3oT Import Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymuse
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Late but, eh.

First off, thanks for sharing the images and insights of the new candidates and Inari! I've been visiting here every so often to check up on the new Candidates so imagine my surprise checking back in and seeing an Inari update (and alongside Woofio and Stephanie's at that)! While she/he still doesn't live with you, just having a child was enough to put them back on the candidate list for me. And although their child doesn't have fox ears as I would have liked, it's understandable from a time point of view. The scene described by Syvle also sounds incredible.

Pink's not my favorite color, but I like Stephanie and her children's color combo. I find all the regular bacholette's children pallete's lacking in variety, so it's a least better in that regard. This makes me want to take advantage of marrying her since we only get two save files. I also echo about her wedding outfit: she looks amazing in it!

At this point (assuming non of the heart events change my mind later on), male file will be Stephanie while female file will probably be Inari. No matter how much I absolutely LOVE the color pallete of Woofio's children (blue and greens are my weakness), I can never, sadly, see him as anything more than a joke candidate, especially in comparison to Stephanie.
Gothicat
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:About Woofio's kids
Spoiler:
I had a thought: Is their hair color the same color as Woofio's frisbee? I'm curious because I can't help but notice they're close in color. Also, what color are their eyes and, to an extension, Stephanie's kids' eye color? I can't tell with the image. I know Inari's is red.
Spoiler:
It seems so. This is either because they don't tell us what's under the suit and they needed something to base his children off on, or he's actually the suit somehow...
As for the eye colour of the children, both of them seem to be the same shade of brown. Makes sense with Stephanie as her eyes are brown, and as for Woofio it sorta matches the eyes of his suit.
I can't stand the suspense on Woofio anymore. I hope someone marries him soon and spoils it all for the rest of us. People can say what they want to say about him, but at least he's way more interesting than Matsuba. And since the game already has 6 other bachelors, I don't mind a jokey candidate so much. If the game had only 3, or this was DS Cute were all the bachelors but Skye were hard on the eyes (no, Rock does not exist, hmph) then I would be upset. As it is, I find him fascinating.

He's better than Gourmet and Kappa anyways :P
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Woofio's wedding outfit cracks me up. Not only would anything they put him in look funny because, well, he's freakin' Woofio, but the tennis ball on his head is still sticking out! They covered up his frisbee with flowers, but that tennis ball is still visible. It's like the people getting him dressed for the wedding tried to hide the whole frisbee underneath the flowers but the tennis ball ended up giving them too much trouble and were like:
(Putting it into a spoiler tag so people who don't want to read my nonsense don't have to :).)
Spoiler:
Man 1: "Alright, screw it; he's going out as is."

Man 2: "But, sir, the tennis ball is still not covered up, he looks ridiculous."

Man 1: "He's a dude in a giant dog suit! He'd look ridiculous no matter what we did."

Man 2: "Maybe if we tried a different way to--"

Man 1: "No! I'm tired of messing with the thing. Just go push him out onto the aisle, it'll be fine."

Man 2: "Alright, if you say so, sir..........that tennis ball is really distracting tho--"

Man 1: "GOOOOOO!"
Stephanie looks great, and Woofio's kids are gorgeous.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think previously giving a gift to Inari on winter Valentine's day didn't do anything special. On my latest experience Inari responded and also gave a dessert gift in exchange.

Woofio also participates, so I'm assuming Stephanie does as well.
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think previously giving a gift to Inari on winter Valentine's day didn't do anything special. On my latest experience Inari responded and also gave a dessert gift in exchange.

Woofio also participates, so I'm assuming Stephanie does as well.
I believe you have remembered right, cause I also didn't get any respond from Inari back then during the Valentine Festival!

It seems that they have added quite some new dialogues for the other candidates as well because now I could see Ford saying some new spouse lines that he hadn't said earlier and he will also now give opinions about Woofio, Stephanie, his favorite season, his skill in drawing anatomy, etc.

It seems that Stephanie and Woofio won't participate on the Dance and Romantic Star Festivals though, much to my disappointment as I'd been dying to have anyone aside of Ludus to choose as my company when I participate on the Glowing Night Festival :?

