"The best ladies/men are never wooable." Do you agree?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).

What do you think?

You may select 1 option

View results

Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
cupcakeninja63 wrote:
runefactor wrote:I didn't know wanting to marry Minerva made me a pedo.
Haven't met her in the game yet. I don't know how old she actually is. Plus it depends on how old you are, too.
Um, no. Having a personal preference for young looking guys/girls in a fictional form like a video game does NOT equal pedophilia or make someone a "pedo". Don't make huge assumptions like that.. that's absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. If people start this « Puppy Doodoo » up again I'm going to start reporting posts.
let's not open this can of worms. Those who like younger looking characters in video games are not molesting children in real life, or in the game since they are usually similar in age. People who do not enjoy wooing younger looking characters are just as entitled to not like them as are those who do like them. cupcake might have come off a little too strong, but I doubt that he/she meant for anyone to take it so seriously. I'm assuming cupcake was just stating a personal opinion, and did not mean to insult anyone.

I'm thinking that us female players/guys who are interested in wooing male characters are pretty lucky when it comes to getting a good age range in potential bachelors. If we so prefer, we can get young looking ones like kiel, or we can get some more mature looking men like (my favorite) Leon. So I feel bad for those interested in female characters who usually get all young'uns.
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A larger number of girls are on the more baby-faced side, huh? But I think 2/3 at least look older that Kiel does, so while there aren't any super mature faces, it's not 100% fountain of youth.

Actually, I entirely forgot about Minerva. I was pretty set on my RFF girls by the time I found out she was a thing, but she did seem like she had really good candidate potential.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@ Fish -
When did I ever say she wasn't entitled to her opinion? She can think whatever she wants to think, but when you start throwing the word "pedo" around here on the forums, that's when it crosses the line. Even if it wasn't meant to be hurtful.. it is. Need to be considerate of both sides of the spectrum.

Cupcake, don't use those types of words in the future, please. You can think and have whatever opinion you'd like.. but for people that enjoy younger looking characters, that's a horrific sort of label/name to place upon someone. Even if you didn't mean it to be offensive, it really is.

Anyways, Xiao Pai and Amber are the only ones I think that look particularly young on the bachelorette side. I think Meg/Forte look the oldest.. but yeah, none as old as Leon looks. Those who enjoy the bachelors are a bit lucky that way.
Samurott
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

*comes out of the darkness*

That's what fanfiction is for.

*hides*
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:She can think whatever she wants to think, but when you start throwing the word "pedo" around here on the forums, that's when it crosses the line. Even if it wasn't meant to be hurtful.. it is. Need to be considerate of both sides of the spectrum.
Welcome to the internet

Evelyn as a bachelorette in the next game please!
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cupcakeninja63 wrote:
Googaboga wrote:Minerva is a full grown adult. No matter how old you are wanting to marry her does not make you a pedophile. Pedophilia only applies to adults who want minors. But since Minerva is a grown up Rune's age does not matter since either way she is not a minor.

Of course I understand that you do not know this character very well and I am not trying to make you feel bad for not knowing this. I'm just explaining it so you can know now.
Like I said. I didn't know how old she is. She looks like a teenager. I haven't met her in game yet. Sue me.
Minerva actually looks older then at least more then half of the marriagable brides in the game. Even if she was a teen, I'm pretty sure some of the other girls are technically teens (which is probably still at/over the age of marriage, considering things may be different in the fantasy/RF world).

Even if she was underage, she's nowhere near like Marco or Candy. She's like a teenager, and that's not pedophilia. Even then, don't call people who like Marco/Candy pedophiles. That's a pretty big label to throw around over a game of pixel people. Fantasy =/= reality.

I was really pissed when I heard they decided not to bring her back in RF4 as a marriage candidate. I adored her in RFF. <33
Hysuka
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Post  Posted:

:? Not the reaction I thought I would get about Minerva.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My answer to this topic's question is no. I think they are doing a good job in this game so far except for the fact that there were only 3 bachelors in ToD as opposed to the 10 bachelorettes.
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The best men are never wooable. I'll support this, because literally all the men in RF1, RFF, RF2, and RF3 weren't wooable. >_>

I have no quips about the ladies, though. I think we get a fine amount of variety. And the guys in RF4 look like a good bunch, too. A lot of people just seem to want to marry single parents, which makes sense to me. A single parent looking for another chance at love doesn't sound like such a bad idea once in a while. The only problem would be making the MC look old enough to be able to court such a character, while still looking young enough to be able to court the younger bachelor/ettes.
Docga
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Also remember, marriage age for females in Japan is 16. Just putting that out there.
milkpearl
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Although it would never happen, I sincerely wish a later Rune Factory game would include Gaius / Carlos as marriageable candidates. Carlos....I mean come on .... ?