Rune Factory 4 Town Event Guide

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you runefactor and Miku-chan. I really appreciate that you took the time to answer me. Man, if what you say is true, runefactor, I have a lot more to do to marry Kiel then I thought I did, lucky for me I have the second story arc to enjoy, otherwise I'd go mad waiting for these events to activate :lol:.
Miku-chan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

acolyte wrote:Aw I should've noted down about what to do for How to Make a Pile of Money. It was broken up to 2-3 encounters and it did get me annoyed..
First was Bado and Vishnal, second was Meg/Porcoline outside the airship, and third was Forte inside Bado's, and was there an event outside castle? I might've gotten the order wrong.. gah. Oh well hope someone encounters it again >.<
That's quite a long event too, isn't it?
Guide for "How to Make a Pile of Money" under spoilers.
Spoiler:
1. Talk to Bado in his shop. He'll mention a watering can.
2. The next day, enter Bado's shop to get an event with Vishnal.
3. The next day, walk to Porcoline's Kitchen for another event.
4. The next day, see Bado talking to Arthur in the plaza.
5. Talk to Forte in Bado's shop. Kiel will come in.
6. Go to Bado's shop for the last event with Forte and Xiao Pai.
Had to check the Japanese wiki because I forgot the last step, but that's basically it.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Just triggered the "Get It Together!" event. I'm not done with it, but here's what's been done so far (I'll update once I finish it).

UPDATE: Finished the event. Here's a full rundown of the event:
Spoiler:
Day 1:
Trigger the event by talking to Chlorica in the morning, her dialogue will be a little different.
Midday - go to the town plaza to find Chlorica collapsed in the middle of the plaza. Talk to her. She'll get an idea and run off, saying it's a secret.

Day 2:
In the morning, Doug, Amber, and Chlorica will collect at 9am in the plaza. Talk to all three and they will run over to Forte, who is waiting outside her house. Go with them and talk to Forte. Forte will drag the three back to the plaza and they will train for the day in the plaza. They don't move and their dialogue doesn't change the rest of the day. I just went to bed :lol:

Day 3:
In the morning, Doug, Amber, and Chlorica will be out in the plaza. Talk to Chlorica and they will agree to go to Arthur's. Follow them to Arthur's and once they've collected talk to Arthur to trigger a scene. After the scene they will all disperse and you'll get more dialogue with Chlorica. Despite it looking like there's some resolution, the town event still hasn't finished.

Day 4:
Ah, ok, they're still visiting different villagers. Talk to Doug, Amber, and Chlorica in the plaza in the morning and they will decide to go to Meg's house. Follow them to Meg's house. A scene will trigger when you are OUTSIDE of Meg's house, not by talking to Meg. Watch scene, talk to everyone, sleep.

Day 5:
This time they will visit Dolce. Talk to Chlorica/Doug/Amber in the plaza and follow them to the west side of town where Dolce waits outside of Bado's shop. Talk to Dolce to trigger a scene. Watch the scene, talk to everyone, sleep.

Final Day:
In the morning you will find Chlorica collapsed in the middle of the square again. Talk to her to complete the event.
Very cute event :D I loved it!
Last edited by rachellion on Oct 18, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Miku-chan wrote:
acolyte wrote:Aw I should've noted down about what to do for How to Make a Pile of Money. It was broken up to 2-3 encounters and it did get me annoyed..
First was Bado and Vishnal, second was Meg/Porcoline outside the airship, and third was Forte inside Bado's, and was there an event outside castle? I might've gotten the order wrong.. gah. Oh well hope someone encounters it again >.<
That's quite a long event too, isn't it?
Guide for "How to Make a Pile of Money" under spoilers.
Spoiler:
1. Talk to Bado in his shop. He'll mention a watering can.
2. The next day, enter Bado's shop to get an event with Vishnal.
3. The next day, walk to Porcoline's Kitchen for another event.
4. The next day, see Bado talking to Arthur in the plaza.
5. Talk to Forte in Bado's shop. Kiel will come in.
6. Go to Bado's shop for the last event with Forte and Xiao Pai.
Had to check the Japanese wiki because I forgot the last step, but that's basically it.
That's it! Oh my, we could use mini-walkthrough for these sub-events. Not only one or two last over multiple days..
P.S. @Miku-chan off topic, but I just bought Project Diva F before I get a PS3 +_+ Then ended up buying a used ps3 to play it..
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the walkthroughs! I'll add yours when it's done, Rach! ^^

You're very welcome anon! Hope you get to marry him soon. It took me a while to marry Doug because I triggered so many events before Shiny Memories and Doug's Secret. It was worth the wait though!
Miku-chan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

acolyte wrote:P.S. @Miku-chan off topic, but I just bought Project Diva F before I get a PS3 +_+ Then ended up buying a used ps3 to play it..
Ooh, have fun with it! I love the song selection in that one. :D

Just encountered this town event last night.

