Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Been picking at things here and there.

I did the whole first chapter of Samurai Warriors 5. It feels very nostalgic while also looking fresh with new designs. I really love Noh and Oichi's new look. They're very busy but at the same time very beautiful. Because I got the complete edition of the game it came with all the mounts and weapons that absolutely break the game, but I'm honestly fine with it. It'll ease the grindy nature of the game and I had a few of these mounts in SW4, so I do have a little nostalgia for them too. The max speed running animation on the horses looks very jank though. I feel like they're not usually supposed to be going this fast lol. Hacks.

I managed to get a whole high rank Mizutsune armor set in Monster Hunter Rise and then upgrade it fully. I knew I needed some better armor for the coming quests so I asked my friends (half jokingly) what monster I should push to extinction for my new sick threads and my one friend said the Mizutsune only because, and I quote: "that « Baaaa *glomp* » never dropped a plate no matter how many times I murdered her". I then proceeded to get SIX plates much to my glee and my friend's annoyance lol.

I've been both progressing the story in Yokai Watch 3 and hunting for a Noko. That little snake is my pride and joy and I need him or any of his variants on my team. It's like looking for a shiny, and I get it, it's a Tsuchinoko, but MAN why have they made this yokai so much of a pain to get after the first game? In YW1, Noko has several spawn areas and you had to catch him as he runs from you rather than run at you like every other yokai, not that bad. In YW2 he was a complicated save data carry over which required you to take a photo with the YW1 camera function and then talk to a NPC in YW2 to give you a coin which you can get Noko with. In YW4 he's a super rare battle spawn and the drop rate for his recruitment material is so low I had to go to GameFaqs and beg someone to trade me one because I was so frustrated (and they gave me one!). In YW3 he's a rare spawn in certain grassy areas or in the side Blasters mode and I have been grinding both and only saw one which rejected recruitment. AUUUUUGHHHHH! I feel like I'm going INSANE. PLEASE just give me my adorable snek companion, I am BEGGING you! I'd ask again for someone to trade me one but the YW3 forums are deader than dead. Ugh.

But in better news, it's Halloween time in Final Fantasy XIV babeeeeeyyy!!! I am legit excited for the scary clown outfit they're handing out this year. It's so silly and I am gonna glam with it SO MUCH. Gonna grab it tonight or tomorrow and maybe finish up the Shared FATEs while I'm at it? I have one area left and then probably a few more for good measure to get all the items I want. So close! I literally got the PS4 trophy for doing 1000 FATEs recently and got both excited that it popped and died a little inside looking at my grind in the face. Hnng.

Got the day off tomorrow and I'm torn between focusing on MHR of FFXIV. Maybe both? Maybe neither? Ehhhh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sigh, I got stymied by that horrible, no good, very bad SAD :( And I was handling it so well this year, too. But I got stressed about falling behind on my project, and about house-hunting, and the SAD made it sink in way too deep and then just... not go away. So doing anything that involved longer mental or emotional investment was a no-go.

I did manage to beat Captain Toad today, if only because I didn't care about it that much. Also, bite-sized pieces.

Hopefully my mind will clear out soon and I'll be in the right mind-frame to open DQ back up. Only a month and a half till March, and more sunlight. Almost there.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Your post sounds like it could be mine, yzafre, lol. Well, as far as anything connecting to seasonal affective disorder, anyway. Yeah, caring is not possible from Dec through Feb. In bad years, even October/November and March/April can be difficult. :mrgreen: I'm a little proud of myself for doing as well as I have. I prepared a lot, and kept my mind as focused as I could, to prevent myself from sliding into the SAD slump early. Of course I wanted to avoid it altogether, and even now it's nowhere near as bad as the last two years' dark seasons, but I know the reason why I can't bring myself to care about anything is seasonal affective disorder. I only want to play games that feel comforting in some way. Replays, or sim-types where you can tootle about doing whatever you want. Or DQXI, which I really don't care about either way, lol. I enjoy zoning out while grinding, and I feel no rush to get through the story because I don't feel invested in it. Which normally would totally turn me off! But it's perfect, right now.

