How many guys actually play harvest moon?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
puddlebuddi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cuz guys would probably be too focused on battling games to take care of a cow and (cooties!) get married and have kids. Just wondering.

BUT IF YOU ARE A MALE AND HAVE PLAYED HARVEST MOON, GOTTEN MARRIED AND ACTUALLY HAD KIDS, SHOUT IT OUT, K? :!:

I was just wondering cuz the older games were guy only and thats strange cuz girls mainly play these games...
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This question is better suited for the All Other HM section since it's not about one specific HM game.
http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewforum.php?f=8

To answer your question though; I am a lady myself but the person who originally got me hooked on the series was a male. So there's that.

And the thing is HM was started many years ago and in Japan. Back then not many people cared all that much about targeting a female demographic specifically. Games tended to be made with males in mind or just made in the way the makers wanted it to be without thinking which gender would play the game more. And in Japan games with romance elements are much more welcomed. The gaming world over there doesn't see it as odd (for the most part) which is simply different than how the western gaming world (at large) views games like that. Also I would believe that more females play HM than males but I don't think there is only a tiny amount of guys who play. I think they most guys just aren't as vocal about it.
samurai goroh
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Moved the topic to a more appropriated section...

As for the question, I'm male & have played several HM games...
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm a male, and I have played almost every Harvest Moon game.
Bango
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

im a male and have played almost every harvest moon out there, but i have to say rune factory atracts me too, that being said, rf4 :heart: :heart:
Popuri Adorer12
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I'm male and have played lots of HM games! :)
Satoshi-kun
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm male and this series is actually one of my favorites.
Lady Aurora
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm a female but my friend is male and loves Harvest Moon.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm a guy and I love Harvest Moon. I tend to get bored before having children but I always get married. Nowadays I prefer Rune Factory though.
shan
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm a female and I don't know any guys that plays HM games

Question for boy's

What gender do you guys play as most of the time female or male?

Shan o 123.
soulharvester13
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I'm a male and play harvest moon. I play as a girl so I can marry men though since that is the gender I am attracted to. I usually do another run through as a boy because the female characters are often more interesting to me.
Hikari Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I'm not a girl and I play HM. I usually play as a girl because I prefer the dudes, though. :')
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Male here.

Been playing since FoMT, though I missed a few of the ones between that and HM:ANB. For a while there the games were doing everything to take the fun out of themselves with all the micro managing needed to get crops and relationships going. HM:ANB was much more enjoyable, though I wish there was a way to find more time to do things other than work the farm and tend to the animals. Seriously if the game would just let us hire help, or get wife/child to help (like RF lets you use trained monsters), it would give you so much more time to do the fun things in the game. Fix this and the game would be about perfect.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

shan wrote:What gender do you guys play as most of the time female or male?
I always play as a male character in HM games.
I will play as a female character in a game, if gender selection isn't an option.
But when you can choose your characters gender, I choose male.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm male and play as both male and female MC. I want to fully enjoy all the possibilities that a game can offer, and in HM, you have to play as both genders to experience all possible events.