RF4 Questions

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

yeah, I know, more of them haha :P

edit: realising that 1 is probably the bread+ stuff that I can't get to yet, but then wanted to add that I've heard you can increase your monster's resistance whilst fighting, say to poison or fire etc, by giving them the corresponding items over time, however, is there a limit to how many things you can give and have effects build up and how noticeable are those effects, are they capped? As in, in theory, could you spend years in game giving one creature the items for all the kinds of resistance and make a kind of super monster?
Spoiler:
1. I'm trying to eat accessory bread and it's telling me that I'm not learning anything, maybe I need to increase my crafting skill, but I already grinded it up to 99, and it seems 99 is the max level, unless I'm missing something, because there are a tonne of recipes left that I need to learn and no matter how much more I grind at upgrading there's no experience being added to the bar, it doesn't seem to go further than 99. Is my game broken and I won't be able to learn the rest of the recipes?
2. What's up with dungeon seed/field dungeons, it's another area that's barely talked about online when I try to google it, other than the bleedingly obvious "grow it on your farm" - yup, I did that, my point being, do they die after some time? Can you go through them as many times as you want? Is there a seed reward every time you complete it or not? I want to know because I'm busy doing other things in game but if it's going to die after a set time I should go and make the most of it now.
Spoiler:
3. Is there any effective way to grind/level weapons? I die outright when I try to fight the bad guys that are at the point of where I am with the story, but when I try to kill a heap of lesser baddies it barely moves the bar along at all for the hammer/axe, it's been a struggle just to get it to level 10, I don't know how to get it much higher when it moves so slowly. Would using a more sophisticated weapon add to the rate that experience is added? Is there any kind of dud enemy where you could in theory sit there and just hack away at them for a while before they die without dying first? Like a punching bag style baddie, since some games have had those.
edit: ok found the woolie statue for grinding, but still want to know two more things:

1. what do I use/do to work on the dark skill, mine's still at level 1, and is it really true that levelling the throwing skill actually DECREASES rp? D: But that's what I'd already worked on, dammit, I wouldn't have done it if I had realised it was actually making me weaker not stronger :c
Last edited by clefairykid on Jan 24, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

ah... "bread+" .... and that maze thing I hear people talk about... I'm going to guess that's why I can't learn more. I'm not even good enough to beat the main story so I guess I won't be getting a chance at finishing the recipe collection anytime soon OTL
GrimoireFan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

yeah, I know, more of them haha :P

edit: realising that 1 is probably the bread+ stuff that I can't get to yet, but then wanted to add that I've heard you can increase your monster's resistance whilst fighting, say to poison or fire etc, by giving them the corresponding items over time, however, is there a limit to how many things you can give and have effects build up and how noticeable are those effects, are they capped? As in, in theory, could you spend years in game giving one creature the items for all the kinds of resistance and make a kind of super monster?
Spoiler:
1. I'm trying to eat accessory bread and it's telling me that I'm not learning anything, maybe I need to increase my crafting skill, but I already grinded it up to 99, and it seems 99 is the max level, unless I'm missing something, because there are a tonne of recipes left that I need to learn and no matter how much more I grind at upgrading there's no experience being added to the bar, it doesn't seem to go further than 99. Is my game broken and I won't be able to learn the rest of the recipes?

2. What's up with dungeon seed/field dungeons, it's another area that's barely talked about online when I try to google it, other than the bleedingly obvious "grow it on your farm" - yup, I did that, my point being, do they die after some time? Can you go through them as many times as you want? Is there a seed reward every time you complete it or not? I want to know because I'm busy doing other things in game but if it's going to die after a set time I should go and make the most of it now.

edit: ok found the woolie statue for grinding, but still want to know two more things:

1. what do I use/do to work on the dark skill, mine's still at level 1, and is it really true that levelling the throwing skill actually DECREASES rp? D: But that's what I'd already worked on, dammit, I wouldn't have done it if I had realised it was actually making me weaker not stronger :c

Short answer to feeding monsters:Yes >; )

Long answer: The cores you get from the elemental fairies will up their respective element,but will decrease the resist of the opposing element (Blue core will increase water res,but lower fire),Best item for upping status attack would be melody bottle,otherwise it seems any item that up status attack will work. Also using an item like rigid horn will increase crit,love crystal or legendary scale will up drain attack and rune crystal will up physical resist,but will drop all elemental resists except light and dark. Bottom line,you can have a near invincible monster that crits alot,heals with phys hits and absorbs all but light magic if done right. Also you can seemingly feed them infinitely,but eventually you'll reach a cap,or in the case of elemental resistances,get the resists too high and start taking damage instead of healing (though i have only seen this happen with elemental resists and nothing else) And you can get an idea of what your resists are by talking to the monster expert two screens right of Obsidian Mansion.

1. You can find Dark Ball at Selphia Plains according to the Rune Factory Wikia:http://therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Wo ... _%28RF4%29 I'm sadly coming back to the game after being gone from it for about a year,so don't remember how to get it exactly. Also the Throwing skill does not lower RP as I tested this recently by doing nothing but throwing til it leveled with no decrease.

2. It will die after awhile but I believe watering it will prolong its life before it starts to wither.....as far as the seed reward,I'm not too sure as it's been forever since I ventured through one. X___X

Also you're right about the bread,you need to learn recipes past 80 and are found in Sharance Maze from defeating bosses.

Anyways hope this helped and happy gaming. ^___^
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

In regards to the seed dungeon: it lasts as long as your soil's health is above 0, provided that natural disasters and/or your hammer do not prematurely shorten its life. And yes, you can go through it as many times as you wish. It's the poor man's (or the "haven't-beaten-the-game-yet" man's) Sharance Maze, and its chests, enemies, and enemy levels are tied to your progress in the game. You can also, as with any other crop, grow it giant.