Stardew Valley - Out now!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which new farm layout did you choose for your main file?

You may select 1 option

View results

Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I did see all of his heart events, which were nice, yeah. I guess it's just that it lost some of the 'gradual' feel since I could basically see them all at once after his birthday gift (I did try to space it out a little, though).
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had a baby :D

(in game)

http://upload.farm/1B0WUr
I've got a mod installed that expands the valley etc so my farm goes off the map a little
http://community.playstarbound.com/thre ... on.113000/ This one if anyone's interested.

For some reason though it's not not picking up my roads. So my map looks a little odd in upload farm.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Keera wrote:Ohh, so the game does actually make it easier on you when you level up your fishing skill? No wonder it's so much easier now. I think I'm at level 8? I thought I had just gotten better at it, haha, because I remember it being frustratingly difficult at first.
I think so? You've probably also gotten better, but I'm sure you've probably also noticed more slower fish, including ones that don't move at all. I'm only guessing, but I wouldn't really be surprised if there is something in the code that essentially makes some fish easier as you upgrade your rods or level up your skill. I also read somewhere that he won't be changing the fishing mechanic.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Yup. As you improve your skill and buy new rods, the green fishing bar gets larger, which makes it easier to keep up.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is there any way to do fishing at all on the laptop cursor? Cause I've only caught one fish and pretty sure that's like the very beginning easy peasy freebie kind.

On a side note chugging along at my f X f file. At like level 60 or so in the mine, almost at fall and recently discovered the beauty of cherry bombs. Been wooing all of the girls and so far Leah/Penny/Haley are my main picks. Abigail is still in the air but so far she's pretty disappointing, while Maru is a flat out no. A real shame too, but her first two events i couldn't stand and the first one kind of burned me regarding Demetrius so idk.

Not gonna wait for Emily unless she and Shane come out SOON but still gonna raise her affection.

Farm is a mess but just trying to get money to get tools/buy stuff for bundles at this point
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Is there any way to do fishing at all on the laptop cursor? Cause I've only caught one fish and pretty sure that's like the very beginning easy peasy freebie kind.
X and C are the mouse buttons. Pretty positive it's left and right respectively? I use C for tools (like hoe, water, fishing, etc) while X is to harvest, talk, etc. So for fishing I just use C instead of the mouse. It's the same concept, but easier for me since my touchpad is a little finicky sometimes.

Honestly I only use the mouse on occasions, like directing where to harvest, or obviously for buying items from a store, but the rest of the time I try and keep the cursor hiding off screen.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I've finally got Sebastian at ten hearts and I'm prepared to get married. Still holding out for Shane. I don't want to wait too long, so I hope he and Emily can be married before June. I could understand if they can't be, it's a lot of work, but my attention span is not my friend XD
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote: On a side note chugging along at my f X f file. At like level 60 or so in the mine, almost at fall and recently discovered the beauty of cherry bombs. Been wooing all of the girls and so far Leah/Penny/Haley are my main picks. Abigail is still in the air but so far she's pretty disappointing, while Maru is a flat out no. A real shame too, but her first two events i couldn't stand and the first one kind of burned me regarding Demetrius so idk.
Bombs are your BEST friends in later levels of the mine!

Leah was my main pick until some of her later heart events (personal preference, they're actually rather sweet!). I really like Maru as a person but I agree, her events fall a little flat. I was led to believe Abigail would be GREAT but so far kinda disappointed in her events too (although I really like watching Sebastian, Sam, and Abigail's events around the same time, they develop well together). I sorta like Haley but not enough to pursue her. Her events are cute!

Penny is the main contender so far. She's so sweet and adorable and just HRNGH. I saw all of her events and really enjoyed them. She's at 10 hearts already, just biding my time until Spring Year 2 when I can FINALLY get the damn pendant.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

As far as waiting on Shane goes, I'd suggest marrying Sebby now, since we don't now when the update is going to hit. Multiple farms ftw~
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, probably gonna just marry Sebutts. At first I was only planning on having one farm, but then I remembered that there were mods that could make having a second file less tedious. I get really absorbed in games the first time and end up not picking them up again, just because I end up burning myself out.
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Madame Madie wrote:I had a baby :D

(in game)
Congrats!!

I'm finally pregnant! (in game) I just woke up one morning and Elliot was like 'Oh you're pregnant! Can't you tell?' oH?? And it was so funny because I triggered a heart event with Penny later that day and she asked me if I wanted kids. IT'S FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I was going to raise everyone up to ten hearts/see all events but I think I've decided on Harvey. Kind of surprised but his last heart event is adorable, and a lot of the other candidates seem too young for my preference? I was surprised at how much I liked Sebastian's events and stuff but him, Sam (huge no for me), and even Alex are all so young. And I can't stand Elliot.

I'd be all over Shane but I'm not going to hold out for the update, I can always play through another file later on (and likely will anyways).

Farm's coming together a bit but I gave up on hardwood fences to save it up for my last house upgrade; http://upload.farm/1B3WYW
Thundawave
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

After reading through all 30 pages of this thread I finally bought the game! I'm currently my first week and you folks weren't lying! This game really is everything recent HM games were lacking in.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for new farmers? I've been
Spoiler:
buying parsnip seeds from jaja, clearing out my farm, foraging flowers and spring onions. I've mined a bit and just built a furnace as well.
Does talking to the townsfolk everyday help increase their affection for you like original HM games? How do you find out people's favorite gifts besides trial and error, does some come up in dialogue?

I wanted to come into the game somewhat blind so I didn't lookup anything. But I'm just curious if that is a good thing not.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tips
Spoiler:
When you mine, aim for 5 levels per day and don't overdo it. The loss is huge and most of the time you're better off just restarting the whole day.
Animals aren't really as profitable as crops, but you do need 'em for the bundles.
Save like one of everything. Hoard as much as you can. Create chests asap and keep a few of them around. Especially in the beginning.
Save your silver/gold star items if you can. Or at least one of each.

For fertilizer you gotta apply it FIRST before you water/seed. Otherwise you'll miss out on it.

Sprinklers and bombs are fantastic.

When you upgrade your watering can, save it for the end of the season for Spring to Summer or Fall to Winter or just upgrade it in Winer. It requires two days to be done and you don't want your plants to dry up during that time. I wouldn't upgrade it from Summer to Fall cause chances are you'll have Corn which is a multi season crop.

Leave mining/fishing on rainy days or in winter.

Don't bother fishing on your farm, all you'll get is trash.
Favorite items are mentioned, but it's VERY rarely. Most of it will be trial and error, but some you can figure out by their occupation/hobbies/focus. Example, folks in the saloon at night are probably gonna be more receptive to Beer/Ale, Evelyn is the town's gardener (more or less), etc. etc.
Hysuka
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Post  Posted:

Does anything happen if you continue to buy things from Joja instead of the local dude?