Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Stephy wrote:
Kachimak wrote:After listening to Kilt's voice actress...
A random fact:
Kilt's voice actress voiced Hatsune Miku (Hatsune Miku's voice was modeled after Kilt's voice actress's voice. Basically.)

Allri ght..I'm confused...which one is Kilt?! The girl or the guy?!

Kilt is the girl, Knit is the boy. XD I know it's a bit opposite of what one would expect.
pmaker4
Banned: Intent to do harm

Post  Posted:

Wait, so Miku's VA plays a boy in Japan? Yaaay~

In regards to the marriage thing, it's easy to see male-to-female proposals happening while playing as a girl. Just like in Another Wonderful Life, he can come knocking on your door once you fulfill certain requirements and then take you somewhere and propose. Lots of coding, but it'd be TOTALLY worth it.
Like, if SONIA proposes to the guy, he's surprised, but they get married anyway.
If she clears a certain event and has full love for a guy, he'll propose.

Same could be for a guy, just scripted a tad differently. Like, when they go out, the girl will SUGGEST marriage and Azel would be the one to actually propose.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Eh I think Sonia will just propose herself. Just because you will probably end up having to make the ring yourself and I doubt they would make Azel have to go through the trouble of making a ring for the person he wanted to marry and not make Sonia do the same thing.

Buuut on the other hand there are a lot fewer guys so it wouldn't be as hard to make reverse proposals for Sonia as it would be for someone who had as many marriage candidates as Azel. I still think Sonia will do the proposing though.
PiplupPeanut wrote: You'll give the Blue Feather to the guy, and he'll be all like, "Gee, thanks, but I'm too manly to have a woman propose to me, so let me say it."

...It was one of the only things that I /didn't/ like about AP. XD
That is so funny :lol:. And a perfect way to describe it.

"I never would have had the guts to propose to you myself even though I really want to marry you. But now that I know for sure you will accept, you better let me do it so I can save my dignity."
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

^Oh Marlin you. You and your massive dignity...

I'd love it if you just gave the guy his extra special favorite item at full hearts and he says how wonderful you are and how you always know him so well. Then after murmuring about how he's grown to love you a bit, he'll work up the nerve to ask you out on a date with him. He takes you to an area and at the end of a romantic scene he proposes to you with a ring.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

and if you refuse cause you want to see the other events with the other guys, you can propose to him yourself later. =D And naturally, he won't care! xD

But really, with them bragging about the new 'dynamic interaction' among characters, I expect a little more then the old proposal methods. (of course, I've expected a lot and been disappointed...so meh)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I remember them saying there were going to be a lot of random event type things. That sounds like it will be really cool. Of course on the pessimistic side that means it will take even longer to translate all that stuff :?.

I don't expect much difference in the marriage system. I think it will be pretty much the same as RFF/RF3. You complete the marriage requirements, ask the girl on a date, propose (with an item you made yourself) when the time is right. I don't know it just seems like a running theme now.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How much more scans are we getting until this game comes out?

Also, what's the name of RFO's second artist? His works are impressive.
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^We still have about a month to go, so unless they want to keep Pandora/the children/any other news from us until it comes out...

Guys I watched a video on YouTube showing how fast the loading times are and WOW. It's like one second. I kid you not. And the graphics are sooo pretty.
Hisagiluv
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Mhm, halo gave out links to show gameplay and fighting looks so smooth~
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I saw that too. The loading times are so great. I wonder if both the Wii and PS3 have the same loading times or one it better?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:I saw that too. The loading times are so great. I wonder if both the Wii and PS3 have the same loading times or one it better?

Well, considering that the video showing the loading times was from the Wii build of the game (the button graphics are proof of that), most likely the ps3 version will be just as fast if not a little faster than the wii version (since you wil probably be allowed to install the ps3 game right in he hard drive).

Curiously enough, the loading times video is the only thing we have seen from the wii version, since all the scans, pics and other videos use the ps3 build (again, you can say by the buttons shown in the screen).
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So.

News while I was gone?
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

haloharvestmoon wrote: Guys I watched a video on YouTube showing how fast the loading times are and WOW. It's like one second. I kid you not. And the graphics are sooo pretty.
I know i just sound like a grumpy guts here, but i'm still disapointed with how the 3D portraits have turned out. Their faces just seem too simplistic.
I hate to say this, since i love Nintendo: but the Wii is holding it back. Perhaps the next console game will be on the Wii2, and then i'll be satisfied with it.
I mean you just have to look at Catherine to see how anime-style 3D characters could, and should, look.
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think the 3D models look great (but I was mainly referring to the scenery). They look a lot better detailed than Frontier, and the way Azel/Sonia fights just makes me want to stare in amazement. My only complaint about the models right now is that some of their eyes (especially the ones with blue or light colored eyes) look a bit weird. Other than that, I like them. But I do understand what you're saying. Even on the Wii, the 3D models in some games still look a bit square if you pay close attention.
Icewings wrote:So.

News while I was gone?
The last news update we got was the three guest characters which are Candy, Tabatha and Anette. I think we also got a few more voice samples, but that was it. If you were here for those, then I don't think you missed anything.
bond007106
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

It's not just the squareness of their faces; it's the flatness, and the shape of thier features. And there's something else i can't quite put my finger on, but they just leave me feeling cold.
Now if we compare it to these:
If only, if only...