RF4 Marriage and Confession Guide - Read OP before posting

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Do you have to be lovers with someone to take them to romantic festivals or you cam go just as friends (firefly festival's romantic, right?)? It's tomorrow in game and if I annot take friends, I think I'll confess to Dylas and Arthur to see the events with them since I just got them to 7LP (without saving).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've got a question about hareming with Frey. I would really like to date all the guys and see all of their events before I actually marry someone. I’m worried that if I date them all though, one of them might wind up proposing too soon. I know I can reject the proposal, but after seeing everything, I don’t think I’d have the heart to crush them like that. :( So I’m wondering if there is any way to avoid the proposal. Like, will they ask to meet somewhere and I can just avoid meeting them?
Beedlebud
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:Do you have to be lovers with someone to take them to romantic festivals or you cam go just as friends (firefly festival's romantic, right?)? It's tomorrow in game and if I annot take friends, I think I'll confess to Dylas and Arthur to see the events with them since I just got them to 7LP (without saving).
I'm pretty sure you have to be lovers. I couldn't get anyone to go with me as a friend.
Mecha-Lollipop

Post  Posted:

If you reject a proposal can you propose to them later?
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:If you reject a proposal can you propose to them later?
Yup!
Anonymous Fish wrote:I've got a question about hareming with Frey. I would really like to date all the guys and see all of their events before I actually marry someone. I’m worried that if I date them all though, one of them might wind up proposing too soon. I know I can reject the proposal, but after seeing everything, I don’t think I’d have the heart to crush them like that. :( So I’m wondering if there is any way to avoid the proposal. Like, will they ask to meet somewhere and I can just avoid meeting them?
Yeah, that's kind of an issue with hareming... Unfortunately, the subevents are random and there's no easy way to avoid it. You could try reloading if you think you've activated it, or just not go through with all of it (unfortunately, you won't be able to activate any other subs if you do).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I've got a question about hareming with Frey. I would really like to date all the guys and see all of their events before I actually marry someone. I’m worried that if I date them all though, one of them might wind up proposing too soon. I know I can reject the proposal, but after seeing everything, I don’t think I’d have the heart to crush them like that. :( So I’m wondering if there is any way to avoid the proposal. Like, will they ask to meet somewhere and I can just avoid meeting them?
Yeah, that's kind of an issue with hareming... Unfortunately, the subevents are random and there's no easy way to avoid it. You could try reloading if you think you've activated it, or just not go through with all of it (unfortunately, you won't be able to activate any other subs if you do).
Darn, I guess I'll just have to be careful with the events. Thank you for the answer :)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow, this thread exploded while I was sleeping/at school! Going to try and answer these the best I can (gonna start on the marriage guide here in a few minutes, so it should be up in few hours) Also, thanks for those helping answer questions! Helps me out immensely~
--- wrote:Wow, so many questions from people..Sorry about this.
Where do you take your boyfriend/girlfriend on dates? And if they ask you to go somewhere, is there a specific place your supposed to go?
The places you can go on dates are: Your room (lol), general store, observatory, Porcoline's restaurant, airship, florist shop, the lake, and the blacksmith shop. You can choose the place (when you first start out only a few places will be available to go.. keep going on dates and more places will open up) or let them choose. :D
Anonymous Fish wrote:I was wanting to marry Leon, How do you trigger his marriage events, it would be really great if you could tell me how. and thanks for always being so helpful Rope!!! :lala:
I'll be writing the guide here in a bit, sorry it too awhile to get back to you on this! Unfortunately it's completely random, because it's a sub-event. D:
Anonymous Fish wrote:For the reset trick, is their response decided on the beginning of the day, or at the moment you ask them? I've tried it both ways, reset about 5 times a day, been trying for almost 20 days and they're still rejecting me :(
Yeah, it's incredibly hard sometimes to get them to trigger D: What I suggest, if you really can't get them to accept, just raise their heart to the next level. I know it sucks, but it seems to work best. Also, I find that they (for me, I'm not sure this is true overall so I didn't include it in the guide) they accept more often RIGHT when you hit the next level. So I'll have a sliver until the next level up, I'll save, then talk/gift them up and sometimes it works. I've had it fail a few times though :/ So I've reset and it's seemed to do the trick more often than not. I hope this helps!
Anonymous Fish wrote:I am having a terrible time triggering Dolce's marriage sub event. Finished part 2, I have the large bed, her love points are past 10, and i have the engagement ring. Only thing i can think of is that i got the engagement ring recipe before getting the request from eliza and it still hasn't shown up on her list.

So i assume i have missed a required event somewhere? Or maybe my luck is just awful, so if anybody has trigger the marriage sub event i would love to know how.
This is where this system reaaaally sucks.. you probably haven't activated the prerequisite sub-event/s that you need to see before the actual marriage sub-event triggers. So yeah, unfortunately since it's COMPLETELY random, you'll have to just have to keep activate sub's until you happen to get the right one/s. Everything else sounds like you did it right, so this should be the last thing you have to deal with.

Worst part, is that it's kind of a guessing game on which events are needed :/ They don't tell you which ones you need.. so you just have to keep trying. I'm sorry D:

Okay, I hope that helps answer most of the questions for the time being! :D
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is there ANY other way to get them to accept your love? Dylas is at nine and a half and his response is still "Don't make a joke like that!". Is there a certain place in the plot line you need to be before they accept?
Or is Dylas just being really mean to me? T.T
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You're just gonna have to keep trying, Fishie. Kiel rejected me until I was at 10LP with him. :/ It sucks, I know. They're more likely to accept right after you bump them up a heart.
Lalazy Fish
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sooo
If Dylas be all up in mah face like "Hey, frey? Wanna go somewhere together?"
And he just got to 8 LP
Will he now accept my confession
Ooorrrrrrrr
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's completely random if he will or not. Characters will randomly invite you to party up with them once their heart levels get raised, but unfortunately it means nothing in terms of relationships.

Finished the OP.. took me a long time, so I really hope it helps people! Please read it before asking questions though, as I put a lot of hours into it D:
Lalalazy Fish
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Lol!
Sooo I finally gave the resetting thin a go?
Cuz Pony got up to 8LP with a coversation and a carrot (lol of course, carrots are magical) and I confessed and he FINALLY ACCEPTED MY LOVE
It IS possible! Lol!
X'D /laughingsohardi'mcrying
/cryingsohardi'mlaughing
:33 So if he asks you if you would like to go on an adventure with him.....it is a good sign that your love will be accepted :D
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hahaha, glad he finally accepted! I typically have the most luck when they just reach their next heart level, so I'm happy it worked for you~
burberry
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hey, your thread became a sticky! Did you ask for that?
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope, I didn't. A mod was kind enough to do it randomly :D