It doesn't sound like I'm doing great, and should have nothing to be proud of. I'm only a LITTLE proud because I've done better this year by being proactive about it, but I know it's still not the best I could have done. But a bit upward is still good, even if there's lots of climb ahead. I can't bring myself to care about anything, but that's better than last year (and the year before) when I felt completely dead and detached from the world, like I was already in hibernation and just dreaming a tedious dream of being awake and plodding through endless grey fog. Compared to that, not being able to feel invested in much is pretty good! :) Next year I have to put more work into getting a sustainable exercise program started before mid-October, that I can go all the way through winter with. Too bad the greenhouse didn't work out as an exercise space for this winter, but I thought it would hold a tiny bit of heat, and it does not. There's no bloody sun out there to warm anything up most days anyway! Maybe if I double layer the plastic next year.

I spiffed up the first half of the ascent to the mountaintop temple in DQB2. Not sure what to do with the upper half as it jogs weirdly to the side...I can't picture how to change it, yet. Captain Brownbeard's house is placed, but not completed...same with his yard. The boardwalk area is...done-ish. I may add a few stalls to the west of the main area, going toward the base of the Temple Ascent, to look like a shopping area for tourists/travellers.

But I'm done with it for today. Half an hour did me in, lol. I may go do a few shrines in BotW, or some DQXI grinding. I'm still at the beginning of snake way, which I will call it both to avoid spoilers, and because I can't remember for sure what the region I'm in is actually called. It was after putting the dragon balls (orbs, whatever!) on the altar...I didn't touch the game at all yesterday or today. I don't feel like it! I can't get back to SoS1, either, even though I like it. Too darned much mental planning. Probably why I haven't continued with Slime Rancher, or that replay I want to do of MTaP. Though...I do feel a bit like picking that up tonight. Maybe I don't need to beat Higgins in my first season. MTaP really isn't a very casual game, though. Not the way I play it!

If I could finish Slime Rancher or DQXI, I'd make actual backlog progress. I think after this chapter I'm done 'act 1'. ??? Maybe? Does the game TELL you when you finish act 1? Or is dividing it into acts a fandom thing? Because I haven't seen any chapters marked anywhere even though walkthroughs divide the game into them. Oh well, backlog progress is not a priority anyway. This year is more about enjoying replays and minimizing purchases of new games. (The two kind of go together.)
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Since they did the PlayStation year in review type thing I checked that and it said I played 178 hours (with cold steel coming in at the top) and about 200 hours on the ds. I'm not sure exactly how much I played on the computer because it doesn't keep track of that very well. But I guess I play my consoles pretty evenly time wise?

Been playing cold steel 2 and Pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity lately. I think I've been making pretty good progress on pmd. I play a few dungeons a day and then I'm done for the day, so the progress is a little slow but steady. And I'm saving up as many reviver seeds and other supplies as I can for the times that I'll need them.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Sad to see more COVID cases on the forum. :/ Hope you (and your family!) feel better soon, greensara!

Pretty sure omicron is what I had, in spite of the negative antigen test. (You're supposed to take those multiple days in a row, and I refuse to pay $10 per test, for no real reason. :roll:)

--
So... I may be developing the game breaking bug finder gene. Either that or Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a MUCH buggier game than I remember. Had some really severe model clipping, an NPC that seems to be permanently bugged out (jittery animations at random), AI triggers just do not want to work, accidentally skipping part of the story bugging out quests... /facepalm

The worst bit...
Spoiler:
During the Harvest Festival portion of the Furrowfield story, some of my crops were just outside the forcefield keeping you contained... I got really lucky, because I ended up figuring out I could still pick them up and move them to collect them. I have no idea how much time I would have lost otherwise.
I remember some of this from my first playthrough, but nothing this bad. If it weren't for nearly soft locking myself I'd find most of it funny. The game is not designed to be tested. :lol: Which both scares and tempts me.

Finished with pet sitting today, so I'm rewarding myself by sitting on my butt the whole night. More building for me!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So since I diminished my PC backlog (I just have Kynseed left, but I'll try Waylanders again once it's out of Early Access in February) and there's only a week left until Pokemon Legends Arceus comes out (and one more week to try and finish the National Dex in Shining Pearl), I've decided to replay Dragon Age Origins and The Outer Worlds. The former means I got an Xbox again (my roommate told me a friend of ours has his old one, so I went and got it back) and the latter is new on PC (I don't have access to my files on PS4/5, so I rebought it with a Steam gift card I got for Christmas and it was on sale. Plus, it runs much smoother on PC than PS4/5)

Cant' wait for next week!
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I did it! I played the game today!

