Pokemon GO

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which Team?

You may select 1 option

View results

Beedlebud
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Seeing my parents get into this game is pretty great. I don't think they've ever shown too much interest in pokemon, even when I (and everyone else) was super into it in the 90s.

Feels like I've been thrown back in time lately, with how ridiculously popular this game is. It's all the rage on campus.

I went to a pokemon Go meetup at my museum and so many people were there. It was so cute to see parents playing with their children, kids walking around finding pokes and college-age kids like me.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I love this game and so does my fiancee but WOW does it suck on my phone. We took a walk last night and literally every few steps the game would freeze or crash. All day yesterday we had a lot of trouble getting on the app, although I had a much tougher time since my phone is a little older.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:I love this game and so does my fiancee but WOW does it suck on my phone. We took a walk last night and literally every few steps the game would freeze or crash. All day yesterday we had a lot of trouble getting on the app, although I had a much tougher time since my phone is a little older.
It's a lot more about the servers than it is about how old your phone is, although I guess it would make sense that it would run more slowly/choppily on an old phone. The servers are just down and glitching all the time, though.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Team Valor! My fiancee is Team Mystic :lol:

She gets more pokemon just by commuting. Where we live there's a LOT of gyms that a lot of people fight over - they change hands multiple times a day. She managed to take over a gym yesterday for a glorious 5 seconds :lol:

I'm still level 9. Just caught a Pikachu this morning on the bus, so happy! :heart:

My fiancee and I go for walks waaay more often just to catch Pokemon.
Emurii wrote:It's a lot more about the servers than it is about how old your phone is, although I guess it would make sense that it would run more slowly/choppily on an old phone. The servers are just down and glitching all the time, though.
Good to know it doesn't have to do with my phone! My phone crashes with the app up a LOT more than my fiancee's, which is why I thought it was the phone. The servers glitch a lot though. When we walk we laugh like 'why are we still playing this?' the app can be REALLY bad sometimes!
ilikecookies94
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

The Pokemon in my area suck, I already have them.

Anyway hi, sorry at work but just wanted to pop in...
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ilikecookies94 wrote:The Pokemon in my area suck, I already have them.

Anyway hi, sorry at work but just wanted to pop in...
Didn't you tell me about a system you use while playing this? Something about driving around with your boyfriend while one of you hold both phones? lol

Lol, yeah my crazy sister here, and her BF, are hooked. They even have a system where one of them drives around while the other catches Pokemon,

We have iphones, I would be "hooked" if I leave my house and if my tablet has more storage space.... I have my phone but again, don't leave my house.
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

It will be arriving in my country soon according to the TV and Radio Stations i would love to get it for my Tablet but... I found something that made me think for a bit... :washu: : https://consumerist.com/2016/07/14/poke ... o-opt-out/
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

venus14! wrote:It will be arriving in my country soon according to the TV and Radio Stations i would love to get it for my Tablet but... I found something that made me think for a bit... :washu: : https://consumerist.com/2016/07/14/poke ... o-opt-out/
As a lawyer, this is a pretty standard clause. Arbitration clauses don't "strip you of your rights," they just force you to resolve conflicts through arbitration (mediation with an impartial third party to come to a mutually agreeable conclusion) rather than suing directly in court. And honestly, I don't know what they're saying about "have the resources" to come before an arbiter, they seem to be anticipating that this could rule out a class action? Going to court is also insanely expensive. This article is pretty irresponsibly written, and I'm surprised that anyone would bother reporting on this -- it's more PoGo sensationalism, I guess. Here's an article about the kinds of things you agree to all the time without reading them.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*crosses fingers for eventual multi-generations coming to Pokémon Go.

I know folks love the classic 1st Gen, but imo I find it to be the most boring generation. orz.

2nd Gen and 3rd are the root of my nostalgia.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:*crosses fingers for eventual multi-generations coming to Pokémon Go.

I know folks love the classic 1st Gen, but imo I find it to be the most boring generation. orz.

2nd Gen and 3rd are the root of my nostalgia.
Oh man I would LOVE 2nd Gen! Maybe they could add a happiness mechanic to get the baby pokemon to evolve? I really want a Clefa and a Magby and Elekid!!

Level 11! I level so much slower than my friends cuz I don't have as much time to walk... and it's like 99+ degrees outside right now :( My fiancee and friends are all 15+ at this point.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

from what i've heard (via word of mouth) they mentioned something about planning on introducing gen 2 pkmn in november though aside from the baby versions of the gen 1 dudes i don't really like any of the gen 2 pokémon. gen 2 suuuuuuuucks
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:from what i've heard (via word of mouth) they mentioned something about planning on introducing gen 2 pkmn in november though aside from the baby versions of the gen 1 dudes i don't really like any of the gen 2 pokémon. gen 2 suuuuuuuucks
:OOOOOO <3333

PLZ.

Hopefully they can also get work on getting the servers to be able to handle more/run smoother. BUT MY BODY IS VERY READY FOR 2ND GEN.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'd be happy if they fix the three steps glitch first, like seriously that kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game. What I do now is just farming Pidgey and other Pokemon near my home because it's pain in the « Mr.Gourmet's hat » to just wander aimlessly trying to track some Pokemon in silhouette "nearby" and not finding them.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

luph n joii wrote:I'd be happy if they fix the three steps glitch first, like seriously that kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game. What I do now is just farming Pidgey and other Pokemon near my home because it's pain in the « Mr.Gourmet's hat » to just wander aimlessly trying to track some Pokemon in silhouette "nearby" and not finding them.
PokeVision.com is a lifesaver. At first I was really opposed because it felt like cheating, but it's SO useful and makes things so much more fun, with the tracker broken and all.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i never figured out how the nearby thing is supposed to work, and none of the explanations i've found about it have made a lick of sense and tend to provide conflicting information. wandering around aimlessly is pretty much all i've done