How long did it take you..

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
amyellielay
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

How long did it take you to complete the bazaar? Also, how long did it take you to get married?
I recently picked this game back up after getting a bit tired of ANB, so how much gameplay am i looking at?
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

amyellielay wrote:How long did it take you to complete the bazaar? Also, how long did it take you to get married?
I recently picked this game back up after getting a bit tired of ANB, so how much gameplay am i looking at?
I played for about 3 in game years before I married Lloyd and then only stuck around and sped through to see the baby born. I don't think I picked it up again after that except to play as a boy and try to woo the girls. Around that time another HM game came out and I distracted myself with it so I never finished my second file. I know a lot of people played it for much longer though so it just depends.
Lily Sakana
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

This game gets real boring real quick, and the fact that there's no shipping bin is kinda annoying. There's a limited amount of space and it's really annoying. It's a small town so you have nothing else to do but jump into the river for a fraction of the day. And there are no rival marraiges (although I know that there are rival events it still doesn't do it for me).
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

amyellielay wrote:How long did it take you to complete the bazaar? Also, how long did it take you to get married?
Marriage - 2-3 years
Bazaar - Since everything's unlocked by 75% I'm going to say 3 years.
It progresses really slowly compared to ANB.
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I got married in the first spring on both of my files. The bazaar took me fiiiive years to complete on my first file, but I really took my time on there, ahaha. It only took me three years on my second file.
Ru-Ne Ni-Chaan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I complete the bazaar....... 3 Years in game.
And, late getting marriage in this game I already forgot when I marriage xD
Chaltier
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Well, it sort of depends who you're courting (because some gifts are harder to get by than others) but since you can't get married before the Spring of your second year (that is you get the blue feather either on Spring 1 or 2 Year 2) so normally it takes a year to get married.

As for the bazaar, since it's directly related to profit; you unlock the windmills in your first year. The real expensive items are hard to make but they net good profit (like jewelry, BUT it's takes a HUGE time to make them and an even huger investment so yeah...) plus as the bazaar gets bigger, the more people show up and hence the easier it is to sell your stock. Crops net in real nice money but the freshness system sucks :evil:

Anyhow keep at it and you might get done super fast. Or if you're lazy like me then :)
Best of lucks :lala:
Vamantha
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I still haven't completed the bazaar. Once I got to 75% I was went into super slacker mode. I'm in year 6 and I believe I decided to get married in year 4. This game can get very boring, but it's easy to pick up again.
Aruku
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I haven't yet completed the bazaar and I don't think I will do it any time soon, I just can't, I think the bazaar mode is just too complicated and boring in comparision, in my opinion.
I married Sherry at the very start of year 2, it didn't took long, she's easy to please and really adorable.
imnotabanana

Post  Posted:

I stopped at Year 2.
But I already married Ivan.
I haven't got the time to continue the game ;.;
Sakura-chan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

For some reason I've always really loved this game (I think I just like micromanaging EVERYTHING Lol)
so I play it often. It took me just under five in-game years to get the bazaar to 100%, and I got married Fall 26 in the second year. (I married Angelo, so it was easy- one egg everyday)
Contributor
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I got married on Winter 30, Year 2. I got to 75% a little earlier than that. I got my child at Winter 5, Year 3. I should have a full grown child by Winter 17, Year 5.
PryceHG
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I started my game again. I'm on day 21 of summer, I have a cow and 2 chickens.

My storage is at 25%. Already have unlocked two of the mills and the first thing that I did was improve my fishing rod.

The first time I play a year or maybe more to get married ... and I could not finish the bazaar.