Anyway, my curiosity for Woofio was surprisingly stronger than my curiosity for Pokemon Sun/Moon, so I decided to woo him today and finally got him to max affection after about 20 smoothies wrapped in Chic wrapping.

Here are his lines for White-Light Green Flower if anyone is curious too.
Spoiler:
Gray Flower
"[NAME], do you like animals, woof?" (Normal)
"Anyone who likes animals can't be a bad person, woof. In other words, [NAME] is a good person, woof." (Happy)

Purple Flower
"If you are interested to be an Animal Trainer, you can come to talk to me anytime, woof. [NAME], you've got what it takes to be one woof!" (Happy)

Light Blue Flower
"The animals said that [NAME] is a really kind girl. And Woofio thinks so too, woof! Talking with [NAME] cheers me up!" (Happy)

Blue Flower
"For some reasons, it seems that everyone around us think that we are good friends, woof." (Normal)
"...Eh, they are not mistaken, you say?" (Normal)
"....[NAME] sure knows how to play with Woofio's feeling, woof*." (Troubled)
"I do appreciate your feelings, however..." (Normal)
"I'm a vagabond, after all, so my principle is to not make a friend to get especially close with. We should not become closer than this, woof." (Normal)

Light Green Flower
"I am not going to have someone to be especially close with...And yet, why do you come to care about me like that?" (Normal)
"If you keep on treating me like that, I wouldn't know what should I do anymore. When I'm with you...it really hurts." (Troubled)
"...Got ya! I'm just kidding!" (Happy)
"Woofio is a plushie, after all, so Woofio is never sad, woof!" (Happy)
And then the most interesting part....What's inside Woofio and his past got revealed mostly in his 2nd Love Event...
Spoiler:
Anyway, during his first love event, it's revealed that Woofio really can talk to animal and understand about them just by sniffing them.

Woofio's first love event started with MC helping Alma and Shark, whom have found a cat, to find its family as they thought that it was a stray cat. Three of them were working hard, trying to search the kitty's family in every nook and cranny to unfortunately no avail.
But then, Woofio came and just with a sniff, he was able to tell that the cat both Alma and Shark had found was not a stray one, but a pet of someone. After the cat got reunited with its Master and MC complimented him for his skill to be able to understand animal just by sniffing it, he told her that it wasn't really such a great deal and got all melancholic himself, saying that the cat just really wanted to go back to the place where it really belongs and it'd feel lonely if it couldn't go back home.

After apologizing to MC for being 'out of character' and got all shy because she was gazing at him with worried look (?), he later revealed that he is a vagabond with no place to call home anymore, but it's alright because every animals in the world is just like a family for him.

MC suddenly patted Woofio's head after hearing what he said and after some silence, Woofio thanks her and saying that she really is a kind girl. Moreover, she doesn't get all wary over him either, though then he added that everyone around here (from all three villages the game takes place in) is just like her, while everyone elsee would usually keep some distance from him.

He then asked you if you really didn't want to become an animal trainer and be his disciple before then telling you that he was joking and excused himself.

After Woofio left you, he then mumbled about how long it had been since someone patted his head before then telling himself that this shouldn't have continued as MC is just a normal girl and he shouldn't let her come too close to him again next time.

During his 2nd love event, MC was accidentally catching a sight of Woofio jumping from a veeeery high place without problem. At first, Woofio tried to make excuse, but then he gave up and decided to tell her the truth about his identity. But before that, he told her that they should go to somewhere else so that no one could hear them.

When both of them were finally alone, Woofio told her that he had been lying when he said that he came to Lulukoko to be hone his skill. He came here because of the Spirit rumored living in Lulukoko. Woofio asked MC if she thinks that he's a man wearing a dog suit when she sees him, and MC nodded in agreement to his statement.

But then, Woofio revealed to her that there is no one inside that animal costume and in fact the costume itself is his own body.

