Mewtwo is back in Smash Bros

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Samawaryou
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Buy both the Wii U and 3DS Versions of Smash and you get him Spring 2015 as DLC.
http://www.serebii.net/mewtwo.jpg
Oslm-markguy
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Nintendo tweeted that you get him for "free" if you register both games, thats about $100... sorry old pal, you aren't worth that much.

I honestly wish he would be DLC
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Along with that, it was also confirmed that you can smash with up to 8 players on a single map...which sounds outrageously fun.

I'm so excited for this game omg.
PiplupPeanut
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Oslm-markguy wrote:Nintendo tweeted that you get him for "free" if you register both games, thats about $100... sorry old pal, you aren't worth that much.

I honestly wish he would be DLC
I kind of have to agree here. Maybe I'm biased because Mewtwo was plastered everywhere back when Pokemon X and Y were coming out so I've gotten tired of him, but this announcement didn't excite me that much, and while I'm buying both versions of the game, it's not gonna be for him. it's because I was too impatient to just wait for the Wii U version so I bought the 3DS version to hold me off until then. Also if you register both games with Club Nintendo then you get the games' soundtrack

Granted, I'm not saying it's a bad thing that he's coming back; the point of a crossover game is to have each universe's most popular characters come back, after all. :P He's just not my favorite legendary in the world. Plus, I never owned Melee (just played it a few times at a friend's like ten years ago) so I never really formed that much attachment to him as a fighter. I'm excited for his fans who wanted him back, though!
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was already getting both versions, and while that soundtrack is cool, I'm much more excited knowing that I get a bonus Mewtwo out of that. Mew and Mewtwo have been my favorites since I was five and I loved playing him in Melee, even if he wasn't that great, so I'm actually kind of psyched to know I'll get him back after all.

But do they make him available for purchase if you only bought one version, or is he exclusive to people who bought both? I couldn't find anything about whether or not he can be purchased for one game. It's not like he comes from a franchise infamous for making you buy tons of games to get everyone or anything, but it would be a shame if you couldn't pay a little extra to get him with only one version.
Oslm-markguy
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

SerpentTailedAngel wrote:But do they make him available for purchase if you only bought one version, or is he exclusive to people who bought both?
I'm pretty sure he is only for people who have both the 3ds and Wii U version of the game, but then again, I may be wrong.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yay Mewtwo, and that sounds great.

But it's not really incentive enough for me or my husband to want to buy both copies, to be honest. I like how they advertise it as "free". and yes, it's technically free...you just need to buy both copies....so if you're only planning on getting one of the two...that's extra money to spend for Mewtwo.

I wonder if there's a time limit. Do you have to buy both games before spring 2015, or can you buy one or the other (or both) later and still get him?

and I imagine if they would offer him to those who don't have both games, he would probably be a larger amount of money and would thus be more incentive to buy the other copy you don't have.
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

PiplupPeanut wrote:it's because I was too impatient to just wait for the Wii U version so I bought the 3DS version to hold me off until then. Also if you register both games with Club Nintendo then you get the games' soundtrack
Same

Since I was already planning on getting both versions, this is awesome news. Also, Mewtwo is my brother's favorite fighter, so I'm sure he'll be ecstatic ^^
ILikeStrawberries
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Nintendo of Europe tweeted that he would be DLC if you didn't own both copies, I believe.
ILikeStrawberries
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Oops! Double post.
Oslm-markguy
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

ILikeStrawberries wrote:Nintendo of Europe tweeted that he would be DLC if you didn't own both copies, I believe.
Unless Nintendo of America does the same this dosent help me at all.
haloharvestmoon wrote:I'm so excited for this game omg.
OMG same. I'm hoping there will be a feature (in the wii u version) to battle over the internet I WANNA BATTLE ALL THE USHIANS
Vann Borakul
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

of course it's gonna have internet battles
I'm up for any on the 3ds version right now