral isn't until June 5...I think I'll start short walks for a week right away (everything is wearing me out so I don't want to jump into too much) and then add some Ring Fit or some other guided customizable fitness program with whole-body benefits.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I only read about Deadcraft recently and immediately went 'lolnope'. I know as the curator of the farming games thread here I'm going to have to put it on there (when I have time, I accumulate a bunch of titles and then update it once I have the time/motivation to do so), but yeah, not sure who the target audience is.

---

Today I watched my way through the rest of Tales of Arise and I finished Adabana Odd Tales. Honestly, Tales of Arise is kinda just 'ok' now that I have the full picture. While the overall story was fine (if not a bit long winded), the villains were atrociously written. The game truly starts out with a bang and fizzles out towards the end. I feel it could've been wrapped up a lot sooner and without recycling the same plot from three other Tales games. It's in no way as bad as Hearts R, but it's also in no way as good as Innocence R either. Either way, I think I'm done with the Tales series for good unless they remaster some old favorites.

As for Adabana Odd Tales, it was a short but sweet story with fantastic art and music direction. I got 2/3 endings because the guide said I could skip the bad ending and the other two almost made me cry, so I decided to just not lol. I'm sure it'll make it's way onto the NA eShop eventually, but for now it's locked to Steam unless you have a Japanese eShop account. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Japanese folklore.

I've now started Raging Loop and the guide at the beginning warned me that the game is, and I quote; 'monstrously long'. Hoo boy, what have I gotten myself into? I highly doubt it'll scratch Umineko's 100+ minimum hour play time, but a long game is still long. I am a fast reader though, so I'll see how this goes. I already like the art style, so that's a nice plus.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Woah, it’s been about a week or so since I’ve posted. I’ve been occupied with other things. I don’t have the time to make a lengthy post tonight, but for now I just wanted to say two things:
1) Kikki, I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Obviously I don’t know exactly how you’re feeling, but in general I do know how it feels to lose a parent. I’ll be praying for you and your family in the upcoming days.

2) I’ve been playing the last episode of PWAA: Trials and Tribulations. Let me just say….BEST. CASE. EVER.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I was very baffled by Deadcraft. The thing I got stuck on was fertilizing with corpses/body parts (though, looking again, those might be “seeds”). Like, sure, I watch a lot of gory horror movies, but somehow that’s too far, lol. I could see this having an audience (maybe folks who like Minecraft and zombies?), but I don’t think it’s me. Admittedly, the thing that puts me off is managing the zombies. I’m very particular about managing characters/units/helpers, etc.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, FarmingForDaysMan :)
Spoiler:
One of my friends said, "I know nothing I can say will make you feel better", but it's not exactly true...not for me, anyway. It's true that nothing anyone says or does can make my dad not be gone, for sure, but actually...every time someone says 'I'm sorry for/saddened by your loss,' or something similar (whatever basic expression they use to say the same thing), I actually do feel about 0.005% happier. This applies to people looking at me like they want to help, or looking sad but too awkward to speak, and so on. It adds up, too. I know it's awkward to even say that much for most people but they still put out the effort, because they DO feel sorry/sad to know part of your life has died. It's just nice that so many people care.

I've heard some people say they don't like that because it doesn't sound sincere, or just rote, but I don't feel that way at all. Everyone who has said it to me so far, I can tell they MEAN it. They look at me like they're seeing me and want to hear what I would say. I'm perfectly happy with 'I'm sorry for your loss' from most people. (If my own sister said it, it'd be bloody weird, but what the heck else is the grocery store cashier or the funeral home director supposed to say?)

I really, really dislike when people say 'he's in a better place, now'. Uh, like...that's YOUR belief, not mine. I know full well he's not anywhere, right now. I was raised religiously and chose not to join the religion I was raised in, but even if I accepted it all wholesale, people going to heaven after death was never a part their doctrine anyway! Ugh. Well, I didn't say anything back, just passed it by, because I know they MEAN well, but they're only comforting themselves, not me or my family. I felt like saying 'You must think very highly of that funeral home!', but I was too tired and I'm not confrontational anyway.
Yeah, I'm not sure of the market for Deadcraft, either. It's true that there are some farming sim fans who are also horror or gore fans, but I don't think the crossover group is all that big, so it seems like a very weird thing to target.

I finally feel like I can actually get some housework done today. :) Gonna go for a walk, do housework, and progress my replay of Spirit of Justice, I think. I'm just kind of floating along for the time being. To say I'm in a fog would be overdramatic. My head is filled with a light mist, not a full-blown fog. It's just that so much is still up-in-the-air and I don't know how things will progress in the next two years with the greenhouse no doubt closing and family members moving/new houses/new jobs/etc.

I feel a bit like continuing my replay of Portia, but it's too demanding of my mental resources, so probably not. Mind you, I was enjoying using the duplication trick to get things done FAST. I never even knew it existed in my original playthrough!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I just want to say sorry for your loss, Kikki. Everyone's thinking of you.
Spoiler:
Currently playing:

Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch)
Let's Get Fit (Switch)

On Hold:

The Kids We Were (Switch)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)

Side projects:

Pokemon Shining Pearl (complete the Sinnoh Pokedex, so I can get the national pokedex and receive Shaymin, Arceus, and Darkrai)
Pokemon Legends Arceus (Complete post-game and new post-game content)

Recently beat:

Best Friends Forever (First playthrough) (Switch)

Games beat in 2022: 4
Hey, everyone. I've only had time to really play Nintendo Switch Sports and Let's Get Fit (both on the Switch). We all know that Nintendo Switch sports is a motion video game, but I feel like Let's Get Fit is more of a workout regimen/program (or many of them together).

A few things I don't like about Let's Get Fit is that it only supports right-hand use (as opposed to lefties), and the graphics are a bit ugly for this era of games. Also, sometimes if you're not doing the exercises just right it won't pick up on them. Also, if you live in North America, you can play without the straps given in the physical European release (North American release was digital only), but it locks you out of some exercise routines, accuracy, etc.. :(