3oT Import Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
B7N
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:
FuranSuwa wrote:Does someone know Stephanie's personality ? I didn't find much about her.
Second this
She's apparently a girl who grew up in the countryside and it's the eldest of 4 younger siblings and so far the only candidate in the game who has expressly declared herself to be older than the MC, she has always been the type who likes to speak in public, hence why she decided that her career path would have to be something related to people or public relations, then again, I remember her mentioning how she had tried some other jobs (can't remember) before taking the admission test to be a hostess, which she describes in great detail as having been a very rigorous and strict process handled by something like a "guild of hosts" .. I think she mentioned that she didn't like frogs and that her hair's natural colour is pink, something which she inherited from her mother apparently (we've had Lyla and Popuri so I guess pink hair is natural in HM universe?).

Her first heart event has you coming with her to help at some singing contest, it seems that the person who was supposed to provide the vocals for the ensemble is missing so she proceeds to take the place of the singer so as not to disappoint the audience, there you realize she is an amazing singer, she calls out to you and you join her on the stage to sing with the rest of the audience, everyone is delighted by the performance and it turns out great, at the end she says something along the lines that she likes children and hopes that someday she will be able to be welcomed home by her own, but because of the policies of the aforementioned "guild" she has been told that it's better to stay single and don't let other things interfere with her training as a hostess.

The second heart event involves you walking up to her at night when she is near the waterfall, she is looking sad and starts crying, you approach her and she puts up a tough front saying that she was just rehearsing a song, after you get past her obvious lies she confesses that she had been reflecting on her mistakes after she apparently misread the name of a contestant in a cooking contest, she was feeling frustrated because that amateur mistake could have scarred that kid for the rest of his life or something, then she asks you to leave her alone, but you can choose to show some support, and if you do she stands there crying on your shoulder for like a whole minute, (and there's a funny moment with the goddess too)

I haven't found her third, and trust me, I've been trying, so it must have special weather or other requirements, and seeing as I'm already about to finish the last collab for Westown's S rank, I really don't think I'm gonna find it either.

(replaced conductor with the right word)
Last edited by B7N on Dec 13, 2016 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sounds to me like Stephanie could be pretty interesting, then. I like her already.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Easy fix, after you get married a new girl or guy joins town and hooks with the guy/girl you left behind. :P Marvelous hire me?

but what if the new guy/girl is awesome and I want to marry them instead? huh? huh? LOL

(an easier solution I guess would be to add a "Jaime", a character who is simply assigned the appropriate gender to marry the leftover, unless you specifically court them.)
I mean lots of people wanted to marry the many milfs of Harvest Moon yet couldn't. c: Sometimes you just can't have everything you want!
omg the milfs of (M)FoMT, the bane of my existence.

Also I'm pretty sure SI brought back the other MC (so like if you chose to be a guy, the girl MC would move onto the islands) and they would marry whoever was left over?? Or maybe I'm wrong
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Easy fix, after you get married a new girl or guy joins town and hooks with the guy/girl you left behind. :P Marvelous hire me?

but what if the new guy/girl is awesome and I want to marry them instead? huh? huh? LOL

(an easier solution I guess would be to add a "Jaime", a character who is simply assigned the appropriate gender to marry the leftover, unless you specifically court them.)
I mean lots of people wanted to marry the many milfs of Harvest Moon yet couldn't. c: Sometimes you just can't have everything you want!
omg the milfs of (M)FoMT, the bane of my existence.

Also I'm pretty sure SI brought back the other MC (so like if you chose to be a guy, the girl MC would move onto the islands) and they would marry whoever was left over?? Or maybe I'm wrong
Yup. You're correct. In SI, they've made the other mc, (Mark/Chelsea) an marriage candidate to make it fair I guess.

However they're not an rival.
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

That second Stephanie event sounds hilarious ngl. I understand the rationale behind why she was upset, I just can't help but think it's a little funny. Might also be aided by the fact that I have a last name that a lot of people find hard to pronounce so I've basically given up on hoping that strangers will pronounce it right. It's really sweet that Stephanie cares a lot about stuff like that, though!
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

B7N wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:
FuranSuwa wrote:Does someone know Stephanie's personality ? I didn't find much about her.
Second this
She's apparently a girl who grew up in the countryside and it's the eldest of 4 younger siblings and so far the only candidate in the game who has expressly declared herself to be older than the MC, she has always been the type who likes to speak in public, hence why she decided that her career path would have to be something related with people or public relations, then again, I remember her mentioning how she had tried some other jobs (can't remember) before taking the admission test to be a "conductor" (it's like a master of ceremonies) which she describes in great detail as having been a very rigurous and strict process handled by something like a "guild of conductors" .. I think she mentioned that she didn't like frogs and that her hair's natural colour is pink, something which she inherited from her mother apparently (we've had Lyla and Popuri so I guess pink hair is natural in HM universe?).