So, chapters/acts are unofficial things. At the chapter level I tend to just think "what city am I in?" The arcs are pretty clearly delineated by major story events. Like, it doesn't tell you, but. Once you've seen the cut-scene, you know.

In other news, I am essentially done with Act 1. I made it up to the world tree, grabbed the sparkly spots... and immediately backed outta there. :lol: I knew I didn't want to do the between-act character interludes today, so I used the rest of my play-time running errands. I gathered materials for forging, filled out my side-quest log, cleared out the available horse races, and made some... adjustments, to my party's equipment.

Now, when I open the game back up, I just walk into the "end-act" cutscene and go straight into the interludes.

Ronin19 wrote:So since I diminished my PC backlog ... I've decided to replay Dragon Age Origins and The Outer Worlds.
Oh, yeahhhhh, I bought a Dragon Age game months ago when it was on super-sale, and it's just been sitting in my steam account.... May have to open that up after finishing DQXI.

EDIT: I! Forgot! To turn in my mini-medals! AHHHHHHH if I forget to do that next time I'm going to scream.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My switch and controllers were all working perfectly yesterday. No problems at all. Today, however, when I tried to turn my switch on, it wouldn't accept input via my (plugged-in) pro-controller. Wondered it was the controller (licensed non-Nintendo controller) so put the actual Nintendo switch pro-controller on instead, connected via cord.

Nope, nada. It might as well be a rock. The switch doesn't know there's any controller connected at all. Tried the sync. Nothing! (Though the little glowing button opposite the sync button is shining, so obviously there is power in the controller) Checked to make sure my sytem is updated. It is. Checked that the dock itself is updated. It is. The wired controller port seems to have just gone entirely dead. My joycons still work. I hate using them as a controller because the left joycon battery has always been wonky and goes from claiming it is fully-charged to empty/non-functional in only a few hours. But in the short term, I can use the joycons as a controller. Obviously I need the pro-controller to work, though!

Can't figure it out, and can't find anything online, either. Could be an issue with the dock if the port itself is malfunctioning, but I've also heard of this happening to people where putting a new dock in doesn't help the problem, so the problem is in the switch itself, not the dock, in those cases. I don't know what is wrong with mine. It was FINE yesterday, and nothing has happened. No power outages, no switch dropped, no controller dropped, no cord damaged...nothing.

(-___-)

I can play for a little if I want, with the joycons, but that time is uncomfortably limited. Oh well...I do have a second pair of joycons so I can use them as well, though they TOO have a wonky battery in the left one (why is the left joycon so defective?) but...I WANT the pro-controller! I have long hands. The joycons are like holding a baby toy. My hands engulf the entire controller and overlap by quite a bit even when they're slid onto the grip.

EDIT: After being unplugged from the switch for a while (it's perma-wired, no wireless option) I plugged the Faceoff controller (by PDP) back in...and it worked. Er. I don't know why. I had already tried unplugging it before, and it didn't help! Also plugged in a whole other controller with another cord...no go. Why did it work this time? I don't get it. If this goes wrong again, I'll still have no idea how to fix it, except to take a stab at unplugging the controller and letting it stay unplugged for half an hour or so, then attempting to plug it back in, I guess.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Got to the Gale Shrine in Okami but trying to get the chests on the rafters was getting on my nerves so I quit for now lol. I spent too much of the day today playing The Sims so I didn't get too much Okami time in. I hope to finish it soon, but I need to be more motivated to play. Even if I put in a little bit of time per day, it's better than what I'm doing now. At this rate I'll never finish my backlog... lol
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, guess I gotta get off Youtube. Pokemon Legends Arceus has leaked and I'm getting bombarded with spoilers every time the homepage refreshes. So far it's been nothing too bad, but I would have liked to see/experience it myself. I hope Nintendo gets their « Mr.Gourmet's shoes ».

