Farm Name Ideas

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Joey
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

What are some good farm name ideas? What did you all choose?
Fishu
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I always call my farm Lon Lon and all of my animals after Zelda characters XD

I used to always name my farms after flowers when I was a kid...lol, thinking up new names is hard! Good luck :)
chocolatechip
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm learning Japanese and korean at the moment so for the last few games I've named my farm random words in those languages that kind of matched the feeling of the game.
Like in ANB I called my farm Shorai which means future ^_^
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

What I WANTED to use won't fit, so I may just go with my old standby. Nacho. So when other people visit, they'll be on Nacho (Not your) Farm.

>_>

<_<

Yeah, it's stupid. If I decide to go that way, I might have to name my farmer Cheesy.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you can think of a type of thing or a feeling you want the name to have, but you're concerned about fitting in the six character limit, you can google "6 letter (thing)" and there are crossword puzzle websites that index words by letter count. I wanted my farm to have a gorgeous-sounding name, but all I could think of was gorgeous, beautiful, glitter, twinkle, sparkle, etc, then I thought rose, which would fit but Georgio is more the rose farm type -- so I googled "6 letter flowers." Ended up going with Poppy.
Alexina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I named mine Best Farm. 'Cause it's gonna be the best. :F
If I could have had 8 letters, I would have named it "Wildcard." But I've started to almost always use "Best" in 6-letter allowances in these games, which I like just as much.
Ophelia11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I was gonna name mine Selphia, but sadly there is still the 6 character limit, so it's Selphy :)
HummingGillz
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Emurii wrote:If you can think of a type of thing or a feeling you want the name to have, but you're concerned about fitting in the six character limit, you can google "6 letter (thing)" and there are crossword puzzle websites that index words by letter count. I wanted my farm to have a gorgeous-sounding name, but all I could think of was gorgeous, beautiful, glitter, twinkle, sparkle, etc, then I thought rose, which would fit but Georgio is more the rose farm type -- so I googled "6 letter flowers." Ended up going with Poppy.
Opium farm? /hit

I named mine Garnet. Garnet is the birthstone of January, which is my birthday month. The meaning of the birthstone varies a little here and there, but it generally means bringing peace, prosperity, and good health to one's home. It can also represent friendship and bonds.

When I first started playing the Harvest Moon series, I named the farm Garnet, and so that's what I always name my farm when I start a new game.
Nikkicat94
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I always name my farm Mist in homage to the original Rune Factory.
Blue Leafeon
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:What I WANTED to use won't fit, so I may just go with my old standby. Nacho. So when other people visit, they'll be on Nacho (Not your) Farm.

>_>

<_<

Yeah, it's stupid. If I decide to go that way, I might have to name my farmer Cheesy.

*applauds* That's a good one. XD

UUUUUUGH six characters. What am I supposed to do with six characters?! And I was hoping that XSeed would be professional enough to increase the character limit on names. :( Uh uh...maybe I'll name it after my pokesona, and call it Azure farm, or something. otl
Samurott
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Starry Farm! haha it was the name that my mom actually gave me, because when i played like 4 years ago i left it up to her to name my things ^^; naming was way too hard for me back in the day
Blue Leafeon

Post  Posted:

Samurott wrote:Starry Farm! haha it was the name that my mom actually gave me, because when i played like 4 years ago i left it up to her to name my things ^^; naming was way too hard for me back in the day
omg I named my farm that too just now. XD I like space and looking at stars, so I figured WHY NOT?
Ayumi_Ishimaru
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If I could, I'd name it Fifty Shades of Hay...

I might go for Almond or Peanut Farm!
maximom
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Hello,

I call'd mine " Story Farm "
Just because it's easy to remember :!:
sammich
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I named mine Alpine Farm. I sat there a good ten minutes before randomly coming up with that, but I like it cause I feel like it kind of fits in with the names of the other farms and areas of the town. Naming is always so hard for me!