He told her about how he met a spirit in a forest when he was very young and then they played together as the spirit stated that it had been quite sometime since a human saw it. At first, he thought that they had only been playing for some days, but then when he thought of it again, he might actually have spent a veeeeery long time playing with that spirit; spending his time talking with the animals in the forest, eating sweets in a mysterious room, laughing at and getting surprised by the spirit's magic tricks.

But one day, he knew he really just had to go home after all, and yet that spirit wouldn't let him go, so he struggled and ran from that forest with all he had in him. But then he noticed how unusual for him to not having problem breathing despite that he was running like a maniac.

And when he saw his reflection in a nearby pond, he saw a dog costume that he hadn't seen before staring back at him. That moment, he finally realized about what had happened to him and when he tried to go back to the forest spirit's house in panic, it had disappeared and his body had unmistakenably turned into some sort of weird doll. Woofio said how he was unable to go home anymore since that day and how he had to live deep inside the forest with the animals, whom he could communicate with.

He also couldn't feel hunger and pain anymore since that day onward, which was why he didn't get hurt when he was jumping from such a high place.

Woofio told MC that he hadn't told anyone about his secret before, so she was the first one to hear the truth about him. Woofio then excused himself and wished MC farewell, but then MC rushed to follow him as she didn't want him to leave. Woofio was surprised to see her and asked her why she had such change of expression on her face, and you could choose between: I won't tell anyone about your secret and I will always be by your side. I chose the 2nd option.

Wantatan asked that if she really meant it and she will still stay by his side even though he couldn't go back to his human form, and MC nodded. But Wantatan told her that she can't and their feelings shouldn't get involved here as it would only lead to nothing but bring her unhappiness. He alone could always afford living as some weirdo who never takes his costume off in other people's eyes, but if MC stays with him, she might got categorized as something similar like him by the other. Woofio thought that in exchange to giving him happiness (to have her by his side), MC would end giving up her own happiness and he just couldn't bear the thought of it.

Woofio told MC about what a kind girl she is and how happy he was whenever she was around. He believed that she would keep his secret well. However, he told her that her kindness might have led her to symphatize with him and took his problems for her own, so they shouldn't have mistaken this feelings for love in any way. He said that he might lose his own character if he kept on looking at her like that, and it couldn't be a good thing as this was the road he had chosen for his life; Living as Woofio, the goofy animal trainer who is a friend for every children, adding woof/wan again at the end of his sentence when he said that (he didn't do that during the whole scene until now).

Woofio got back to being serious for a moment again and told MC to not making such a sad face as he's not intending to leave yet until he had learnt more about the spirit living in Lulukoko. He then excused himself and wished MC to be careful on her way back home.

On her way back home, MC suddenly heard someone uttering how surprised she was to know that the dog suit man used to be a human. Witchie then appeared and when MC confronted her for eavesdropping, Witchie told her that it was their own fault for being so noisy in front of her house as this event started with Woofio jumping from the ruin where Witchie lives.

Witchie then told MC about how sure she was that the Spirit human Woofio met when he was a kid was most likely a similar being like her; in other words, another Witch as she could feel a presence of a Witch's magic on him. She then said that if it was really a Witch's spell that had bound Woofio, then it might be possible to cancel it, but it wouldn't be something easily done by a Witch in training like her, but MC kept on begging to her and in the end, Witchie gave in to her plea and told MC to give her some more time to work on something.

The event ends here and I haven't unlocked his last event yet. Gotta try to see them hopefully today tho!
Last edited by Syvle on Nov 19, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^Wow? That was interesting xD.
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Syvle wrote:And then the most interesting part....What's inside Woofio and his past got revealed mostly in his 2nd Love Event...
Spoiler:
Anyway, during his first love event, it's revealed that Woofio really can talk to animal and understand about them just by sniffing them.

Woofio's first love event started with MC helping Alma and Shark, whom have found a cat, to find its family as they thought that it was a stray cat. Three of them were working hard, trying to search the kitty's family in every nook and cranny to unfortunately no avail.
But then, Woofio came and just with a sniff, he was able to tell that the cat both Alma and Shark had found was not a stray one, but a pet of someone. After the cat got reunited with its Master and MC complimented him for his skill to be able to understand animal just by sniffing it, he told her that it wasn't really such a great deal and got all melancholic himself, saying that the cat just really wanted to go back to the place where it really belongs and it'd feel lonely if it couldn't go back home.

