Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, we played a bunch of games tonight. Mario Kart was the easiest one to get into. I do think the Mario Party one would actually be good as well, but we didn't have the energy to keep playing after trying the others. Overcooked 2 also went over pretty well. Among Us would no doubt be really fun, but you all need to have the game on your own Switch, which wasn't possible. (Though it's very inexpensive, so we can all get it, if we decide we want to. Still, it'd be better with more people...closer to the upper limit of 15 than to the lower limit of 4.)

Splatoon was judged as fairly spiffy and probably a very good multiplayer game, but quite 'spinny' and disorienting, so I don't think any of the others were inspired to want it. I did see where to get a second zapfish in that first area with Marie, though.

I think next time we'll play Mario Party and Snipperclips, and maaaaaybe Nintendo Switch Sports. Among Us only if we each buy a copy and bring our switches along. It was pretty fun, though chaotic, and it needed a lot more energy than solo gaming.

I am very, very bad at Mario Kart. VERY bad. I found it hard to figure out what I was even doing, or supposed to do. Try to steer the shortest course and run into bonuses and speed-ups as you go, and throw obstacles that you pick up at other players to slow them down. It hink that's all there is to it? Well, I'm not great at doing anything but one task at once. I can steer well, and maybe even hit the speed-ups as I go pretty well, but I can't avoid thrown objects that great if I don't see them coming, and I don't know how to hit anyone with my thrown objects...they never seem to do me much good. *shrug* Basically, I just don't know what I'm doing, even though I believe I understand the idea. Too much going on too quickly, for me.

I'm pretty decent at Overcooked 2, and surprisingly, my fairly well-coordinated bro-in-law isn't any better at Splatoon than I am, slow-brained super-clutz though I be.

I'm not sure dad actually liked having us play there, though, as he thought he would. Dad's more disoriented than he realizes and people saying or doing things he doesn't understand throws him off quite a bit. I'll have to ask mom what she thought, later...if it went well, or if we should stick to having our game gatherings in our own houses.

My beet and goat cheese salad was quite tasty.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:The Zelda Picross was surprisingly good in my opinion. I also played Pokemon Picross a lot quite a while back, until I was getting to held up by the picrites and got tired of farming them because I don't want to pay real money in a free game. Have you tried Pokemon Shuffle simside? It's a free one too, but pretty generous with it's freebies. Another good Picross you can get with Switch Online, can't remember if it's NES or SNES, but there's a Japanese Mario Picross that's pretty fun, though I can't understand a lick of the text, lol.
I didn't know about Pokemon Shuffle! I'll check that one out. I also need to check out the SNES one. I've never tried it, but I liked the older ones a lot. I started switching off to Mario Picross VC when Pokemon Picross locks me out. I beat it on Gameboy ages ago, but it lets me use button controls exclusively and I already had it installed. I think I like Zelda Picross better, but it's on my other 3DS, and I've only switched off a couple times.

I started AI: The Somnium Files this week, I'm currently at day 3 and through two of the... psync (?) puzzles. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet! I do like murder mysteries, but I don't have a feel for the plot or characters. I'm a little annoyed I can't play it one-handed, I usually play VNs lying down before bed or while eating.

I've had no energy lately, so I haven't been making great progress on RF5. I just opened Cloudheim and (finally!) got access to the platinum sickle, but my forging level is slightly too low (75?), and it's taking ages to raise. I think I've raised the soil high enough to get level 10 on my next harvest anyway, but I'd like to have the sickle to be sure. I'm most interested in unlocking and leveling all the crops, but I've been going slowly because I don't like grinding for money to get a lot of extra greenifier/corn, stressing the soil with the formulas, etc. I also raise soil and crop levels on my fields very evenly, so I'm not grinding specific plots or crops hard.

My partner bullied me into downloading Titan Quest, which I'll start either tonight or tomorrow. He's played it several times, but wants to do the new Embers expansion. I wasn't thrilled since I had other RPGs to play, but we can play this one together (and he vetoed Xenoblade Chronicles ;_;). It was horribly expensive with the two expansions for Switch, and I had to bend over backwards to get one of them. For some reason, only one expansion showed in the eShop. We both tried various searches, and found a lot of conflicting info about whether the second had even come out for Switch - a few folks said they'd played it, a few said it wasn't out yet, and we found websites with and without release info. The only eshop listing we could find was Australian. The game menu had a purchase link for it, but it led to the first expansion. I eventually had to access it through Dekudeals and, like, buy it through a back door. But it installed and worked correctly???

