Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny Skill List

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny Skill List
Here is a list of all 55 skills in Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.
It includes how to increase them and what bouses you get for increasing them.
Keep in mind, many of the bonuses for a skill will take a few levels before you get them.
Legal
This list is written by me(Osuchin) and Muugen/Xuugen, via gameplay, in-game testing, and translation of the Japanese wiki, for info on the bonuses. Along with help and info from the contributors. If you wish to use this list or part of it in another forum or thread, give credit to me, Muugen/Xuugen, and all the others who made this list possible.
Contributors
MoonWhing, SilverFire, and Nate McCloud - Thanks for type-o corrections.
Muugen/Xuugen - Huge thanks for some corrections with Golem Stamina, Golem Navigation, Spouse Affection, Death Resistance, help fine tuning some of the requirements, and the level intervals for the bonuses.
Skills
Dual Blades
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Dual Blades. Defeating a monster with the weapon offers a larger increase. Continuing to attack after it is at 0 HP offers less of a skill boost than normal. Or make the "I wish I could use weapons better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Dual Blades Damage on (hit), LVL/7: Strength+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Longsword
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Longswords. Defeating a monster with the weapon offers a larger increase. Continuing to attack after it is at 0 HP offers less of a skill boost than normal. Or make the "I wish I could use weapons better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Longsword Damage on (hit), LVL/4: Strength+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Spear
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Spears. Defeating a monster with the weapon offers a larger increase. Continuing to attack after it is at 0 HP offers less of a skill boost than normal. Or make the "I wish I could use weapons better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Spear Damage on (hit), LVL/5: Strength+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Axe/Hammer
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Axes or Hammers. Defeating a monster with the weapon offers a larger increase. Continuing to attack after it is at 0 HP offers less of a skill boost than normal. Or make the "I wish I could use weapons better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Axe/Hammer Damage on (hit), LVL/4: Strength+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Staff/Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Staffs and Magic. Defeating a monster with the weapon offers a larger increase. Continuing to attack after it is at 0 HP offers less of a skill boost than normal. Or make the "I wish I could use weapons better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Staff/Magic Damage on (hit), LVL/5: Intelligence+1, LVL/5: Max RP+1

Katana
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Katana. Defeating a monster with the weapon offers a larger increase. Continuing to attack after it is at 0 HP offers less of a skill boost than normal. Or make the "I wish I could use weapons better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Katana Damage on (hit), LVL/7: Strength+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Fire Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Fire elemental magic, or make the "I wish I could use magic better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/4: Fire Attack/Fire Defense+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Water Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Water elemental magic, or make the "I wish I could use magic better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/4: Water Attack/Water Defense+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Earth Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Earth elemental magic, or make the "I wish I could use magic better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/4: Earth Attack/Earth Defense+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Wind Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Wind elemental magic, or make the "I wish I could use magic better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/4: Wind Attack/Wind Defense+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Light Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Light elemental magic, or make the "I wish I could use magic better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/4: Light Attack/Light Defense+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Dark Magic
How to Increase: Damage an enemy with Dark elemental magic, or make the "I wish I could use magic better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/4: Dark Attack/Dark Defense+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Jumping
How to Increase: Jump. A mid air jump will provide less of a skill boost.
Bonus: LVL/4: Stamina+1

Mid-Air Attack
How to Increase: Damage an enemy while you are in the air.
Bonus: LVL/10: Strength+1

Escape
How to Increase: Use the dodge/"slide" command. This is done by attacking and immediately hitting the jump button.
Bonus: LVL/10: Strength+1

Plant Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Plant type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Plants Type Enemies, LVL/2: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Strong Foe Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Power type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Tough Foe Type Enemies, LVL/10: Strength+1

Animal Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Animal type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Animal Type Enemies, LVL/10: Stamina+1

Magician Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Magic type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Magician Type Enemies, LVL/10: Intelligence+1

Fiend Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Demon type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Fiend Type Enemies, LVL/2: Max HP+1

Insect Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Insect type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Insect Type Enemies, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Slime Fighting
How to Increase: Damage Slime type monsters.
Bonus: LVL/1: +5 Damage on (hit) vs. Slime Type Enemies, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Spirit Magic
How to Increase: Plant a sprout or rock with a Spirit Wand.
Bonus: LVL/2: Max HP+1, LVL/4: Max RP+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1

Fishing
How to Increase: Successfully catch fish. The larger the fish the bigger the boost.
Bonus: LVL/2: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Intelligence+1, LVL/10: Strength+1

Cooking
How to Increase: Make something at a kitchen. Fails also increases it but not as much. Or make the "I wish to be a handier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/2: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1, Recipe Dependent: Reduces Difficulty of Cooking Recipes

Carpentry
How to Increase: Make something at a Carpentry Station. Fails also increases it but not as much. Or make the "I wish to be a handier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: Recipe Dependent: Reduces Difficulty of Carpentry Recipes

Blacksmith
How to Increase: Make something at a Forge. Fails also increases it but not as much. Or make the "I wish to be a handier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Fire attack+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1, LVL/10: Strength+1, Recipe Dependent: Reduces Difficulty of Forging Recipes

Mixing
How to Increase: Make something at a Pharmacy. Fails also increases it but not as much. Or make the "I wish to be a handier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Stamina+1, LVL/10: Intelligence+1, Recipe Dependent: Reduces Difficulty of Pharmancy Recipes

Crafting
How to Increase: Make soemthing at a Workshop. Fails also increases it but not as much. Or make the "I wish to be a handier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Intelligence+1, Recipe Dependent: Reduces Difficulty of Workshop Recipes, (May Also raise HP)

