First Gardening Tour…Please Help!

Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]. JP release = Feb 2012. NA release = Oct 2012. EU release = Sept 2013
Kiyue
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hello!

I'm so sorry to be a bother, but if anyone remembers what they did for their first Gardening Tour, or maybe even just some general tips…might you consider sharing them?

This will be my first Gardening Tour - I needed to do one for Town Renovation Plan 4 - and I'm currently in Year 2, with I suppose a fair but not exceptional number of blueprints.

Sorry about that; I'm kind of slow in this game. But I'm fine with that.

If anyone happens to know anything that should be known about the Gardening Tours and how to get a fair number of points in them (I read the Fogu page on them, but I still find them rather confusing…), or any sets or combinations…

Again, I'm sorry to be such a bother. I'd appreciate any help from other players…

Thank you!
Nostalgia is cheap
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

ive never had a garden tour myself but i know if you use matching things like brick stuff or stone stuff your points will go up
Tewi
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

There are a couple really good topics around, one of which is in the sticky. I do remember reading somewhere that filling the entire gardening space with either weather vanes or hay bales will get you a good score, though!

I've done weather vanes myself (10-15 of them work well enough, though you get more points/gold if you use more) and can confirm it works.
Last edited by Tewi on Aug 17, 2013 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anketam
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

36 weather vanes will net you over a 1,000 garden points and serves as a good way to reset between actual sets you like running. As long you get money you will gain FP even if they vent about how bad it looks.
bunnymilk
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Me and sis figured out an easy recipe for 1000p, the harder part is the totem pole blueprint but most of us will have that from hunting down in the ruins.

-10 totem pole
-10 wooden pillar
-1 stone pillar
-1 wooden bench
-1 stone bench
-1 wooden fence
-1 stone fence
-1 hay bale
-1 scarecrow
-4 weather vanes

If you don't feel like filling it with weather vanes, or don't have enough iron and Rebecca is closed, try this one~
FunIntended
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I actually did really well on my first gardening tour, and i was really surprised because i didn't try at all. I wish i could remember exactly what i had in there >.< but basically, i picked up all the boxes and barrels that are already in the town when you start and put quite a few of those in there.. i also put like 4 lattice fences, a bunch of wooden fences, a wooden arch, some wooden pillars, and possibly a wooden bench.. certainly nothing fancy, i just tried to fill it up with whatever i had lying around. Everyone who came to see it gave me positive comments ^.^ and i had way more judges on my second gardening tour (which i did not do as well on >.<)
Kiyue
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Thank you all so much for your advice!

My first Gardening Tour happened a few days ago, and it was, surprisingly, not an absolute fail. :?

Herpderp.

I put together a couple of sets and something I think was a theme, actually. And the judges got funny music notes around their heads, so that's plenty good enough for me.

Random question, if anyone happens to see this though - do you just sell whatever was on your Gardening Space after the Tour?
Angelic
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Kiyue wrote: Random question, if anyone happens to see this though - do you just sell whatever was on your Gardening Space after the Tour?
Yes, if you score over 1000 you'll be asked if you want to sell your entire garden there in the space (for more than the items are usually worth, too). You can't just sell parts of it.