I downloaded Bit Orchard for a couple bucks right when it came out, but haven't played it yet. I have a massive soft spot for the Gameboy Harvest Moon games, so I'll love it, but I haven't had the energy to play it yet.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Got to the second OP in Tales of Arise. I am starting to feel a little fatigue with the game, but not enough to stop playing it for good. I'm not going to have much of an opportunity to binge it for 2 weeks as my husband is on vacation and we're basically going somewhere or doing something on every day off I have (which is fine, I don't mind). Having only a handful of hours to play means FFXIV time. I need dedicated days to tackle big JRPGs because they're just not very 'pick up and play' friendly (same goes for VNs). I still have the entirety of May and June before any big releases, so I'll get it done. I think the only other JRPG I'll be playing for the rest of the year is Xenoblade 3 and then I'll be off of them for awhile. We could count Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, but that series is just junk/comfort food to me as this point, so they require no big effort on my part to digest.

Though I'm still waiting on that Dragon Quest III HD-2D remake, but you know what, no rush. Release it next year and I would have 0 complaints.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am so, so tired.
Spoiler:
First was the dementia and now it's dying-of-cancer. Both circumstances suck all the energy out of everyone involved. EVERYTHING has to be about the person with dementia and/or the dying person. Dementia is unable to understand the world any more. They are only aware of their immediate circumstances, without the mental tools to evaluate them or put them in their place. They could fly into a rage because they have contact dermatitis from not changing their underwear for too long, yet still resist letting anyone help them do so because they cannot reason out the need to (even though the results are bothering them so much that they even grow violent.) Grandma is apparently hitting orderlies with her cane, now. I'm not happy about it, though I'm glad the others in the family now see that her behaviour is too much to ask one person to deal with every day, no matter how great they think she is with grandma, and that even professionals can't create good days every day. Knowing that grandma can't help it is good, but it doesn't actually make it any more pleasant to deal with.

When you die, it appears that your world becomes very tiny, too...it shrinks in, until the world is you alone. That's how it looks to me. Dad is still cute toward us and all, but he's starting making increasingly unreasonable requests, mostly for big tasks to be done RIGHT NOW. He's so disconnected from the world now that he doesn't seem to have any idea how unreasonable some of the things he asks are...how hard it is to fit his requests into our extremely busy May days. Something he usually knows well since he's run the greenhouse for 40 years! Of course, we do our best to accomplish them anyway. It blows the heck out of our schedules, which are still running in tune with the rest of the world, but let's reduce any possible regrets later on, right?

But whatever the blather...it's exhausting. At their house, there's no time to think about my own needs at all...I can barely even let myself go pee. Somehow, that will always be the moment dad calls for me, or needs into the washroom himself. I wanted to redo their freezers, but I can't hear dad call if I do that, so I can't. Plus dad has gotten quite nervous if he thinks he's alone in the house. Taking 10 minutes on the toilet at home now feels like a luxury, lol. I keep missing my pills because of the many daily disruptions, too.
I'm home today because the greenhouse is closed, which means it's the one day mom actually spends in the house. I think when we have our next gaming night, we won't do it at my parents house...I don't think dad liked us being there as much as he thought he would, and if we're busy trying to learn new games, we're not actually thinking of him in that moment. Tuesday should be the last day I have to be at their house the whole day, since my aunt arrives sometime on Wednesday, and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays were the only days that no one other than me was available to be in the house all the time.

So...what was I saying? Oh yeah, I think we won't do gaming at their house again. It was a nice idea and we had a pleasant evening, and it's nice to know we had one more gathering all together, but it'd have been MORE fun in our own house, without having to worry about confusing dad with shouts of 'argh, who threw that banana peel??'

I'm trying to think of what I feel like doing right now. I have to weigh out what will fortify me the most, lol. Do I need mental stimulation? Mental relaxation? Escapism? I'm not sure what's the helpful thing, here, and it leaves me not knowing what to do with my free time. It's a beautiful day, so some time outdoors is warranted. And I think I'll continue to tootle around with DQB a bit. RF5's icon is staring at me right now...Ares looks bemused. Sorry, Ares, Alice...I don't think I'll be getting to you all that soon. You just require too many of my mental resources.