Uh-oh, It's Contagious
Spoiler:
Participants: Xiao Pai, Lin Fa
Start: Enter the inn
Notes:
1. See an event with Xiao Pai and Lin Fa at the inn.
2. The next day, visit the general store.
3. You'll see everyone talking like Xiao Pai the next day.
4. Visit the inn for the last event.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Finished Get It Together and updated my previous post with a walkthrough.

Man these sub events are fun! :lala: I'm gonna try triggering more :lol:
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know exactly what happens in the "Oh No, It's Contagious!" event? I cannot recall ever seeing an event with Xiao in the general store but I just activated her marriage sub event "Never Gonna Give Up!". So maybe I got the event and I'm not remembering right or maybe I was able to get her marriage event without seeing "Oh No, It's Contagious!". I'm not sure >.>.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:Does anyone know exactly what happens in the "Oh No, It's Contagious!" event? I cannot recall ever seeing an event with Xiao in the general store but I just activated her marriage sub event "Never Gonna Give Up!". So maybe I got the event and I'm not remembering right or maybe I was able to get her marriage event without seeing "Oh No, It's Contagious!". I'm not sure >.>.
Kiel gives everyone the idea of Selphia speaking like Xiao and they all try. Lin Fa starts doing it and all the travelers at the inn go crazy over her and Xiao.
rachellion wrote:Finished Get It Together and updated my previous post with a walkthrough.

Man these sub events are fun! :lala: I'm gonna try triggering more :lol:
I'll add it (sorry for taking long), thanks! Yup, I loooooove the subevents. I think I've seen them all but Amber Watson and the mood reversal one now. Amber Watson's activated now but I think I'm gonna save it for my male file cause I wanna marry Amber... Too bad you can't help triggering the events quicker/in an specific order.
rachellion wrote:I just got a mini event! I walked to the west side of town and was approached by this scary man. He asks Frey where the school is and she looks all concerned because she doesn't know. Vishnal shows up thinking Frey's being threatened and then realizes the mistakes, gives the man proper directions, and then spazzes out because he jumped to conclusions :lol: It's a super cute mini event - triggered midday, Vishnal at 7 LP. No idea if there's a name for it, but thought I'd mention it here :)
Sorry (again) for taking so long to answer. Yeah, I've got that event too! I saw all the guys' but Doug's because he's the one I chose to date. I also saw a little one where Clorica falls asleep on your shoulder and gets all blushy about it afterwards. Does she have a crush too? It's so adorable And I shipped Frey with Meg... I really wish Frey could be a lesbian sometimes.

Would you all like the mini events added to the front page? I don't think they have names nor are required for anything, so I'm not sure if I want to... Does anyone know if they keep you from activating others?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay thanks. I'm sure I remember hearing others talk like Xiao or at least make a bunch of comments on the way she talk so I must have seen the event at some point.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Do you by any chance remember a scene where there are a bunch of faceless NPCs in the inn that cheer when Lin Fa and Xiao Pai talk? Because that's how it ends. It's not a very long event so maybe you went through it without even noticing it was an event. Or maybe you haven't seen it and it's actually not required?

Also, just out of curiosity, you're not marrying her are you?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah I did get an event like that. And I think I got one more event with Xiao at the inn where she got jealous over Lin Fa or something. But those are the only two Xiao events I really remember seeing besides the one I'm currently doing of course XD.

Haha yeah I won't be marrying her. I didn't realize I it was her marriage event until after I had already started going through it. Oh well X3.
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

A Cooper's Windfall (correct name of If The Wind Blows, The Bucket Maker's Prosper?)
Spoiler:
Participants: Lin Fa, Kiel, Forte, Bado, Yang Fan
1. Talk to Kiel. Kiel will tell you that there's ants outside the town.
2. Talk to Forte, she'll tell you to be careful.
3. Go south of castle plaza. You will meet 3 Ant, 1 Killer Ant, and Yang Fan.
4. Go back into the plaza.
5. Go outside the blacksmith.
6. Go to the plaza and talk to Forte (auto?)
7. Go to blacksmith.
8. Go to the inn.
9. Go south of plaza. Meet 3 ants. (what? Forte actually gives me edible food? +_+)
10. Go back to inn.
11. Go to plaza. Talk to Yang Fan, who is still a 'Traveler Lv. 1'.
Note: For step 4 and 5, I went there and there was no event, so I walked around some more and the next event got triggered, so you might need to roam around.
So.. long.. At least it can be done in a day..
daughter of the moon
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Is there any other requirements to trigger the third plot aside from having Amber and Dylas in the flower shop at the same time? Right now, they're both in there but I'm getting nothing.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

daughter of the moon wrote:Is there any other requirements to trigger the third plot aside from having Amber and Dylas in the flower shop at the same time? Right now, they're both in there but I'm getting nothing.
You need 7 hearts with them, have beaten the second plot and have no other town event activated. I should probably add that.