After apologizing to MC for being 'out of character' and got all shy because she was gazing at him with worried look (?), he later revealed that he is a vagabond with no place to call home anymore, but it's alright because every animals in the world is just like a family for him.

MC suddenly patted Woofio's head after hearing what he said and after some silence, Woofio thanks her and saying that she really is a kind girl. Moreover, she doesn't get all wary over him either, though then he added that everyone around here (from all three villages the game takes place in) is just like her, while everyone elsee would usually keep some distance from him.

He then asked you if you really didn't want to become an animal trainer and be his disciple before then telling you that he was joking and excused himself.

After Woofio left you, he then mumbled about how long it had been since someone patted his head before then telling himself that this shouldn't have continued as MC is just a normal girl and he shouldn't let her come too close to him again next time.

During his 2nd love event, MC was accidentally catching a sight of Woofio jumping from a veeeery high place without problem. At first, Woofio tried to make excuse, but then he gave up and decided to tell her the truth about his identity. But before that, he told her that they should go to somewhere else so that no one could hear them.

When both of them were finally alone, Woofio told her that he had been lying when he said that he came to Lulukoko to be hone his skill. He came here because of the Spirit rumored living in Lulukoko. Woofio asked MC if she thinks that he's a man wearing a dog suit when she sees him, and MC nodded in agreement to his statement.

But then, Woofio revealed to her that there is no one inside that animal costume and in fact the costume itself is his own body.

He told her about how he met a spirit in a forest when he was very young and then they played together as the spirit stated that it had been quite sometime since a human saw it. At first, he thought that they had only been playing for some days, but then when he thought of it again, he might actually have spent a veeeeery long time playing with that spirit; spending his time talking with the animals in the forest, eating sweets in a mysterious room, laughing at and getting surprised by the spirit's magic tricks.

But one day, he knew he really just had to go home after all, and yet that spirit wouldn't let him go, so he struggled and ran from that forest with all he had in him. But then he noticed how unusual for him to not having problem breathing despite that he was running like a maniac.

And when he saw his reflection in a nearby pond, he saw a dog costume that he hadn't seen before staring back at him. That moment, he finally realized about what had happened to him and when he tried to go back to the forest spirit's house in panic, it had disappeared and his body had unmistakenably turned into some sort of weird doll. Woofio said how he was unable to go home anymore since that day and how he had to live deep inside the forest with the animals, whom he could communicate with.

He also couldn't feel hunger and pain anymore since that day onward, which was why he didn't get hurt when he was jumping from such a high place.

Woofio told MC that he hadn't told anyone about his secret before, so she was the first one to hear the truth about him. Woofio then excused himself and wished MC farewell, but then MC rushed to follow him as she didn't want him to leave. Woofio was surprised to see her and asked her why she had such change of expression on her face, and you could choose between: I won't tell anyone about your secret and I will always be by your side. I chose the 2nd option.

Wantatan asked that if she really meant it and she will still stay by his side even though he couldn't go back to his human form, and MC nodded. But Wantatan told her that she can't and their feelings shouldn't get involved here as it would only lead to nothing but bring her unhappiness. He alone could always afford living as some weirdo who never takes his costume off in other people's eyes, but if MC stays with him, she might got categorized as something similar like him by the other. Woofio thought that in exchange to giving him happiness (to have her by his side), MC would end giving up her own happiness and he just couldn't bear the thought of it.

Woofio told MC about what a kind girl she is and how happy he was whenever she was around. He believed that she would keep his secret well. However, he told her that her kindness might have led her to symphatize with him and took his problems for her own, so they shouldn't have mistaken this feelings for love in any way. He said that he might lose his own character if he kept on looking at her like that, and it couldn't be a good thing as this was the road he had chosen for his life; Living as Woofio, the goofy animal trainer who is a friend for every children, adding woof/wan again at the end of his sentence when he said that (he didn't do that during the whole scene until now).

