A (hopefully) helpful beginners tip list (Seedling update)

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:You are a gem, BigBangBaby! (Confession: whenever I read your name, in my head it always comes thru as BiNgBangBaby. I have no idea why...lol.)
BiNgBangBaby xD lol I like it
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The information about Seedling mode increasing items # sold at the vendors was confirmed (flashed by super quick) in one of XSEED's YouTube tutorial videos, by the way! Just in case anyone needs confirmation.
JoeBanana
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank you sooosoosoo much for these tips @bigbangbaby *bows*

On side note, good that the fertilizers can be acquired quite easily! I was checking all of the points very carefully but when I see Otmar sells up to 30pcs+ a day was a relief xD plus he opens almost everyday!

I cant wait to get the sewing room blue-print!
Issun
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Is flour, etc considered a processed good that counts toward the total needed for the tropical country?
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:The information about Seedling mode increasing items # sold at the vendors was confirmed (flashed by super quick) in one of XSEED's YouTube tutorial videos, by the way! Just in case anyone needs confirmation.
That sorta makes me sad it definitely seems tooooo easy ^^; oh well I guess most people just care about the lower numbers for the countries ^^
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Issun wrote:Is flour, etc considered a processed good that counts toward the total needed for the tropical country?
Yes flour, wine, jams, cheese, yogurt, cloth, pottery will go towards processed goods
shiramiu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS THREAD :heart: :heart: :heart:

I didn't check the forum for quite a long time and as soon as I got my SoS I'm getting confused so here I am, stumbling upon a very helpful thread. Thanks so much, BigBangBaby! :lol:

I'm already at Spring 17th, and I want to share something I think would be helpful for beginners...

Everyday I would go swim and dive in this 3 area of rivers; on Sunnyside Farm (Eda's Farm), one on Riverside Pasture (Paddy Field Area) and one more on Piedmont. I'd go dive and find fishes and things like:
- Boots, Cans, Fish Bones
- Scrap Ore, Iron, Topaz, Pearl
- Fishes, Octopus, Squid, Crab

I'd dive 6x each area, and they're really helping to get more money. Especially if I got Octopus or Squid which sell out on good price :'3 I got some problem spending too much (even though I'm in seedling mode). But well, I'm just starting~

Oh, and I want to ask if there's any guide on making Trade Depot livelier? Any list of the traders and their schedule, maybe...?

Hope I'll get better after doing these tips in this thread! :)

Again, thank you so much!
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Your calendar will tell you when vendors are going to be coming so always check ^^
http://fogu.com/sos1/basics/difficulty-modes.php <---- go here for how o start unlocking the other ones

On a side note you'll be able to raise fish soon (once you get the basket) so if you put one like a squid in there, because they are decent money and breed pretty fast, it could be a helpful source of income in the beginning.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I forgot to bookmarked this. I sold my twigs and pebbles that I got in day 2. But I kept the ones I collected thereafter ever since I got decent amount of fishes while swimming.

Thank you so much for this tips.
???
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

@BigBangBaby you said that you were finding seedling mode too easy, assuming you've progressed a bit farther do you still think it's too easy? If I wanted to marry Elise would I finish everything too easily and not have anything to do by the time the children would grow up?
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

??? wrote:@BigBangBaby you said that you were finding seedling mode too easy, assuming you've progressed a bit farther do you still think it's too easy? If I wanted to marry Elise would I finish everything too easily and not have anything to do by the time the children would grow up?

I do still find it a bit too easy. Not so easy that i don't want to play it or that it makes me hate it, but I will probably never make another seedling file. I find the vendor requirement decrease, stamina decrease, price decrease, and item increase just a little too much. But honestly these opinions may just because I've played veteran files, so I just know what to do and how to plan things efficiently in my eyes. I never attempted to woo Elise but if I'm reading about her correctly you can't even start doing her heart events until year 2 of winter (since you have to see her rival events first and that's when her last one occurs). So honestly with seedling mode I can see you easily unlocking the last 2 vendors before you even have kids or when your kids are babies. But if you are a completionist you'll still have things to do in terms of collecting items and animals.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've got a question in general about the overall tone of the characters. Are they more 'fleshed' out this time around? By that I mean, in ANB everyone was either super nice or passive aggressive (borderline just plain mean) and I felt like it just made it hard to want to keep talking to them after I unlocked whatever they would give. So in a sense, is there more of an array of personalities this time around? From the few short clips I've seen, they are better this time around. Especially the marriage candidates. Thanks for any response in advance! :lala:
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

BigBangBaby wrote: I do still find it a bit too easy. Not so easy that i don't want to play it or that it makes me hate it, but I will probably never make another seedling file. I find the vendor requirement decrease, stamina decrease, price decrease, and item increase just a little too much. But honestly these opinions may just because I've played veteran files, so I just know what to do and how to plan things efficiently in my eyes. I never attempted to woo Elise but if I'm reading about her correctly you can't even start doing her heart events until year 2 of winter (since you have to see her rival events first and that's when her last one occurs). So honestly with seedling mode I can see you easily unlocking the last 2 vendors before you even have kids or when your kids are babies. But if you are a completionist you'll still have things to do in terms of collecting items and animals.
This is making me rethink starting on Seedling mode > >; I already have experience with the game, so maybe I should start on veteran at least for my first file. Hmmmm.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I've got a question in general about the overall tone of the characters. Are they more 'fleshed' out this time around? By that I mean, in ANB everyone was either super nice or passive aggressive (borderline just plain mean) and I felt like it just made it hard to want to keep talking to them after I unlocked whatever they would give. So in a sense, is there more of an array of personalities this time around? From the few short clips I've seen, they are better this time around. Especially the marriage candidates. Thanks for any response in advance! :lala:
I definitely found the characters a lot more entertaining in SOS than in ANB. They were fun and I could never get enough of Marian (my fav villager). The marriage candidates are way better too. I honestly disliked the majority of the characters in ANB (I also didn't care for many of the ToTT characters)but in SOS I pretty much like all the bachelors/ettes, even mistel who I thought I would hate, end up being my first husband. I do plan to marry everyone (except kamil and licorice) at some point ^^ (3 down 7 to go!). I did honestly get bored of most of the regular villagers after a while (mostly going into year 3), but my love for Giorgio and Marian made up for it ^^ I'm not very far in my English game because of work, so it's hard to say if they stayed pure to the japanese persoanilites, but I am enjoying them so far ^^
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Out of curiousity, how long did it take you to unlock all of the traders? in ingame years and also hours irl (if you know)? I read somewhere that it takes like 500+ hours, is that in the right ball park, I know playstyle will effect playtime but as an approximation..? Also to unlock the tropical country within like 4 years would you need to have 100's of fields growing constantly to meet all the reqs?