wild animal friendship?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
BlueTrillium
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ah, congrats. ^_^ I still haven't managed to trigger the duck event yet...

-BlueTrillium
Lunadora
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I still have some questions about this... Do you have to give a gift to the animal to get the scene to trigger?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Mothership wrote:I just got the friendship event with the ducks! It was sooooo cute :)

I was walking up the mountain from Konohana. When I got almost to the top, my character started walking on her own into the festival area and all the way up to the scenic overlook place. Then, three mallard ducks appeared and one of them walked up to my character and gave her a small blue crab.

It was Fall 3rd of year 4 at 1:10 pm.
Can you post a picture please if you have one :?:
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Mothership wrote:I just got the friendship event with the ducks! It was sooooo cute :)

I was walking up the mountain from Konohana. When I got almost to the top, my character started walking on her own into the festival area and all the way up to the scenic overlook place. Then, three mallard ducks appeared and one of them walked up to my character and gave her a small blue crab.

Also did it look like this

expect withducks insted of foxs :?:
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kiwi wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

Also did it look like this

expect withducks insted of foxs :?:
Sorry I couldn't paste the picture :(
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Luna...the scene triggered automatically as I walked up the mountain, so no gift is needed to start the event if you already have enough fp with the ducks/fox/whatevers.

I'm not techy enough to take pictures of things on my DS....sorry.

I can describe it further, though.
I was walking up the mountain from Konohana, and, as I got to the summit screen my character started walking on her own. She continued to walk into, and to the top of, the festival area. When she reached the "scenic overlook" she turned around and 3 mallard ducks walked towards her. The ducks all got big, red hearts over their heads and the duck in the middle approached my character and gave her a small blue crab. The text then said something close to "They gave you a gift! They must really like you!"

And then the scene ended. It was cute :)
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Mothership wrote:Luna...the scene triggered automatically as I walked up the mountain, so no gift is needed to start the event if you already have enough fp with the ducks/fox/whatevers.

I'm not techy enough to take pictures of things on my DS....sorry.

I can describe it further, though.
I was walking up the mountain from Konohana, and, as I got to the summit screen my character started walking on her own. She continued to walk into, and to the top of, the festival area. When she reached the "scenic overlook" she turned around and 3 mallard ducks walked towards her. The ducks all got big, red hearts over their heads and the duck in the middle approached my character and gave her a small blue crab. The text then said something close to "They gave you a gift! They must really like you!"

And then the scene ended. It was cute :)
Did you ever see the event again :?:
Lunadora
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Kiwi: you really should learn how to answer without quoting, it just make the posts too long. If there is really something you want to use from it, at least try to let just the part that you want to use.

@Mothership: Thanks, I was afraid that I would have to feed them on the said event day for the event to trigger. Do you remember what weekday was it? Just want to confirm that the japanese wiki is right about the days...
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No, Kiwi, I haven't seen the duck event again, yet.

Luna... It was a Tuesday when I triggered the event. Also...I might have fed the duck on the Konohana side on my way up the mountain, or I might not have...I don't remember.

I did find it interesting that the mallards were in the event, because 90% of the time it was the white duck that I fed.
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Are the animals on konhana moutain side have the same friendship if I feed the ducks on bluebell moutain side?
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kiwi.....if you feed one duck then none of the other ducks will take any food for that day but they'll still get the fp increase. So it doesn't matter which duck you feed.
Lunadora
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Mothership: If I'm not wrong, you only get one event a month, so you won't see the ducks event again untill your next season. At least this far I remember.
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks @Mothership :)
Kiwi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

@Lunadora did you see this somewhere :?:
Lunadora
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kiwi wrote:@Lunadora did you see this somewhere :?:
Yes, it was on one of the various threads about wild animals. Sorry if I'm not patient enough to look for it now, but I'm sure it said that you can only get one item from one animal per season. So, as I said, if you got the duck gift this month, you won't get another. You may get a gift from every other animal you befriended, but not from the ducks.