Woofio got back to being serious for a moment again and told MC to not making such a sad face as he's not intending to leave yet until he had learnt more about the spirit living in Lulukoko. He then excused himself and wished MC to be careful on her way back home.

On her way back home, MC suddenly heard someone uttering how surprised she was to know that the dog suit man used to be a human. Witchie then appeared and when MC confronted her for eavesdropping, Witchie told her that it was their own fault for being so noisy in front of her house as this event started with Woofio jumping from the ruin where Witchie lives.

Witchie then told MC about how sure she was that the Spirit human Woofio met when he was a kid was most likely a similar being like her; in other words, another Witch as she could feel a presence of a Witch's magic on him. She then said that if it was really a Witch's spell that had bound Woofio, then it might be possible to cancel it, but it wouldn't be something easily done by a Witch in training like her, but MC kept on begging to her and in the end, Witchie gave in to her plea and told MC to give her some more time to work on something.

The event ends here and I haven't unlocked his last event yet. Gotta try to see them hopefully today tho!
Spoiler:
Goodness, for a SoS/HM game that backstory is really deep. The fact that he felt like he couldn't go back to see his family again and that since that day he's had to live his life as a creepy dog suit that can't feel anything is incredibly sad. Poor guy :(.

I think reading that has sealed the deal for me. I'M MARRYING WOOFIO! Yes, I have gone insane, but I don't care! That man needs some love, dang it.
Last edited by Nightlight on Nov 19, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
I already knew I was going to marry Woofio the moment he was known to be available, but that just seals the deal. Imma goin' for it.

That's was an awesome event, and as said, is pretty deep for an SoS game. Awesome!
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think that some of characters in 3oT do have some interesting backstory or at least hinting to some complex situations....
Spoiler:
Like Moriya had a fiancé who he truly loved but then she took away his fortune and ran away with his money never to be seen again, and thing got a bit difficult when Omiyo came to Tsuyukusa as she just reminded him to his ex-fiancé.

Ford had a loveless family and his parents never care for him (thus why he have problems with understanding affection sometimes) except for telling him to study to be a doctor. Moreover, his parents are also some messy good for nothing bunch (stated by Hashimoto himself in his column inside the guidebook) and that has led Ford to be a very germophobic and tidy freak person as he had to keep things in order as his parents wouldn't and his Mom's messiness even had led to a fire accident in their house when he was young so that he would get all restless when he is in a messy place. Also, Ford gets a bit longer lines than other boys when he breaks up with you where he advices you to choose someone who doesn't gamble and drink as your next partner, leading to a fan theory that his parents might been one to gamble and drink. He also has decided to never get married (until you choose to pursue him) for some reasons and will get all intrigued to see that some people do can actually be happy when they are married after seeing Brad's and Male MC's married life.

Stoic Hector was devastated when his wife died, but he didn't really know how to mourn and kept everything pilled inside him and became quite apathetic until he came back to Westown and met his childhood friend again Brad, who welcomed him back and told him he did a good job. That gesture was all it took for Hector to burst into heavy cry and let all his feeling poured out. After that, he recovered and decided to be both a good father and mother for his son, learning how to bake cookies and sewing.

Miranda was a popular sopran (iirc) singer who became pregnant with Noel out of wedlock and moved to Westown to start a new life to raise her daughter alone.

Yuzuki's parents left him to his grandparents' care when he was young without notice because of his weak constitution and apparently they never visited him again thereafter while continuing with their own life, like getting another son (so Yuzuki's young brother) that Yuzuki has never seen even once.

Omiyo worries often about her children, who rarely contacts her because they say that they are too busy. She even has a line where she states that even she understands about their busy life, she actually feels afraid sometimes that her children may forgwt about her.

Sumomo, a little girl around 11 max (as she is said to be around Tatsumi's age, whom in turn is just a bit older than Tigre, who have a canon age of 10), came to train under Moriya because she have to help her mother and her many siblings economically after his father died.