I think I can't wait until I feel like gaming again (in a normal way) but I don't know what that really means, lol. My dad passing...I have no idea what that'll be like, or how it'll effect me in the short or long term. I can guess, based on my very consistent personality, but I can't know.

Well, DQB (and DQB2) are still fun. Being able to control the whole world and make it as nice and cute as you please is pretty awesome. I'd love to get back to my SoS1 or ANB replay but they require too much mental coordination to play the only way I like to play: with maximum efficiency. I wish Fantasy Life had a bit more 'sim' to it with house, town and character building and relationships. It's a much simpler game that would suit me right now, but it really doesn't have the world/character customization options that a Bokumono game has.

~Meandering thoughts about XC3~

I have XC3 preordered, but I wonder if I'll even want to play it in July. I really don't know what to expect to feel like at that time. Even when it was first announced, though, I wasn't excited about it. It looks decent...much better than XC2. I was SO disappointed when Rex was introduced as the MC of 2...such a completely boring, bog-standard genki shonen MC. Typical, dull, uninteresting, without nuance: pure trope. And Tora and Zeke added very little of interest, either. (Poppy was actually interesting, but Tora was not.)

The antagonists of 2, now, were FABOO, even better than the first game's antagonists (though they were good, too.) The antagonists were all that redeemed XC2 for me since the soundtrack was so bland and the protagonists mostly uninteresting trope characters.

3 looks like a blend between 1 and 2, to me. Noah looks a bit less 'shonen' than Rex, though not quite as much my style as the very introverted overthinker, Shulk. The story looks like it brings everything together for a proper final conclusion (I do want this to be the end of this Xenoblade universe so they can move onto something fresher, next time. I never want to see Klaus or the Monado again! I also never liked the whole living on Titans thing, either, so to have the Titans come more to the front in 2 than they were in 1 was a step backward, for me. I'd like a proper planet, next time...more like Mira than the Bionis.)

I really have no idea what my final impression of XC3 will be. I don't know what to expect at all, in spite of knowing this series so well. But then, my feelings were so altered by 2, and my situation is so weird right now...I guess there's no getting around it.

Well, I'm curious, though. I would really love to LOVE XC3. My biggest hopes: to love Noah, or at least to completely fall for one member of the main party, even if it's not Noah himself. For at least one region's soundtrack theme to become a new favourite like Gaur Plains (XC1) or Sylvalum Night (XCX). To love the world/exploration. Oh man, would I be happy if XC3 had exploration like XCX! I know it won't, but that game has the BEST, most rewarding exploration of any game I have ever played, including BotW. That was thanks in large part due to the wreckage and discoveries you could map out, and the FrontierNav system that allowed you to make money off of the landscape via your probes. I'd love for XC3 to incorporate more secret locations that give you big EXP rewards when you find them.

I think I really want to explore a beautiful fantasy world right now, more than anything. At some point Xenoblade has become more about the world/exploration than about the story, to me, even though I thought it was the story and characters I loved most about the first game.

EDIT: Replaying straight through the story of XC1, just to see how fast I can do it (though I am also using the opportunity to raise FP between party members other than Shulk.) Oh, and I hadn't realized the second AI: The Somnium Files was out in late June. Soon! I liked the first overall, though I was very disappointed by the ending revelations, tbh. Adn I'm not fond at all of detailed gore, even when it's not animated. But I do intend to play this. Dunno if it's a day one for me, though. I'm thinking very little other than XC3 will be a day-one thig=ng for me in the next half year or so. (Though even now, I still think I'd crawl over broken glass to get a port of XCX, or news of XCX2, or DQB3. And a field of hot coals for BotW2...I want it a lot, but not quite as bad as the others mentioned.)

Friend of the family coming to sit with dad from 3PM on so that I don't have to stay from 8:30 until 6 tomorrow...I get off at a not-completely-exhausting time. (Though even 9 to 1 each day is exhausting, honestly...it's high tension even though I don't have to DO much.) He's not doing great atm, as there's a lot of fluid build up in his abdomen and no one is coming until tomorrow to do the ultrasound to then try to drain it off when they identify the worst pocket of it.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

We have been having a blast with Switch Sports. The last few days my husband has been asking to play it too, especially because he wants to try to beat me at bowling, lol. The only game we haven't tried yet is soccer because you have to have two joycons each, but I am not prepared to open my precious Zelda joycons yet.

