How important are livestock in this game?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:AFAIK, there's no specific use for the other egg/milk producers (other than specific varieties of cheese or mayo, which is probably one of the pretty replaceable ingredients); the fiber producers you'll probably need for various outfits. If you don't care about the outfits, you can probably skimp on those as well.

some of the various eggs/milks are probably decent gifts or ingredients for gifts. But if you really, REALLY don't want to keep certain animals, you could probably get away with it for the cows and fowl.

(I personally get vaguely annoyed by the utterly redundant brown alpaca....)
omg there are so many alpacas
Alpaca, brown alpaca, llama!!
If I didn't think that alpacas were the cutest thing it'd be really annoying to have so many, yeah, heh. It's kind of a shame how un-accessible it is to not have allll the fur animals.

I took a look at Cher's guide to see if there were town locks for milk (and eggs), and these were what I found:
Spoiler:
Ship Milk (Rank D Lock)
Collect Milk from your Cow and ship at least 30 of them to Tsuyukusa.

Ship Milk (Rank E Lock)
Collect milk from your cows and ship 10 bottles to Lulukoko.

Ship Processed Items (Rank C Lock)
Use the Milk Maker Machine to process milk, and then ship any 10 processed goods to the village. The Milk Maker is a Farm Circle you can ask Ludus to craft that requires 30 Iron, 20 Stone, and 20 Milk. It will convert milk into goods into cheese, butter, and yogurt. You don't need to ship 10 of the same processed goods; any 10 will be fine. (to Lulukoko).

Ship Animal Products (Rank B Lock)
You will be shipping milk, eggs, and wool to complete this lock criteria. You just need to ship a total of all animal products to Westown; you won't have to ship 500 eggs, 500 milk, and so on. (to Westown).

Ship Processed Goods (Rank B Lock)
Use the Milk Maker and the Winery to process 100 goods each to ship to Westown. These processing Farm Circles can be crafted at Ludus' shop in Lulukoko. You can ship any combination of each machine's processed goods to complete the requirement.

Ship Eggs (Rank E Lock)
Any type of egg will be fine, as long as the total is 10 or more. (to Tsuyukusa).
but most of those are open ended shipping requirements for egg/milk, and Tsukyusa is 'any kind of egg'. So hopefully it is any for the early milk ones, though tbh there might not even be jerseys or buffalos unlocked yet by the early point those locks are. (Point taken for the 'need a cow early on', though).
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm probably just going to have one of every animal to cover my bases. Although it really depends on what I need for clothes. But at least for Westown unlocks it looks like animals are a bit important.
I definitely want the bubble cow, a quail, alpaca and all of the bunnies. I hope I can just buy cloth from a store, really. Way too many animals. It'd be easier if there was just three of each type
imnotabanana
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I really love all the alpacas in every HM game, the alpaca wool cost a lot of money and they are highly important to me when playing all the recent HM games :heart:
Yvelk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Are there any screenshots of what the quail look like in game? And if anything needs to be done to unlock them?
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yvelk wrote:Are there any screenshots of what the quail look like in game? And if anything needs to be done to unlock them?
They come from Tsuyukusa, so you have to have that town.

Yvelk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Yvelk wrote:Are there any screenshots of what the quail look like in game? And if anything needs to be done to unlock them?
They come from Tsuyukusa, so you have to have that town.

Ohhhhh no they're so cute... ;w;

thank you so much for finding that link. I've been trying to find a screenshot since I found out quails were even in the game!
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yvelk wrote:Ohhhhh no they're so cute... ;w;

thank you so much for finding that link. I've been trying to find a screenshot since I found out quails were even in the game!
TBQH, one of my favorite things in ANB was making enormous monster-sized chickens. I am quite looking forward to the Quails. I'm not saying I'm going to force-feed them the Plumping Treats (The Green Ones, not sure of the localized name yet) until they are as big as they can get or anything. Yes, I am.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Yvelk wrote:Ohhhhh no they're so cute... ;w;

TBQH, one of my favorite things in ANB was making enormous monster-sized chickens. I am quite looking forward to the Quails. I'm not saying I'm going to force-feed them the Plumping Treats (The Green Ones, not sure of the localized name yet) until they are as big as they can get or anything. Yes, I am.

I don't think I have mine maxed out yet, but I don't think they get super huge. The cows though...and OMG, the bubble cow. Hooollleeeeee....dat's a big cow, Frank.

I'll never forget the first time I got a giant chicken in ANB. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CHICKEN? IS THIS A GLITCH?" Then it started happening to the cows. And the sheep LOL.
Yvelk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Wait. You can supersize chickens?? Like the in-game model gets bigger?? I don't remember this at all but I never used treats... I didn't think I could get anymore hyped for this game but hoooo boy I'm gonna make me some big birds.