Her first heart event has you coming with her to help at some singing contest, it seems that the person who was supposed to provide the vocals for the ensemble is missing so she proceeds to take the place of the singer so as not to disappoint the audience, there you realize she is an amazing singer, she calls out to you and you join her on the stage to sing with the rest of the audience, everyone is delighted by the performance and it turns out great, at the end she says something along the lines that she likes children and hopes that someday she will be able to be welcomed home by her own, but because of the policies of the aforementioned "guild" she has been told that it's better to stay single and don't let other things interfere with her training as a conductor.

The second heart event involves you walking up to her at night when she is near the waterfall, she is looking sad and starts crying, you approach her and she puts up a tough front saying that she was just rehearsing a song, after you get past her obvious lies she confesses that she had been reflecting on her mistakes after she apparently misread the name of a contestant in a cooking contest, she was feeling frustrated because that amateur mistake could have scarred that kid for the rest of his life or something, then she asks you to leave her alone, but you can choose to show some support, and if you do she stands there crying on your shoulder for like a whole minute, (and there's a funny moment with the goddess too)

I haven't found her third, and trust me, I've been trying, so it must have special weather or other requirements, and seeing as I'm already about to finish the last collab for Westown's S rank, I really don't think I'm gonna find it either.
Why does this conductor's guild sound like some sort of priesthood, I mean is being a conductor such a serious profession that you should remain single because of the training? That just sounds a bit...odd to me. Sounds like they're just trying to give reasons as to why these DLC characters are so hard to get. And it's funny considering Stephanie's attire gives her a youthful appearance...so I'm going to pretend we're closer in age because I'm an ageist. I have a first name few are able to pronounce right and after almost two decades of hearing it said wrong and seeing it spelled in every which way I'm happy that she actually cares about the pronounciation of names. Cheers for natural pink hair!
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote: omg the milfs of (M)FoMT, the bane of my existence.
oh man I know what you mean. I have never gotten over Anna. 9_9 </3
that game has a lot of dilfs too, I mean Basil and Duke?! And heck, even Doug. And Gotz! Woof.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

OctavieKnite88 wrote:Why does this conductor's guild sound like some sort of priesthood, I mean is being a conductor such a serious profession that you should remain single because of the training? That just sounds a bit...odd to me. Sounds like they're just trying to give reasons as to why these DLC characters are so hard to get.
Not really, especially if you're familiar with how entertainment industry in Japan and South Korea work. Some agencies enforce "No dating rule" as part of the contract agreement for the idols and stars. Here and here are some articles about it. Basically, it would be deemed slavery in the west, while this is part of what it means to work in the entertainment industry there.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

luph n joii wrote:
OctavieKnite88 wrote:Why does this conductor's guild sound like some sort of priesthood, I mean is being a conductor such a serious profession that you should remain single because of the training? That just sounds a bit...odd to me. Sounds like they're just trying to give reasons as to why these DLC characters are so hard to get.
Not really, especially if you're familiar with how entertainment industry in Japan and South Korea work. Some agencies enforce "No dating rule" as part of the contract agreement for the idols and stars. Here and here are some articles about it. Basically, it would be deemed slavery in the west, while this is part of what it means to work in the entertainment industry there.
Ah, that actually makes sense. Thank you for reminding me. I try to always keep the differing cultures in mind...so I feel bad for not doing so. But if that's the case they should have just made her a singer, honestly. I mean they even mention her singing ability often...and it would make more sense considering she decides to live in Westown and seems to have more western influences in terms of design. Also she constantly carries around a microphone. If she were a singer it would be easier to understand why she shouldn't date, as many celebrities in the west don't because of the drama. But oh well, I don't plan on marrying any females because the male sprites have weird bodies to me...and the faces don't look great in general for being the MC but wearing "female" clothing.
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

There is a new localization blog entry! Hopefully that means we're going to hear a real release date soon.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Moved the text conversation into Arcy's topic. There's no reason for two threads to be talking about the same thing.
Sforzur
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

New update today (12/14)! Looks like they're bringing us a new pet. Here's a sneak peek of its silhouette.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Cheburaska is a character from Soviet children's literature. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheburashka

They're adding it as a pet to the game?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

It is most likely something Japan-centric and not Russia. It looks familiar though. Kind of reminds me of the monkey from Super Monkey Ball, but it doesn't have the same cowlick on its head.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cheburashka? It is extremely a Russian thing, but perusing the internet shows that it did more recently gain popularity in Japan as well. I wonder when that started? In the aughts, perhaps?

I've never seen it before. As cute as it is, I really wish they'd stop adding what may amount to Japanese exclusive pets, since Hamtaro and Cheburashka may not be able to appear in other territories due to rights issues. There's a huge "copyright infringement" section on the wiki page for Cheburashka that makes me wary, and it is probably an even bigger problem in the PAL territories.