Is There A Big Money Making Crop like Flax from SoS?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey all,

I just was curious if there was a big money making crop in the game like turning flax into golden cloth was in the first SoS game. Thank you!
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, there isn't. Or at least not anything that can be unlocked so quickly.

Maple Trees to make Maple Butter and raising your animal qualities for better & more products are the major money tips I have seen so far, although there are probably a few cooking exploits for meager profits (per item, but substantial in a batch) as per usual. Early in the game, Part Time jobs and save scumming seem to be very profitable at a "sustain myself and fertilize things" level. However, it seems to be a lot more gradual of a process from "newbie" to "infinite cash" in this game, because in SoS all you had to do was unlock Flax and the Sewing Shed, which is especially easy on Seedling Mode.

It is worth noting that to dye certain cloth in this game you must use extremely valuable gems, so please only make the colored cloth that you need for each recipe you want to get.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I don't know if there is or not (and for me at least, I got the cloth maker and flax much later in the game than I did in SOS), but beyond the first season or so money has been NO problem at least on seedling. If there is one, it's probably not flax/golden cloth now; dyeing in this game takes extra materials like gems.

But again...even without focusing on money other than to work on my rank with the other towns, I'm a millionaire in early year 2. Not perhaps as ridiculously wealthy as in SOS, but very well off.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Maple Trees to make Maple Butter

And on that note...my maples were mature and dumb me couldn't figure out how to actually get the syrup or sap or whathaveyou out of 'em. So they are just sitting there on my farm being wastes of space LOL.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:And on that note...my maples were mature and dumb me couldn't figure out how to actually get the syrup or sap or whathaveyou out of 'em. So they are just sitting there on my farm being wastes of space LOL.
You have to buy maple sap/syrup buckets from Miranda and place them on each tree. I think I read something about them having a durability (3 harvests, maybe?).
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, thanks so much for the information! I appreciate it since I like to plan out what I'm going to do. I have mixed feelings on things being more balanced in this game, since I like being rich but also enjoy growing a variety of crops and such and it sounds like I won't be missing out if I do that this time.
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm really happy that the game is more balanced this time around.
On SoS, I had very little control in staying my hand and keeping away from flax, since it was such a ridiculous easier method of adquiring money.

Having more options will make me be happier in growing different stuff, I'll just proceed to ignore animals almost completely, as usual since I hate taking care of animals.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:And on that note...my maples were mature and dumb me couldn't figure out how to actually get the syrup or sap or whathaveyou out of 'em. So they are just sitting there on my farm being wastes of space LOL.
You have to buy maple sap/syrup buckets from Miranda and place them on each tree. I think I read something about them having a durability (3 harvests, maybe?).
Heh, I figured something like that. But hey, I figured when I was playing in a language I can read it'd be pretty obvious. My play over the last couple of weeks has been more derping around and poking things than my normal HM play.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I love the flax system in SoS, time to actually work on farm in 3oT for money. Especially since I'm not going with wealthy.