Komari's Mom comes and leaves as she please to travel around looking for iirc the best side dishes for rice lol and that obviously had led to some big fights between Komari and her before.

Not to mention all the carefree parents of Lulukoko candidates, whom all left their young kids to Tototala and then went travelling to never to be heard again. Oh yeah, Zau also apparently used to punch Ludus as a punishment for pranking Iuka when they were kids.

And this is not problematic, but Halba is one badass grandpa with one epic backstory, so that it even made it into a book in the game universe. Tototala also gives some interesting tidbit about her earlier life and her relation to Halba's deceased wife. And she is still an awesome prankster even in her senior days. That's why they are probably among my favorites gramps and grandmas we have ever had in this series! XD
Anyway, I like that both Inari and Woofio will acknowledge and bring up the weird situation MC can be involved with if you choose to marry them considering their identity.
Last edited by Syvle on Nov 19, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

With all that said, this is definitely one of the better SoS/hm games in a while. Not to say the others were bad, but this game feels more like the old HM to me, while still keeping the good parts of the new. I was really iffy on this game at first because the last few weren't my favourites, but I'm actually super excited for this one and can't wait to see where future games will go.
Spoiler:
I am very curious about Woofio's child event though. I wonder, since he is what he is, if he will have a similar event as Inari's child. Being given a child rather than having one born.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:
Spoiler:
I already knew I was going to marry Woofio the moment he was known to be available, but that just seals the deal. Imma goin' for it.

That's was an awesome event, and as said, is pretty deep for an SoS game. Awesome!
Spoiler:
I second this x1000 :heart:
Poor Woofio!

XSEED GIMMIE MY WOOFIO HUSBAND NOW!!!

...please :?:
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, I just married Woofio.
Spoiler:

If you chose to propose him, Woofio’s last love event will automatically lead to a private Wedding Ceremony arranged by the in training deities.

No other scene will be shown than this portrait of Woofio. No 3D models and no other character will be talking as well, so the ceremony was basically about him professing his love to MC.

I will write a summary tomorrow, as it is already over 5 AM so I really have to sleep, but tldr version...

The in training deities’ magic failed to turn Woofio back to human, but Woofio gets to be human again by some sort of coincindence caused by MC’s love (?) and bond between her and Woofio.

It was actually a very sweet scene imo when Woofio came to hold her hands and tell her how his hands are warm again, how his heart starts to beat again and how he starts to feel pain and start breathing again. Gotta say that I enjoyed all his events and I think he may have become my 2nd fav guy? XD

He still doesn’t want to take his costume off though, as he hasn’t been in human form in many years and feels both shy and unaccustomed, but he says that when you both become husband and wife, he wants you and only you to see everything about him…and now he and my MC are officially couple, so where is my reward I wanna see human form Woofio… :I

Anyway, less than a minute after they got married and Woofio already forgot about his wife’s name because when he asked her if she wants to be called anything else now they are married, I chose not to/stay as it is and he asked her if it is really okay to call her ‘Nanami’ when my MC’s name is actually Stella lmaooo

Well, actually it wasn’t his fault obviously, but here’s another simple miss from the developer side.

Also, even though your wedding was a very private one in a magical island created by the chamas, everyone still knows that you’re married for some reasons…? And strange enough, the people of Lulukoko will act as if you’re married to someone from another village, even though Woofio lived in Lulukoko before and registered as Lulukoko villager.

Oh well, I just pretend that they do so intentionally to keep your spouse’s identity as secret…

Oh yeah, Woofio will live with you and can help you collect random stuff during his days off like the other candidates, buuut you won’t be able to have meals with him.
Bonus: Legit picture of Woofio and his kid.
Spoiler:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
is it bad that I wanna marry him now? « Harvest Goddess » I need more saved files.
Anonymuse
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay, yeah. Even I have to admit.
Spoiler:
That was an interesting read.I certainly didn't expect a backstory like that. I figured Woofio's would be more kooky and whimsical, not mildly depressing.