So I did actually manage to get a PS5 finally. It's arriving tomorrow and I know I'm gonna be on edge all day waiting for the UPS truck to drop it off. After being denied by Sony themselves for a chance of having the privilege of buying one directly from them and being sniped by bots everywhere else, I gave up and went to eBay. The way I see it neither my husband or I are every going to get one elsewhere. We're too busy with our work to be camping on sites for new stock and encountering one in the wild will never happen until the world is 'back to normal' which is probably never going to « Snuggly Bunny » happen at this point. Most of the PS5s being offered now anyways are 800+ bucks anyways because they're trying to discourage scalpers by making ridiculous bundles and guess what? It doesn't « Snuggly Bunny » work, they're still gone in seconds. I'll cough up an extra 200 bucks over waiting another year or four for PS5s to be in stock as they should be. I'll make it back in two days of work anyways. It may even be a few more years for the exclusives I want to play, but I want to play FFXIV NOW in HD and that's more than enough reason for me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Had to sit still yesterday...what a crampy, accident-prone day! Bleah! :mrgreen:

But I did play a LOT of BotW. What'd I do? Well, I FINALLY went and saw Impa, lol, so I could start collecting the memories. I got several memories and all of the towers (I only had 2 towers when I started, yesterday). Got both labs working. I freed Medoh and Ruta. I upgraded the Zora armor set, snowquill set, and Hylian set all to level 2 (too bad no bonus on that Hylian set!) and my two pieces of climbing armor were done up to level 2, as well, though I wasn't yet prepared to do a major test of strength to get the final piece. But y'know what, I NEED that full set, so I'll forgo getting any guardian bits on it and use two of my four gifted ancient arrows with my x3 bow on it (I hate that they made that a feature, that you get no drop if you use an ancient arrow.) Don't even have to worry about hitting an eye if you use a three-shot. It'll be a MK IV, which have 3500 HP (2000 more than stalker guardians!) and two arrows in a three-shot will do 3000 damage. I'll only have to bash away 500 HP. Hmm, it'd be easier to do the 500 HP by hand first and finish it off with the arrows, but...then no drop. But if I finish it off by hand, I could still get a drop. Wonder if I could somehow chisel away about 450 HP, use two arrows, then only need to hit it once or twice to kill it. I don't think I'm good enough to time it so well, though. Eh, I can try! I'll just save first. I have lots of bomb arrows, too, and they're pretty helpful.

Any other major test of strength can wait until I have the guardian armor, and upgraded it, too, though. Then their worst hit does a quarter heart of damage, lol.

I feel awful cuz I slept in my recliner due to issues, so now my neck and upper back and jaw hurt and I feel crunchy, as a friend used to say. My eyes hurt too but that's probably a mostly unrelated side issue. I need to get back up and take pills. Good thing it's Sunday! Everything is so, so quiet on Sunday. No chance of even so much as a phone call from family on Sunday mornings until at least 12:30-1, but probably not even then. It's like an empty world out there. You can't even hear traffic (I live about 200-300 feet back from the town's main street...there's one residential street in between the main road and my street, which runs parallel. Near enough to hear, but not overwhelmingly so.) It's QUIET. :heart: It's comforting to feel crappy in complete quiet. Plus I won't actually be alone. I'll be with Link! Link'n me're gonna go get that climbing gear.

We're gonna work on questing, today. I want to quest, and get and upgrade all armor before I go on to free Rudania and Naboris. I plan to do EVERY quest this time, even the horse-riding one. (I find controlling a horse really difficult and always hate riding quests.) Won't go to the final battle until there's nothing left to do, except DLC content and maybe killing every hinox, molduga and talus and getting the medals from Kilton. That stuff can wait for post game. I've been taking pictures to complete the Compendium, but completion of that can probably be post-game, too. It'd take too long, otherwise.

I hope they make the shrines more visually interesting in BotW2. At least any major dungeon shrines! They could have used the same bones but covered them in different skins to suit their elemental natures (Ruta could have been swampy, Rudania a parched desert, Medoh a blizzard, etc, but they went so samey.) Though I guess they may not have shrines at all? Perhaps this melting-through-earth-and-sky mechanic will completely replace shrines as they are in BotW. Dunno!