Walking
How to Increase: Walking or running.
Bonus: LVL/2: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1

Sleeping
How to Increase: Sleeping in a bed, or make the "I wish to sleep better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Strength+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1

Eating
How to Increase: Eating food. All food provides the same boost.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/4: Max RP+1, LVL/10: Strength+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1, LVL/10: Intelligence+1, LVL/1: Resistance to All Status Afflictions+0.1%

Endurance
How to Increase: Get hit by attacks. Damage incurred does not affect the skill boost.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1

Poison Resist
How to Increase: Get the Poisoned status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Poison(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Seal Resist
How to Increase: Get the Sealed status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Seal(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Paralyze Resist
How to Increase: Get the Paralized status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Paralysis(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Sleep Resist
How to Increase: Get the Sleep status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Sleep(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Fatigue Resist
How to Increase: Get the Fatigue status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Fatigue(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Cold Resistance
How to Increase: Get the Cold status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Cold(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Death Resistance
How to Increase: Get the Stun status, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Max RP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, Resistance to Stun(Increases in incrementing intervals)

Survival
How to Increase: HP falls to 0, or make the "I wish to be healthier" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Max RP+1

Monster Care
How to Increase: Brush and harvest from monsters. Brushing tamed monsters gives a larger bonus then wild ones. Or make the "I wish to be friends with monsters" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Stamina+1, LVL/10: Intelligence+1

Friendly Neighbor
How to Increase: Talk to people. This can be increased only 1 time a day for each person. Or make the "I wish I was a better conversationalist" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Intelligence+1

Adventurer
How to Increase: Complete requests.
Bonus: LVL/10: Stamina+1

Greeting
How to Increase: Talk to people. This can be increased 3 times a day per person. Or make the "I wish I was a better conversationalist" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Once each in the mornig, afternoon, and evening.

Bathing
How to Increase: Take a bath, or make the "I wish I was a better conversationalist" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Intelligence+1

Haggling
How to Increase: Raise or drop the sale price through haggling. Raising the sale price gives more of a skill boost.
Bonus: LVL/10: Intelligence+1

Spouse Affection
How to Increase: Interacting with your spouse. As well as participating in romantic and marriage events.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/20: Strength+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1, LVL/20: Intelligence+1

Festival Winner
How to Increase: Win festivals.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1

Golem Navigation
How to Increase: Have Ymir walk, run, or use auto travel with the sea chart, or make the "I wish to control the giant better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/2: Max HP+1, LVL/20: Stamina+1
Ymir Overall Bonus: HP+20%, RP+15%, Defense+10%

Golem Stamina
How to Increase: Ymir's HP falls to 0 from an attack by a giant monster, or make the "I wish to control the giant better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1
Ymir Overall Bonus: HP+50%, RP+15%, Attack+10%, Defense+20%

Golem Combat
How to Increase: Damage an giant monsters through slams, punches, or rock throws. Or make the "I wish to control the giant better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/1: Max HP+1, LVL/10: Strength+1
Ymir Overall Bonus: HP+10%, RP+5%, Attack+30%, Defense+5%

Raising Islands
How to Increase: Lift islands and rocks(not just those sticking out of the water) from the sea, or make the "I wish to control the giant better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Ymir Overall Bonus: HP+10%, RP+5%, Defense+5%

Golem Wrestling
How to Increase: Charge an enemy and get blocked. Winning the resulting deadlock is not required for the skill boost. Or make the "I wish to control the giant better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Strength+1, LVL/10: Stamina+1
Ymir Overall Bonus: HP+5%, RP+5%, Attack+5%, Defense+5%

Golem Throw
How to Increase: Charge enemies and throw them, or make the "I wish to control the giant better" wish during the Lantern Festival.
Bonus: LVL/10: Stamina+1
Ymir Overall Bonus: HP+5%, RP+5%, Attack+5%, Defense+5%
Last edited by Osuchin on Nov 03, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

thanks osu! =D *reads*
Defender1
Banned: Ignored Warnings

Post  Posted:

well at least i was right about one of them and that should come in handy :lol:
officekid
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Very helpful! Thanks!
MoonWhing
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

This will come in handy. Thanks Osu. :D

Is "Monster Cane" suppose to be "Monster Care"?
dyll
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

that are a lot of skills
Xuugen
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

You got Golem Stamina slightly wrong
It's
"HP falls to 0 by suffering a blow from a giant sea monster"
Just HP going to 0 by walking or raising rocks is not gonna work

Love is "Spouse Affection" ingame
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for pointing those out. When I wrote this up I was pretty tired. So I guess I made a few mistakes. But I wasn't aware that Golem Stamina only went up if you were defeated in a giant monster battle. I went back and started a new game to check, and your right my skill didn't budge an inch unless the collapse occurred while in a battle.
blj141414
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

How did you find out about every single skill.
Muugen
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Golem Navigation is also slightly off
It increases by walking / running with Ymir, not only by auto-move
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Really? Because when I played I never saw it budge when I moved normally. Though I did spend a great deal of time auto travelling. But I started a new game when I was testing this and only auto travel unlocked the skill.

Hm, I guess I will need to test this again when I get home.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So the only way to level Golem Stamina is to let myself get hit? <.<
SilverFire
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Osu, you've made a mistake with Katana. it says;
Katana
How to Increase: Attack an enemy with Dual Blades.
Bonus: Katana Damage, RP, and Strength.
:D pretty colors <3
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Silver. When I was writing up the weapons they all had the same method of increasing them so I just copy and pasted Dual Blades a few times and I guess I missed changing that.
SilverFire
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

:3 i do that sometimes too ^^;