Tip

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

So I started playing this game again with a New File. I feel like I'm starting off to slow.
How do i get gold faster?
I understand that you can plant crops and ship items but is there another way to get gold besides these two? (Oh yeah and animals) :)
Samurott
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You can earn money but grabbing the seaweed on the rock everyday. That helps :)
LanceTheTurtle
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Eh, just starting you can't do much. I found fishing revenue helpful.
But you basically have to forage for your food, and do your best to make decent crops.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just started playing too fishing dose help a lot so good luck
Fantasy Dweller
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I still rely on fishing for most of my income, since the crop system annoys me sometimes. Plus, you have to fish to unlock Denny and Lanna anyway.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

First winter. Armed with a medium sized pile of food (mostly grilled mushroom and purple herbs), attempted getting to the bottom of the mine. Basic goddess pendant and no Wonderfuls on tools. Fell down most of it and a lot of save/reload to get the downstairs to appear with 1 hoe-whack. Need a lot of patience to do it this way.

Was on 254 with 1 pudding left. Didn't have enough stamina to bonk all the rocks from 250-254, though I stopped at all the important floors. Orange wonderful from the goddess, 4 alexandrites, 2 pink diamonds + other junk and the ones I need to hoard to make things. Was down to 400g and when all that shipped, 160,000g. Was a good haul.

With the orange wonderful, should get twice as much stuff next time!! When I save up enough food, that is.

So yeah, forage and sell flowers, rocks. Save herbs. Get chicken coop and barn asap. Fish fish fish (pirate treasures helped in summer but zero fossils this year). First year farming is the pits until you get better tools (wonderfuls) so do your best to win the festival and get some things to learn recipes.

Start slow and steady. You know every HM game gets easier and easier to make gold to where you have millions with nothing to buy. Enjoy the beginning!
YukiSohmaLuv
Banned: Rom Support Request

Post  Posted:

Fishing and crops. Don't rely on animal products too much.
CookiesNCream
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I usually forage and sell grasses and flowers
Hebiaczek
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Honestly speaking... it's far better to KEEP all of the coloured grass and use it to refil stamina and plant as many turnips as you can. Also get the fishing rod as soon as possible - but in Spring fish only during rainy days when you don't water the crops (saving energy). Sell all the flowers and seaweeds.
If you keep it tight you are able to get the bridge to the meadow and get the crop festival (get the orange wonderful) :)

Your next buy should be the barn so you can raise cows as soon as possible but DON'T sell any milk! Keep all of it. You'll need loads for Chocolate Milk.

When Summer comes switch tactics - plant only a few crops (I did 3 Corns + 2 Tomatoes) and fish as much as you can in the Ocean (praying for the treasure and big fish).

When your milk count gets near ~120 bottles try to buy the bridge to the forest (before that it would be great if you already had chickens as well). I usually try to take around 150 Chocolate Milks with me but from what I've seen 100 is more than enough. Remember to stop on every important floor (125, 150, 250-254 and get ALL of the goods from there).

Following this instruction I managed to get my Greenhouse on 24 Summer 1 Year :D

Good luck to you all!