New Pokemon!!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Lady Aurora
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:
Lady Aurora wrote:
Sir Stardust wrote:Image
What do they mean when then have the names of places under the types? Does that mean we can only obtain that pattern when we live in that place or trade with that place? Where is the U.S in that list? There is California but no United States?
Several states are mentioned. Virigina, Maine, Ohio, and as you pointed out California.
Unless there is a different one for each state, they are probably US regions, with only one state displayed.
I would imagine the North Eastern US gets Polar Pattern, the Southern US gets Garden, the Mid-West gets Modern, and the Western US gets High Plains.

So looks like I'm getting Polar Pattern in Y.
And thanks to the fact that my JP 3DS thinks I'm in Japan, I'll get either Meadow or Elegant in my JP version of X.
Oh ok. I guess I'm getting Polar then. Which is fine with me because it's one of my favorites. :) I also liked High Plains since I was raised in California. :P
I love Fletchling's evolutions and I'm definitely getting it even though I'm already going to have a fire Pokemon (Fennekin). I love Flabebe and her evolution also enough that I might replace Bulbasaur with her. I'm not sure though because then I'll be sacraficing Venusaur's mega evolution. I also am a fan of Medicham's mega evolution but I can't have it on my team because I have Delphox. And I'm debating whether I want Starmie or Lapras or even a new Pokemon as my water Pokemon. I also need to make room for Gardevoir since I love her mega evolution and she is now a fairy type. Unless I can have Delphox know only fire moves, Fletchling only flying moves, and Medicham only Physic moves... picking a team is so hard.
ivanity
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:
ivanity wrote:wait but the 3ds isnt region locked by state or even region in the US afaik so how would it know which one to give us unless it goes by timezone or the location we put on our 3ds?
I would imagine it's based on the location you put into your 3DS settings.
if that is the case then theoretically you can just change your location to get which one you want? guess we will find out sooner or later
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

OMG the Polar one is so nice :bunny: So happy it's for Canada. Woohoo!
Lady Aurora
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Okay so after over an hour of debating and contemplating with myself, I think I finally got my team figured out:

Delphox - love its witch like theme.
Nickname: Not sure

Gardevoir - Love it's mega form. Looks like a ball gown which I love.
Nickname: hmm maybe Princess or something

Pumkaboo - I was going to go with Meditite, but I already had it in my past teams. I also fell for Pumkaboo's and Gorgeist's cuteness. I also have never had a dark type in my team before.
Nickname: not sure yet. Something adorable

Fletchling -Loved since the beginning. First new Pokemon I saw when the announced Pokemon XY.
Nickname: not sure yet

Staryu - I may have had it in a past team, but I have a great strategy with it that kicks « Mr.Gourmet's hat »!
Nickname: Atlantis

Bulbasaur - Can't resist my favorite starter ever. My love is just to strong for it. It's mega form also is awesome.
Nickname: not sure still thinking about it.

I wanted to have Vivillion, but I'm afraid it might be just like past butterfly like evolutions. You raise it and it evolves really early and love it until it gets to a point where it's stats can't keep up with your progress. I tries to keep Beautifly in Ruby but it kept fainting because it's stats were kinda awful even though it was at the same level as the other Pokemon. If Vivillian has good stats then I will definitely keep it but if it doesn't then... I will probably raise it to it's final form and them store for a possible future use.

I'm going to woop « Mr.Gourmet's hat » with my team. I might make some tweaks here and there as I go along.
Last edited by Lady Aurora on Oct 11, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It took like 4 hours to decide but this is going to be my team:

Pinequill - Chespin-Quilladin-Chesnaught
Type(s): Grass/Fighting
Ability: Overgrow

Ursula - Inkay-Malamar
Type(s): Dark/Psychic
Ability: Contrary

Coronet - Amaura-Aurorus
Type(s): Rock/Ice
Ability: Refrigerate

Drippelle - Goomy-Sliggo-Goodra
Type(s): Dragon
Ability: Sap Sipper

Clérose - Klefki
Type(s) - Steel/Fairy
Ability: Prankster

Dewy - Ducklett-Swanna
Type(s): Water/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye

My seventh member that I'll be switching out with Dewy (whenever Mega evolution stuff is important):

Kingston - Ghastly-Haunter-Gengar
Type(s): Poison/Ghost
Ability: Levitate

My aim was to have as many Kalos Pokemon as possible. I originally was going to use Froakie but that would make me not be able to have Inkay/Malamar on my team and I REALLY love that Pokemon (I have a policy of not having two Pokemon with the same type on one team).
Purple Emperor
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Sir Stardust wrote:Image
Nothing for Australia/Oceania? Awh, bummer. :/
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^ I'm sure Australia/Oceana will have some too, they just share a form with some other country.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I love Vivillion more now. It encourages players to trade with others to get the other forms. I want to collect them all. :)
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ivanity wrote:
Osuchin wrote:
ivanity wrote:wait but the 3ds isnt region locked by state or even region in the US afaik so how would it know which one to give us unless it goes by timezone or the location we put on our 3ds?
if that is the case then theoretically you can just change your location to get which one you want? guess we will find out sooner or later
Maybe, though they could have added a bit of extra code into the cartridges depending on where they were being shipped to.
Samurott
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As a special not about Mega Manetric and Houndoom, each is exclusive to a different version.
However their Mega stones are found in the opposite game than the pokemon they are for.

Also it's possible to catch starter pokemon from past games in the Friend Safari if you have the corresponding type in your friend codes. :D
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:
ivanity wrote:
Osuchin wrote:
Maybe, though they could have added a bit of extra code into the cartridges depending on where they were being shipped to.
Nope, you can't. Somebody in Neoseeker posted this:
It's based on your 3DS country
3DS from Spain + Pokemon X bought in Austria = Marine
You can't change your 3DS region once you started the game

When you get Scatterbug from another region it will evolve into the pattern from that region
3DS from Germany + Scatterbug from Portugal = Marine
3DS from Portugal + Scatterbug from Germany = Continental

When you breed them, either the male or your 3DS region assign the pattern
Male (Continental) + Female (Marine) + 3DS from Germany = Continental
Some people already got their game since in Europe, they released the games one day earlier.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The game leaked in a few countries in EU a few days ago.
Purple Emperor wrote:Nothing for Australia/Oceania? Awh, bummer. :/
Australia gets the River Pattern.

Also it seems the patterns aren't based on region in the US.
The patterns are distributed to various states.
imgur.com/a/0Qt5N wrote: - The patterns were assigned based on climate zones.
- Your country is assigned based on your settings.
- Each country has a pool of possible patterns.
- You only can find one pattern in the wild.
- If you get a Scatterbug from another player, it will evolve into the pattern from that player.
- When you breed Vivillon, your region assigns the pattern regardless its parents.
- Changing your settings doesn't affect the pattern you get once you started playing.
- Changing your settings works if you do it before starting a new save.
So they put in a way to prevent people from just changing the settings to get all of them.
Though if you have two versions you can use one to obtain a pattern and then trade it to the other.
Then switch regions and start a new file in the one you got the pattern in, and do it all over until you have them all.

Also, holy « Puppy Doodoo »! Zygarde is huge in the world view.
It's head alone is bigger than the player.
Spoiler:
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mega Heracross' nose...
Spoiler:
Seriously though, what were they thinking with that and Mega Manectric, good lord.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Mega Heracross' nose...
Spoiler:
It doesn't look as bad from the side.
But it is still ridiculous.