Which brought me to, despite not wanting to be too spoiled, open this post after Syvle mentioned backstories.
Syvle wrote:I think that some of characters in 3oT do have some interesting backstory or at least hinting to some complex situations....
Spoiler:
Like Moriya had a fiancé who he truly loved but then she took away his fortune and ran away with his money never to be seen again, and thing got a bit difficult when Omiyo came to Tsuyukusa as she just reminded him to his ex-fiancé.

Ford had a loveless family and his parents never care for him (thus why he have problems with understanding affection sometimes) except for telling him to study to be a doctor. Moreover, his parents are also some messy good for nothing bunch (stated by Hashimoto himself in his column inside the guidebook) and that has led Ford to be a very germophobic and tidy freak person as he had to keep things in order as his parents wouldn't and his Mom's messiness even had led to a fire accident in their house when he was young so that he would get all restless when he is in a messy place. Also, Ford gets a bit longer lines than other boys when he breaks up with you where he advices you to choose someone who doesn't gamble and drink as your next partner, leading to a fan theory that his parents might been one to gamble and drink. He also has decided to never get married (until you choose to pursue him) for some reasons and will get all intrigued to see that some people do can actually be happy when they are married after seeing Brad's and Male MC's married life.

Stoic Hector was devastated when his wife died, but he didn't really know how to mourn and kept everything pilled inside him and became quite apathetic until he came back to Westown and met his childhood friend again Brad, who welcomed him back and told him he did a good job. That gesture was all it took for Hector to burst into heavy cry and let all his feeling poured out. After that, he recovered and decided to be both a good father and mother for his son, learning how to bake cookies and sewing.

Miranda was a popular sopran (iirc) singer who became pregnant with Noel out of wedlock and moved to Westown to start a new life to raise her daughter alone.

Yuzuki's parents left him to his grandparents' care when he was young without notice because of his weak constitution and apparently they never visited him again thereafter while continuing with their own life, like getting another son (so Yuzuki's young brother) that Yuzuki has never seen even once.

Omiyo worries often about her children, who rarely contacts her because they say that they are too busy. She even has a line where she states that even she understands about their busy life, she actually feels afraid sometimes that her children may forgwt about her.

Sumomo, a little girl around 11 max (as she is said to be around Tatsumi's age, whom in turn is just a bit older than Tigre, who have a canon age of 10), came to train under Moriya because she have to help her mother and her many siblings economically after his father died.

Komari's Mom comes and leaves as she please to travel around looking for iirc the best side dishes for rice lol and that obviously had led to some big fights between Komari and her before.

Not to mention all the carefree parents of Lulukoko candidates, whom all left their young kids to Tototala and then went travelling to never to be heard again. Oh yeah, Zau also apparently used to punch Ludus as a punishment for pranking Iuka when they were kids.

And this is not problematic, but Halba is one badass grandpa with one epic backstory, so that it even made it into a book in the game universe. Tototala also gives some interesting tidbit about her earlier life and her relation to Halba's deceased wife. And she is still an awesome prankster even in her senior days. That's why they are probably among my favorites gramps and grandmas we have ever had in this series! XD
Anyway, I like that both Inari and Woofio will acknowledge and bring up the weird situation MC can be involved with if you choose to marry them considering their identity.
I'm pretty drawn by this; not that -
Spoiler:
every character should have doom and gloom attributed to them, but the fact not everyone has rosy/innocent complications in their lives, some which echo very unfortunate situations in real life just gives them more umph. Even if they are highly eccentric themselves. Just reading these has made me more interested in slowing down and really absorbing these characters.
I've also a question Syvle. I've clicked and visited what I assume to be your blog (the star beneath your signature) and noticed you have cards for all of the bachelors. How long did that take (does it fill out based on who you meet or if you marry)? And did you play them simultaneously with the two saves or have multiple copies for all of them? I'm curious because the information you shared about some of the bachelors in the above quote has me fascinated to try to learn more about them in the localized release. I was also wondering if I had to marry all of the bachelor/ettes to successfully collect every card.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Me wanna learn moooorrrreeee!