Rival Marriages?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Are there Rival Marriages in this game? If so can someone please direct me to where I can find out when the events are.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope. There are no rival marriages.

There aren't even official rival couples :/
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:Nope. There are no rival marriages.

There aren't even official rival couples :/
Yeah I didn't like that news either when I learned it. I like the challenge, or at least the resemblence of one. Not to mention seeing how the other couples turned out. Well maybe next time.
_Ember_
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

:o This makes me sad :(
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This is how I see it: No rivals mean you don't feel bad if you break up your favorite couple.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Cool, now I can persue people, and not feel gulity about it. Thanks for letting me know. This game and Grand Bazaar kind of confuses me when it comes to this sort of stuff. (I guess this is what I get for playing my other HM games for so long).
crazy cat lady
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I always think it's wierd if there are no rival couples.... It seems like my character is the only one that does anything XD
Peach
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I don't actually think this is bad. Now, if there were rival couples, but no marriages, I think it would be weird. However, if there are no rival couples, then that is fine. There was no rivals in the first HM after all! And of course Hero of Leaf Valley.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Actually Hero of Leaf Valley did have rival couples. They only had like one event and they could only happened after you saved the town. But still there were definitely official couples.

Just no rival marriage.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I thought there were hinted rival couples in ToTT, just nothing concrete, and they only got one cutscene or something. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, but maybe the person was mistaken.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I thought there were hinted rival couples in ToTT, just nothing concrete, and they only got one cutscene or something. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, but maybe the person was mistaken.
There are 4 scenes with the 4 main girls and guys (this doesn't include Alisa, Dirk, Mikhail, or Oracle). I don't know who is with who, but I think the "couples" in the scenes are these:
Ash and Laney
Cam and Georgia
Kana and Nori
Hiro and Reina
KaiKai13
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Im actually glad! When ever I want to marry a person in HM they get married to someone else and I feel like killing the rival.
Akaatje
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

In a way, not having Rivals makes thing easier.
But then again, it makes is less challenging as well.
I don't know if I like it or not.
I will see that when I have the game and when I can play it.
I am looking forward to it :)
Peach
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I don't see only one scene making them a 'rival pair.' When I think of rival couples, I think of having more than one scene, where in the final one they get married about a week later.

This was why I didn't like how Grand Bazaar handled it. You could see all of the rival events, and yet, you can swoop in and take the guy/girl... and to be honest, I really hated that.

If it's just one scene, it still doesn't bother me that much.
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I like that there aren't any rivals. Finally.

I never marry who I want to marry because I always like to have the couples end up together, and I end up marrying somebody like the Harvest Goddess who doesn't has a rival (and is usually annoyingly hard to marry).

THIS TIME I MARRY WHO I WANT!