Rune Factory 4 Town Event Guide

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Kavindra
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

averyyyy wrote:Hey! I'm having a bit of trouble with "The Running Sign". The event is listed on my diary, but when I go to the flower shop actually trigger the event, nothing happens. This has been going on for a while whenever I try.
This took awhile for me to get it to trigger. I just kept going back after reading the graffiti on the front of the building next to the door (Which I think says something like "Your flowers are pretty" or something along those lines) and eventually it finally triggered the event.
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Are there better ways of answering questions related to the town events?

Also I just did Thoughts Lost in the Lake and figured I'd write up a bit more detailed synopsis (to the best of my abilities.) In case anyone was interested.

It's a 1 day event, so I guess it's pretty simple, but you need to be careful to trigger it. (I assume) Also I was playing as Lest and mine triggered after Margaret had 6LP. (also I had Porcoline at 4FP, for all you conspiracy theorists out there)

Participants: Margaret, Illuminata
Start: Talk to Margaret
Notes: Required to marry Margaret. Don't have anyone in your party.
Steps: Talk to Margaret, and she will lament about how many people are littering by the lake in town. She then apologizes for unloading all this on you, and begins to leave to go clean it up by herself.

You will then be given two options:
  • "Let me help."
    OR
    "Have fun with that."
To continue with the event, choose "Let me help." (I assume the other response kills it?)

Margaret will then join your party, take her to Dragon Lake to begin cleaning up the trash. There will be some dialoge and Illuminata will suddenly appear and accuse you two of doing illegal things. There will be more dialogue explaining the situation, and Illuminata grudgingly agrees to help you out.

Margaret will assign everyone a place to clean up.

Go to your assigned spot and clean up the trash (there will be blue diamonds hovering over the ground, marking the trash) One of the objects you will find is a nifty glass bottle.

Once you are finished, all Margaret, Illuminata and yourself discover the 'secret' of the glass bottle, then Illuminata teases the both of you about your relationship (If playing as Frey, I don't know what Lumie says, I was Lest.)

Margaret gets embarrassed, then asks you if you would mind calling her Meg, because that's what her close friends call her. You again get two options:
  • Agree to call her "Meg".
    OR
    Tell her you like her full name better.
I don't know if this has any bearing on whatever you get LP/FP wise for completing these events (assuming you get any at all), but I chose to call her Meg (seems like the correct choice for anyone looking to potentially date her).

And that's my overly long winded walkthrough of a really short event.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks! I loooove that event. So cute. Damn Illuminata wrecking the cutest moments >:/

It was funny how I was already dating her and chose the nickname Meggy when I got the event. Kinda made no sense and Meg overwrote Meggy. XD

Also, it's so weird how old this thread already is lol...
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yes, I had no idea the game has been out since October. I only recently (in the last month or two) was reading articles about how it's selling like hotcakes and the like. My brother is a huge fan of the series and I picked it up on his recommendation this past weekend (also I love Harvest Moon games) and I can't put it down! I do wish there was some more threads on the finer points of upgrading and crafting tools and stuff. But this seems like a great community so I want to help how I can, even though I'm far from an expert at these kind of games.
TheHeroandtheFox
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Just got the Introducing Amber Watson event.
Participants: Amber, Illuminata, Arthur, Kiel, Bado

Talk to Amber, Kiel and Arthur in front of the airship

Next day talk to Amber at the blacksmith and watch the scene

Next day go to the florist shop, witness the scene
Head to Yokmir forest
Team up with Illuminata to find Amber and head to the second area
Beat the monsters

Thus marks the end of the town event
Fruu
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

"A Porco And An Elf (Walktrhough by rachellion)"
i'm not married to margret but I got this event, i'm playing as Freya
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you, TheHeroandtheFox! I am very sorry for taking this long to add your guide to the front page.
Fruu wrote:"A Porco And An Elf (Walktrhough by rachellion)"
i'm not married to margret but I got this event, i'm playing as Freya
You don't need to marry Margaret to watch this event, you need to watch this event to marry Margaret.
Unknown999999
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I can't get the Shiny Memories Event to trigger?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello everyone! :) I'm a member over at GameFAQ's and I frequent their message boards over there. We often get a lot of questions about Town Events so I've decided to make an FAQ to try and include all of the necessary information about Town Events. I also wanted to include a detailed list about the events and who is involved/how they trigger, etc. I get all of my information (regarding the events at least) from this topic. Since I'm not sure if I can just include a link (and feeling that it seems like a cop-out), I was wondering if you guys would be okay if I used this information in my FAQ? I obviously would give credit (aka, not take any for myself for this particular section) so I don't want it to seem like I'm stealing it....

But would that be okay? I just wanted to ask instead of just taking the information!

Thanks for any help, guys :)

--Karin18 from GameFAQs' Rune Factory 4 Message Boards
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm ok with that. ^^ Can't speak for everyone that contributed, though. You're welcome. :3

I'm assuming that as long as you credit everyone, it'll be fine.
Aite
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Have you done the Physical Exam event? That's required, too.

Other than that, (marriage) events are completely random
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Vishy wrote:So eh when can I trigger arthurs marriage event? Ive already done the one where you hunt down his glasses..
Ahh sorry, wrong response. To anyone wishing to marry Arthur, you must trigger his glasses event and his physical exam event first.

Other than that, events are random
JunkerFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I wonder if we should come up with names for the mini-events. Like for the one where Dylas chases off the playboy,
Spoiler:
Ponyboy and Playboy. /shot
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Urgh I'm stuck. I restarted and am still on the first arc, so just beat the chimera in the water ruins. Venti is sick, Doug won't talk to me, and of course this is when the game chose to trigger Shiny Memories.

I saw the event with Doug/Blossom where she gets her pendant back but didn't have a conversation with Venti because she's sick. The event is still listed as active but no one's saying anything. Any ideas on what to do?

EDIT: Nvvvvmmmm it resolved itself. Apparently the last little bit of the event (nest is gone, Blossom says something) couldn't trigger because of Doug's silence and Venti being sick. I got through to the Delirium Lava Ruins and BAM, the event finished. Thank « Harvest Goddess ».
bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I just had a Town Event start on Doug's birthday (it was Shiny Memories). I thought Town Events couldn't activate on birthdays. And before anyone asks, no it didn't start any day before (I have all the festivals active, Fall 2 was my birthday and on the last days of summer I had Smile Practice active), I had already played through part of this day before (my 3DS died) and had nothing happen when I left my bedroom then or on any of the days I actually finished.