Okay, pill time, before things get dire. I've been putting it off because I don't want to jar my torso at all, lol. But I've gotta! Then back to Link. I should be working on whatchamajigger...DQXI...but I already dedicated 2022 as Year of the Replay, so I should stop telling myself I need to hurry up and complete a new game, so as to have something to check off the backlog. My backlog isn't very big anyway!
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Welp, guess I gotta get off Youtube. Pokemon Legends Arceus has leaked and I'm getting bombarded with spoilers every time the homepage refreshes. So far it's been nothing too bad, but I would have liked to see/experience it myself. I hope Nintendo gets their « Mr.Gourmet's shoes ».
I've seen a ton of people get it early and I'm not sure how? I follow one of the contestants from the last season of MasterChef and she put it on her story like two days ago already - physical copy, at that.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Enjoy your PS5 Bluie! Sucks that a lot of people have to resort to paying ridiculous prices for one, but who knows when the supply issues are going to be resolved. Also hope everyone who has or had COVID is doing alright! I'm recovered now but still have lingering symptoms... nearly 3 weeks later. Fun.

I'm not playing anything new right now, just passing the time with FFXIV while I wait for new releases. I got all the goodies from the event (and can actually wear the hat since I recently gave up on being a Viera, RIP. Maybe they'll be able to wear hats some day :c) and am just leveling Summoner now.

I had no interest in Pokemon Legends Arceus, but did come across some of the leaks and... it sounds pretty great. I'll definitely be picking that up next week, I'm actually pretty excited! Haven't really played Pokemon in a couple of years now, but this one sounds like it's mixing things up enough to interest me.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Still alive and kicking, feeling more normal sick (if that's a thing) instead of evil sick now. It stinks being sick and taking care of sick kids too, makes me miss my superhero of a mom, but I don't want her getting sick too. Adulting is hard, lol. Anyway....

I've played a bit more Xenoblade and a lot more Alpha Sapphire. Got to chapter 15 I think in Xenoblade and almost to Mt. Pyre in AS. Besides the joy of getting hang out with my man Steven Stone again, (Who wouldn't want to go Latios riding with him?) I have just enjoyed being in Hoenn again for like the fifth time I think? It got me to thinking about how cool it would be if they end up doing other Legends games, like if they did it in ancient Hoenn instead of Sinnoh. Wouldn't it be cool to see Wallace and Zinnia's ancestors, the legendary Pokemon duking it out, or Rayquaza stopping one of the previous meteor storms? Also Professor Birch theorized ancient Hoenn was different and had more Pokemon, so there's that. Oh, and Sootopolis is built in a giant crater. Lol, I think I may be getting too excited in my imagination. Actually come to think of it most of the regions have some kind of ancient story or ruins in them so they could potentially do another "prequel" anywhere. Needless to say I am happy Arceus will be available for everyone soon.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I've been playing A LOT of Labyrinth of Refrain, telling myself that maybe the next time I play I can finish it in one nice, long session. ^_^; My current save file is somewhere north of 65 hours, but I've quit and reloaded so much (at least an hour and a half yesterday) that it's probably 75+ hours. And I am still. not. done. with the main story. It's rolled credits multiple times to tease me. I stopped at a boss last night that I thought was final, but it turns out there is a WHOLE OTHER AREA. Technically two, but one is postgame, and you have to beat several optional bosses and basically complete all the other content for that.

The not-final boss is giving me problems... I beat two of the optional bosses right before, and it feels like the not-final boss should be easier than them! The not-final boss feels doable, but like I may have to be lucky. I thought I might be missing spells that do whole party buff/debuffs or enemy debuffs, but I just checked the spell lists and these aren't a thing? I thought I might not be utilizing the magic correctly. I can do some armor and weapon synthesis, but I'd rather swap in other characters and fit them out, so I'll do a bit of grinding.

Argh. Having said that, this is somehow still one of the best games I've ever played. I want to spike it on the ground when I finish, and then put it back in and beat the rest of the optional bosses. I won't, but I'll want to.

I did beat Picross S2! Hooray! That was around 40 hours of puzzles, ha. I'll probably start Cupid Parasite before bed tonight. I'm having a surgery tomorrow too, so that should keep me company while I'm recovering. That was the other reason I was hoping to finish Labyrinth of Refrain - so I could start either My Time at Portia or Pokemon BD, either of which should less infuriating.