I think I am getting close to the end of the first chapter in DQB, but I am just feeling kind of meh about it. It's okay, I just love DQB2 so, so, so much more. So many QOL improvements, and Malroth of course.

I think I am getting close to the end of the content in Bit Orchard. I just finished the task list that has you selling 20 golden apples, but no more task lists have popped up in the last couple of game days. I just need a yellow perch to finish the last town request too I think. That's pretty short, though technically I could keep growing apples, buy all the furniture, and catch the frog a bunch more times if I felt like it. For the $2 in gold points I spent, it was all right, I might even play it again.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have NS Sports but haven't tried it, yet.

DQB2 is a MUCH better games in terms of overall mechanics and QoL. It ruins DQB to go backward from 2 to 1 because of that. But if you played DQB first, you might find as I do, that I actually prefer the story of 1 over 2. Malroth as both a character and a mechanic are great, and the added building options and overall QoL make 2 so much better that it's too hard to go backward, but if you started with it, it's easy to remember/see where 1 was actually better. (Mainly the story, imo. I really only liked the story of Chatper 1, in DQB2. Krumbl-dun and Moonbrooke both annoyed the bejeebus out of me, and the intermission chapter as well!)

I'm done Galahad Fortress and have thus unlocked almost all heart-to-hearts for viewing, and I finally got Dunban to max with both Reyn and Sharla (he already was with Shulk, Riki and Seven.) So Shulk already has everyone at max, and Dunban only has Melia left to raise up. So I finally got to see all the heart-to-hearts between Dunban and Reyn and Dunban and Sharla. I think I had missed the final one with Riki, too, which was very cute, though Dunban is frankly something of a cold fish even at his best in these heart-to-hearts. (Can't say I really like Dunban. He's more my type, and yet, I think I like even Reyn better than him. I may even like Melia better, and I find Melia so starched that she's utterly without interest...but the thing is, though I fail to find much to like about her, I also don't dislike her...and I kinda dislike Dunban.)

At my parents' place, I play some Spirit of Justice. When dad's not restless, it actually goes quite well, though I have to tap softly with the pad of my finger to advance the text, and turn the sound completely off. Still, it keeps me from tensing up as I lounge there, anxious with nothing to do but wait until dad rolls over or needs a pill or the bathroom or something.

I'm only playing things that relax my brain right now. Nothing that makes me tense up for any reason. I have too much unavoidable tensing-up going on IRL to add more of it to my life via gaming. I'm going in for 7:30 tomorrow morning...two longer days in a row. But my aunt is coming up from out east for the long haul (weeks or possibly even months.) and that'll help a fair bit, to cover all the gaps we've got in our network of help.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
Currently playing:

Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch)

On Hold:

The Kids We Were (Switch)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)

Side projects:

Pokemon Shining Pearl (complete the Sinnoh Pokedex, so I can get the national pokedex and receive Shaymin, Arceus, and Darkrai)
Pokemon Legends Arceus (Complete post-game and new post-game content)

Recently beat:

Best Friends Forever (First playthrough) (Switch)

Games beat in 2022: 4
I've been really enjoying Nintendo Switch Sports (on the Switch). It's really fun, even though sometimes/a lot of the times, I lose in the various sports.

I've gotten the first 2 stamp cards that were released completed (the Simple and Cute Collection ones), and am now working on the newly released soccer one.

Also, I'm in the E league (still) for the Bowling sport. The difficulty curve is really something in this game. How do I unlock the other pro leagues? Do I only have access to one Pro League at a time?

I've mostly been focused on Nintendo Switch Sports, so I haven't had time for more Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Rune Factory 5, or any other game.

I'm looking forward to Loopers, which releases on June 2nd on the Switch, and Higurashi no naku koro ni Hou - Rei, which releases on Steam the same day.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

No one told me moving takes so long to get settled. Not just the furniture and unpacking, but the paperwork. It's been two months and I'm still dealing with paperwork mix-ups; the latest is from the tax office. Ugh.

I've been keeping up with this topic when I can, though! I like seeing what games people are interested in, or discovering for the first time, and it's always good to see several people talking about the DQB games. Also, the discussion about it seems to have passed, but throwing in my vote that Overcooked 2 is very fun. I played it online with my parents in 2020, it was our Saturday morning "contact point", if you will.

