The minor annoyances thread

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Blue Leafeon
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Okay, surely I'm not the only one who could rant a little about a few aspects of the game. It's been a great game so far, but like every harvest moon, there's always onnnnnnnnnne little thing we as players would definitely love to change.

My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Blue Leafeon wrote:Okay, surely I'm not the only one who could rant a little about a few aspects of the game. It's been a great game so far, but like every harvest moon, there's always onnnnnnnnnne little thing we as players would definitely love to change.

My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<
Have you check the blueprint section? I bought a blueprint to make one.

As for the minor annoyance, I just wished there was a rotate button so that I could see where those lumbers jumping off to when there's another obscuring your view.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Blue Leafeon wrote:My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<
It is a blueprint you have to buy. They don't sell the tool itself. You'll need to collect materials and 'build' one.

There are 2 things that that bother me about this game (I've played the Japanese version already so I know what to expect):
1. They took out the outdoor bell to graze all your animals at once. Now you have to depend on pets instead & I don't normally care for pets.
2. They took out the fish-raising buildings & I don't like the fish-net method they replaced it with. >.<
Musashi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Blue Leafeon wrote: My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<
You can buy the blueprint from the Silk country vendor. You have to craft it yourself. It requires 5 iron.

For the post not to be offtopic, in my case, I would like to be able to buy dogs to herd my animals earlier. I think I will just get one chicken, one rabbit and one sheep to be able to take part on the corresponding festivals and focus on crops until I can get dogs, and I will start focusing more on animals then.
Kutsai Chan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I love Harvest Moon and I do sometimes have a complaint or two, but it doesn't affect my experience. This one though I can say the military time bugs me, and the six letter naming restrictions :c
Yamichan16
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The fact that time doesn't stop indoors. That's been missing in recent games. I don't get why they took it out.

The week long tutorial. That was unnecessary. A day or two would have been fine.

Shipping. Okay I get the whole trade thing, but it would be nice if you can ship stuff locally. I had three days of rain and the vendor didnt show up.
Blue Leafeon

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:
Have you check the blueprint section? I bought a blueprint to make one.
Didn't realize there was a blueprint section.

Which brings me to another minor annoyance. Why does so many people think that putting white text on a light colored background is okay? :roll: It might be okay when the text is HUGE and you can tell the shapes apart, but I keep having to grab my x30 magnifying lens to look at the prices of things because I honestly can't see a THING about those white numbers on those light backgrounds. x_x
Ratiasu_0380
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If I could complain about something, it's that villagers keep moving around when you're talking to someone, even though time is stopped. If there's a group of people in one area and I want to talk to them all, I have to rush to finish talking with one person in order to catch the next person before they leave the map.
Elle
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Only played the first couple of training days.

24 HOUR TIME FORMAT .... nu. ;-;
Katherine1973
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yamichan16 wrote:
Shipping. Okay I get the whole trade thing, but it would be nice if you can ship stuff locally. I had three days of rain and the vendor didnt show up.
The vendors will show up in the rain, but the schedule for the silk country is here 2 days-skip 3 days-here 2 days etc.. So you may have just had the 3 days of rain correspond to the 3 days off.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah the pitchfork thing is really bothering me. I would have thought on animal training day I would have been shown how to clean up after animals and be given a pitchfork. Really odd I have to make my own. I keep missing the vendor though. By the time I get the thing made my cow will be walking all over filth.

Still working on getting my routine in place. I'm still forgetting to do things.

I still don't have any time for socializing and I haven't really even started my farm yet. This is going to be really slow going.

My biggest problem now is that when I'm buying materials I am given no indication how many I already have. I also can't check my blueprints to see what I need. My last day I had to run back to the house twice, once to see how much iron I needed for the Kitchen, then again to see how much I already had in storage. Why the heck is there no indicator of how much of an item you already have when purchasing stuff. I like to keep a nice stock of stuff but keeping things evenly stocked in this game is going to be a nightmare when I have a lot more items to keep track of.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You can check on the calendar when the vendors will be there. If there is a festival or a birthday, press the Y button to see if there is a next page or just look at the upper screen, lower right area if there Is green circle with a Y on it. That indicates there are more info to look at.
Beedlebud

Post  Posted:

The pitchfork thing. I know about the blueprint, but it takes you far too long to get the materials for it since you have to either a) dive for it and hope you get lucky or b) buy it, which is dependent on when the trader comes in. The dirt piles up far too fast in relation to it. It's a pretty important item for them to just make it so cumbersome to get.

Shipping (though I don't think this a minor complaint)- not a fan of how you are dependent on traders to get your money, I prefer the shipping bin. It seems like they set it up so that more traders will comes in on different days for you to sell to on different days, but right now it's really annoying getting close to running out of money but still having to keep all your crops because the trader isn't there today.
EnvyDreamer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:My biggest problem now is that when I'm buying materials I am given no indication how many I already have. I also can't check my blueprints to see what I need. My last day I had to run back to the house twice, once to see how much iron I needed for the Kitchen, then again to see how much I already had in storage. Why the heck is there no indicator of how much of an item you already have when purchasing stuff. I like to keep a nice stock of stuff but keeping things evenly stocked in this game is going to be a nightmare when I have a lot more items to keep track of
I'm pretty sure you can see the amount you own when purchasing that specific item! When the little window pops up for you to choose how many to purchase, the top right of it has a little tab that says "Owned" and then there should be the number you currently have of that item at home!
Blue Leafeon

Post  Posted:

Raeger. I'm not in your kitchen. And neither are you. Stop acting like you are and telling me to get out. </3
Shipping (though I don't think this a minor complaint)- not a fan of how you are dependent on traders to get your money, I prefer the shipping bin. It seems like they set it up so that more traders will comes in on different days for you to sell to on different days, but right now it's really annoying getting close to running out of money but still having to keep all your crops because the trader isn't there today.
Indeed. Especially when you are trying to get a certain item from their shop. Day 1: They're there but I don't have enough money. Day 2: I finally get enough stuff to sell so that I WOULD have enough money, but they're not there. Day 3: Still not there. It just goes on and on.
Last edited by Blue Leafeon on Apr 01, 2015 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.