Oh my (Tea Tree Seeds)

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Pretty_Chicken
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So, I have some 5 star tea trees over on Bluebell, and was going to make some 5 star seeds so I can remove the fertilizer and plant some more. So I got 12 of each tea leaf to put in the maker.

And it's going to take over 2300 hours, which is roughly about 94 days ._.

Just warning you guys, if you want to make 5 star tea tree seeds, wait until you're not planning on using the seed maker for a while
a oasser by
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

that is a useful tip. Thanks.

I have just got my seed maker in summer year 3 (yay! Even though I have to wait until spring to plant my rice :( and I"m s excited than I dont know what to do with it now. lol. I had a nice mandrin that I received as a reward and I converted into 4,5 star seeds already- it took a week. I have two bags so I will likely plenty one when I get the opportunity and sell the other one since I don't have the space for more than one tree. I also have some 25 5-star cherries but I am debating on whether to convert them or not.

Any other tips for a beginning seed maker user?
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Most things you put in the makers and pickling pot do take a very long time especially when put in bulk. I try putting one item at a go until I have put the maximum that I can put in the makers/pots.
Ru-Ne Ni-Chaan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The same thing happen with my apple too xD
I put 20 apples with 5 stars rank into the maker, and I must wait until amonth.
passer by
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

by the way, do ingedient leaves need to ALL be 5 star? For instance i have two 4,5 star leaves (spring and summer) and one 5-star (fall leaves)- will that still produce 5-star leaves?
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

passer by wrote:by the way, do ingedient leaves need to ALL be 5 star? For instance i have two 4,5 star leaves (spring and summer) and one 5-star (fall leaves)- will that still produce 5-star leaves?
The resulting product will be the same star level as what you put in the makers. So, if you put 4.5 star leaves you will get a 4.5 star product while the 5 star leaves will give you 5 star products. You will not be able to put the 5 star and 4.5 star leaves into the maker together as "bulk" because they will be in separate slots in your rucksack.

EDIT by LillyKay: Had forgotten about the need for 3 different leaves to make seeds. It will average out.
Last edited by LillyKay on Feb 17, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
passer by
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh, right. I haven't considered that different star ranks come into different slots, so I guess that means my tea leaves production will have to wait until next spring anyway as my spring leaves are around 4 stars, my summer tea leaves are 4 and 4,5 (I planted four all together and keep fertilising them) and fall leaves are also 4,5.

ok, thanks a lot!
Goldmare
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Actually, you have to use all three kinds of tea leaves in order to produce tea tree seeds, one of each.

I don't know how the star ranks average out, though. Most likely the star points are averaged and the corresponding star rank is applied to the seeds, but I'm really not sure.

Of course, when making actual teas, I'm pretty sure only one kind of leaf is generally needed, so the star rank carries over directly. But then if there are other ingredients (like fruits), their star rank will naturally be taken into account as well.
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh ya, my bad. Was thinking of other crops.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Goldmare wrote:
Most likely the star points are averaged and the corresponding star rank is applied to the seeds, but I'm really not sure.

Ok- thank you.
Welximak
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I did this recently too, I wanted to make a fence of 5 star tea tree bushes around my konohana farm for appearance. And when I looked at the time I was like "Why don't I just fertilize them instead? It'll be 10x quicker." And it was... lol
And once the seeds were ready I just planted them where the fertilizer's used to be :I
A Passer By
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

With regards to seed maker...

Can you only put one type of crop at a time? Can't you.say, put one crop that will finish seeding earlier, another one which will finigh later? Does the seed maker have only 1 crop -per -turn capacity?
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can have up to... I think 6 'jobs' in the maker at a time, and each 'job' can be a single item, or a stack of up to 10 items. A stack multiplies the time it takes that job to finish, so doing single items in parallel (6 identical single jobs instead of 1 job with a stack of 6 items) is far faster. Hopefully that sorta makes sense; I'm bad at explaining sometimes. ^_^'
A Passer By
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I see makes sense. I just put in a stack of 2 bananas and that will take 287 hours but I figures that I am wating for winter crops anyway and it will be over a week before I can turn them back into seeds, but that means I could put some more week lasting stuff now in order not to waste time later.

Thanks a lot, BlueTrillium. :lala:
Chaltier
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I kinda reserve two slots for my crop seeds (namely yams) so I'm normally processing 20 + 20 yams and the rest I dedicate to my tree seeds. Although with the yams netting in profit... sometimes I wonder why I bother with the other crops. Oh well.