Interesting to see people really getting into NS Sports. It almost makes me curious to buy it, but I know myself and I'd drop it really fast. Not worth it.

While trying not to think (or stress) about paperwork, I managed to get to the ending of Horizon: Forbidden West (very, very consuming) and 100% the new Kirby (amazing, fantastic, I'm in love). So that's two new games I absolutely wanted to play this year off the list! Which means I am (finally!) playing RF5.

It has me in a death grip. Oh my « Harvest Goddess ». It's definitely not perfect, but it's got that gameplay loop I adore and I'm having a blast. I keep looking down each night like "shoot, it's 9:00, I have work in the morning". I'm still pretty early (need to go to the dungeon after Lucas shows up) but I put story progress on pause to work on leveling skills & crops.

EDIT: I also had a single week while I waited for RF5 to arrive. I sped through a replay of Wind Waker HD to take up my time and distract me. Good old Zelda, always reliable.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Finished up utawarerumono mask of deception, though it'll be awhile before I can go through the rest of the series. Thinking about playing ys seven or crisis core (have a couple hours for both) on my psp soon. I like them both quite a bit for the little amount that I've played. Also want to continue playing coromon on my computer since I know I'll really like that game and I've had fun with what I've played.

I'm still doing some post game stuff In uta, (dream arena + some trophies since I do like a good srpg) but not everyday or anything. I really want to get triangle strategy, but I can't see that happening for awhile yet.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Finished the story in Bit Orchard, it was cute but crazy short.

I think I am starting to get addicted to trying to get the glamour rewards in Switch Sports as I have had to switch to bowling with my left hand to give my right shoulder a rest after doing every sport with it. Surprisingly, I do pretty decent left handed with the left joycon. Maybe I am secretly ambidextrous and don't know it. (Actually I have been asked that before since I knit the way people think of as left-handed as it made more sense to me, and the fancy bows I used to make for work I could hold much tighter with my left hand.) Anyway, be forewarned and don't hurt yourself everyone.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Been a minute. Hope everybody is well as they can be right now. :) I'm enjoying a half day off. Got my cleaning done, so I can just rest.

Still all Builders 2 all the time for me, right now. Though I think when I have the time/energy, a story only playthrough of Wind Waker sounds reeeally nice. Zelda games are all special, but there's none more cathartic for me than Wind Waker. Easy, beautiful, satisfying to play. And the best overworld theme in the series. I will not be taking rebuttals. :lol:

As for Builders... I'm finishing up tablet stuff and collecting a bunch of supplies to take to Buildertopia. I've never done this much in the game. Never bothered getting more than one of any type of animal, so I didn't know you could breed pets, or that they would mysteriously turn into other breeds when you do. :|

The only thing that bothers me about the Isle of Awakening is the whole...invisible barriers around the partitioned "fort" areas that keep villagers from moving between them. :| I don't even remember what I was googling about the game to read that villagers use the whole Buildertopia area. Something about bugged AI, maybe.

I'm learning to make proper use of the pencil. I think it's gonna be all but imperative for anything big I want to build in Buildertopia. Really curious to test my skills. Build something several dozen little buildings strong and watch NPCs navigate it. And at this rate I think I'm gonna have plenty of time for that.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Been chipping away at the FFXIV grind, mostly (Beast) Tribes. I want to finish the Vanu Vanu so I never have to go to the Sea of Clouds again (I hate that area, the only thing I truly dislike in Heavensward) and finish the Ixali so I can stop being forced to wear their stupid gloves to craft stuff for them. Truly these have been the two most irritating Tribes in the whole game (so far). I should have the Ixali done today or tomorrow and the Vanu Vanu sometime next week. Hubbo is also grinding the ARR tribes atm because he wants the glam piece that comes from getting them all Allied. I kinda do too, but for me it's just having them completed so I can move onto other side activities.

