A (hopefully) helpful beginners tip list (Seedling update)

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

youngnozomi wrote:Thank you so much BigBangBaby!

I have a question about befriending villagers that might be helpful to add to this beginners' list. Do you need to befriended certain villagers to gain items?
If I'm wrong someone please correct it

I'm pretty positive nothing is given to you from villagers that is missable. Your items/blueprints/recipes will come from the trade countries (befriend them though), merchants requests, Raeger's restaurant, winning contests and the traveling salesperson. In general this game is very focused around the trading countries and you can ignore the villagers for the most part. It's bad to say but in my very first file other than who I married (Menou) and Marian and Georgio (because they are awesome) I ignored all other villages pretty much unless it was a festival or I was buying something until year 3. That file I played to year 9 and am pretty positive I had mostly everything. In my girl file I made my number one point to be raising my friendship with the villagers and I have them all at high or max friendship, and other than events I'm pretty positive no one gave me items.
Spoiler:
There is an item you get from an event with Maurice but it's not a good item and as long as you raise your friendship with him to what's required to see the event, you will
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Tael wrote:Anything useful you can trade over wifi besides 5 star seeds?
Yeah you can trade things cooked dishes, crops, ores not mentioned in list, cloths that aren't great quality, some clothes, woods, stone, black lumber, black rock, fertilizer, animal treats, bamboo, animal food

But there is a limit to how much you can give at once, for example:
crops and seeds you can give up to 5 at a time
Cooked dished, tradable ores, pearls, and clothes only 3 at a time
any tradable outfits and fertilizer you can only give 1 at a time
*basically you can only give between 1-5 of an item
Dolce-crema
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I have a question about befriending villagers that might be helpful to add to this beginners' list. Do you need to befriended certain villagers to gain items?

I know that recipes are not needed for cooking. So you don't need to befriend villagers for those like in ANB. But is there anyone else we should befriend faster than others besides for the events you can miss with
Spoiler:
Eda
and the fishing rod from
Spoiler:
Otmar
wait a second....we DON"T need the recipes, it's going to be like magical melody again?!?!

so that means, all we have to do is look at PAST rexcipes from the magical melody and other games, and we're fine?
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Dolce-crema wrote:

I know that recipes are not needed for cooking. So you don't need to befriend villagers for those like in ANB. But is there anyone else we should befriend faster than others besides for the events you can miss with
Spoiler:
Eda
and the fishing rod from
Spoiler:
Otmar
wait a second....we DON"T need the recipes, it's going to be like magical melody again?!?!

so that means, all we have to do is look at PAST rexcipes from the magical melody and other games, and we're fine?
I must have not fully read that part xD um yes you need recipes to cook otherwise buying them and eating at Raeger's would be pointless. You just don't have to befriend villagers to get them. Believe me, I wouldn't hate the traveling salesperson so much if I could just make the dishes sold by them without having to buy the recipes xD
Dolce-crema
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

oh mother fudger-deletes saved URLs from past games-

WHY do we have to depend on getting a recipe from a traveling salesperson....i miss that aspect from magical melody so much!
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Well at least a lot of the recipes come from buying or raegers ^^ the only sad part is if you are trying to woo someone who's favorite dish recipe comes from the traveling salesperson. Which is really only bad if you are going for the reverse proposal other wise it's still easy to raise affection with other gifts ^^
Dolce-crema
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

do you know when we get the Bouillabaisse recipe? i want to woo the perfume maker!
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dolce-crema wrote:do you know when we get the Bouillabaisse recipe? i want to woo the perfume maker!
http://fogu.com/sos1/villagers/marriage ... [quote]You can get this soup category cooking recipe from the Rose Country vendor for 1500 G once you reach Winter of year 1.[/quote]
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Dolce-crema wrote:do you know when we get the Bouillabaisse recipe? i want to woo the perfume maker!
You buy it from rose country so depending on how fast you unlock it you will be able to buy the recipe
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:The traveling salesman is Fall of Year 2, I'm pretty sure though. But great guide. :bunny:
They start fall of year 1 ^^
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm, it says on the JPN wiki though that they start at year 2 in fall http://wikiwiki.jp/bokutsuna/?%CB%AC%CC%E4%C8%CE%C7%E4 are there earlier ones than these perchance?
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Hmm, it says on the JPN wiki though that they start at year 2 in fall http://wikiwiki.jp/bokutsuna/?%CB%AC%CC%E4%C8%CE%C7%E4 are there earlier ones than these perchance?

Hmmm I definitely feel like I met them earlier than that though it is possible I am confusing them with the person who takes you on vacation, but they are after you marry. I haven't played those years since May and I asked my friend who has the guide to double check, they must have informed me wrong or their guide is not very good ^^
Kuromei
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

According to Cher's guide... http://fogu.com/sos1/villagers/marriage/nadi.php
Susanne and the other two, Reiner and Dieter, will visit your house starting after Fall 7 of year 2.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Haha that's good ^^ I'll have to tell him his guide is wrong. Thanks^^
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks I like the suggestions for the countries :) I made a list of things to prepare because of it :lol: Will you be posting on this forum when you are giving out seeds :?: I would love tree seeds :heart: