A (hopefully) helpful beginners tip list (Seedling update)

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

BigBangBaby wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I've got a question in general about the overall tone of the characters. Are they more 'fleshed' out this time around? By that I mean, in ANB everyone was either super nice or passive aggressive (borderline just plain mean) and I felt like it just made it hard to want to keep talking to them after I unlocked whatever they would give. So in a sense, is there more of an array of personalities this time around? From the few short clips I've seen, they are better this time around. Especially the marriage candidates. Thanks for any response in advance! :lala:
I definitely found the characters a lot more entertaining in SOS than in ANB. They were fun and I could never get enough of Marian (my fav villager). The marriage candidates are way better too. I honestly disliked the majority of the characters in ANB (I also didn't care for many of the ToTT characters)but in SOS I pretty much like all the bachelors/ettes, even mistel who I thought I would hate, end up being my first husband. I do plan to marry everyone (except kamil and licorice) at some point ^^ (3 down 7 to go!). I did honestly get bored of most of the regular villagers after a while (mostly going into year 3), but my love for Giorgio and Marian made up for it ^^ I'm not very far in my English game because of work, so it's hard to say if they stayed pure to the japanese persoanilites, but I am enjoying them so far ^^
Thank you for your response! I didn't care for ToTT or ANB candidates either so this is refreshing to hear. And since seedling mode is significantly easier, I think I'll keep my main file for Veteran Mode and use seedling mode to marry everyone at least once in the second file.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Out of curiousity, how long did it take you to unlock all of the traders? in ingame years and also hours irl (if you know)? I read somewhere that it takes like 500+ hours, is that in the right ball park, I know playstyle will effect playtime but as an approximation..? Also to unlock the tropical country within like 4 years would you need to have 100's of fields growing constantly to meet all the reqs?

Well in my very first file, I didn't really know all the requirements, how to spend my days or how to make easy money early on so I actually didn't unlock tropical country until year 5. Once I knew everything to do my second file, how to make a fast profit, and knowing I can buy and sell back items from merchants and merchant request, I went into Spartan mode. I spent my first year growing tons of flax (and cotton once I made my outfits for tropical) and I had every leased land crops, crops in my green houses and on my farm, and just went full on farm maniac xD (making sure to take advantage of what merchants and Otmar sold that was beneficial towards tropical and ice) I unlocked tropical country in year 3 (I want to say spring or early summer) on that file. It really depends on what you are growing and spending your time on also. Um but I really have no idea what that would be real time. I'd say depending on when you go to bed, an in game day will be around 14-18 minutes real time.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the info!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Figured I'd bump this. Flax tip was really helpful thanks!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I find it funny that you can't trade cowboy outfits xD
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Can someone tell me if stuff like tea leafs also counts for crops? When you try to get the Tropical Vendor
English is not my first language so it's hard to figure out what belongs together :(
Diva
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Ooh thank you for putting this up! :bunny:
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Can someone tell me if stuff like tea leafs also counts for crops? When you try to get the Tropical Vendor
English is not my first language so it's hard to figure out what belongs together :(
Yes it does ^^
Mr Nojo
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Hello, and sorry I'm late to the party!

The fish basket was mentioned earlier, and I was hoping someone could say when and how it becomes available. I'm only in Spring 30 of Year 1, but I hope I can start farming fish soon!
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Mr Nojo wrote:Hello, and sorry I'm late to the party!

The fish basket was mentioned earlier, and I was hoping someone could say when and how it becomes available. I'm only in Spring 30 of Year 1, but I hope I can start farming fish soon!

Silk starts selling them and the blueprint to make them yourself (just buying them is a better obtion) in summer so you're almost there!
Mr Nojo
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Thanks for answering my fish basket question, and even greater thanks for your whole tip list!

I am the type who loves to know what I'm going into before I actually do anything, so it has been frustrating to limp by on the limited fogu guide available thus far. (I know Cher is still working hard on the guide for Lost Valley and I appreciate all that she does!)

The only thing I would add to your list is there was no mention of jumping on things to get items. That was something I had no idea about when I started my first file (I got 11 hours in and so frustrated with my slow pace, I started over armed with better tactics). I've gotten 1-star seeds and useful items like rocks from jumping on the various hedges/fences around town, and that has helped me immensely.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the tips :)