On the flipside, went back to Tales of Arise for a few hours. Got my fast travel back (FINALLY) and killed the first giant map boss that's been taunting me for over 20 hours. Bye « Duck Quacker », thanks for the flower! :D

Honestly tho, I miss playing my Switch. Finishing ToA is priority, but when I'm done, I think I'll boot up one of the VNs on my Switch and play through it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Switch has a cozy, inviting feel that no other console has, and that's regardless of whether you play in handheld or not, ime. Weird, really. My Switch feels like part of the family, sorta, but my PS4 does not. Even though I've had some of the best times ever on the PS3 and PS4. *shrug* It's almost like Playstation, Xbox, etc...they all take themselves too seriously as GAMING CONSOLES, because gaming is serious business, while the Switch just bobbles long, smiling derpily at everyone who's having fun. It being portable and very easy to move around even in docked form make it extra accomodating too, though.

My dad died a handful of hours ago; he was pronounced within about an hour by his very nice and kind Irish doctor, and taken away by the funeral home within another hour after that...I've been home slightly over 2 hours and I already feel a bit more like gaming. Though I expect to feel different quite regularly. There may be stages or something, lol...plus I know my mood will shift when other peoples' shift, like if my mom gets weepy (she was too busy getting stuff done, this morning from 3-5 AM.) or if my sisters do (worse, cuz mom always does but me and my sisters aren't prone to it at all.) But after all the intense pressure of the last 3.5 years and the bizarre suffering cropping up suddenly every day the last month, it's just a relief to know that part is over. Part of me feels like gaming, but mostly I'm just horribly sore. I think my body was just WAITING for a good time to fall apart, lol. (I kind of thought this might happen, tbh, because my body has always done this...it buckles down under stress and only gives way once the problems are safely cleared.) Both my hips hurt, my lower back...it's spreading down my legs and I think it's now going up my back toward my neck as well. Meh, I can go to the chiro whenever I want next week.

I could go back into DQB and tootle about with the last portal in Chapter 1, or I could go back to my replay of Spirit of Justice (I'm about half done.) Or I could probably pick up that replay of ANB or SoS1, now that I'll (probably) have the mental resources to remember more than my own name. No hurry! For a new game, I don't think I was that far in RF5. I had just gotten Ludmila into town. That might be about half done, story-wise? I don't want new right now, though, I don't think.

I showered just last night but I am so sore that I think I'm gonna go have another, then a stretch to try to pop these hip joints back into order, then maybe a sleep...then who knows? I probably won't be called upon to do anything today, though things will probably temporarily get busy again starting Sunday or Monday. I'm just doing whatever I want, game-wise, for 2022. Who cares if I completely 60 games or just 6? I'm a little restless though cuz I know some things are going to NEED done, but I can't do anything at all, yet, and I twitch when forced to procrastinate. Perhaps technically it's not procrastination, but it always feels like it, to me.

Well, not sure what I'll do, but feeling twitchy as I am, I do think I'll end up playing something today. Unless a shower and a stretch relaxes me enough to actually sleep. I do want to get this memory board or album together ASAP to get that out of the way, so maybe I'll end up working on that instead. I'm fast, though...good chance I'll end up doing everything at once.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry for your loss, Kiki. Grief takes on many forms and it may take some time for it to fully manifest. Mine's always been very odd personally. For now I'd just say focus on you and take it as it comes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, Bluie :) Well, we have bags of support, anyway, from the family, from my parents congregation, and from the community at large (my parents are very well-known, being the owners and operators of a large business that's been here for 40 years.) I got the mini album finished, too. I sincerely doubt my bent-headed uncle will appreciate it at all...he'll probably complain that it's too small (I managed to scrounge up 15 photos...dad hated having his picture taken so almost everything of him is from my parents' anniversary time each December...there was very little else available for me to print out.) or too unprofessional or something. Whatever; dad asked me to make him one because he's barred from the funeral itself (due to restraining order), so I did.

Now that I've completed my one current task and stretched a bit, I think I could actually sleep. I'll just put on the TV and veg a bit and probably drift off. Something about a recliner makes you sleep when your bed just seems like the wrong place to be.

I'm going to advance Spirit of Justice a little, too, just idly. I do think I'll end up returning to either SoS1 or ANB, or continue with DQB chapter 1, as a cute life-sim with building options is appealing. All of a sudden, I'm not busy any more...AND for the first time ever in this house, my sister cleaned up the kitchen! So I don't even have that to do. Guess I could clean out the fridge (I really do need to) and go grocery shopping to properly restock it, but it's busy out and I'm tired and don't want to leave the house today, so nah on the groceries at least. TV, veg, and idle gaming on the side, for today, now that the rest is done.