XSeed is streaming Trio of Towns at 2:30 pst

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Kateros
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm excited to see what they'll be streaming! I hope I can put Berseria down long enough to remember to watch.
sadeofraine
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:On one hand, I wanna watch. On the other...I'm going to have it myself in 4 days and I'd rather leave as much as possible 'previously unseen', so I think I won't watch.
Same here. Back before SoS got released in NA, I sort of spoiled myself by watching the first several minutes of Lin and Ko's playthrough of it. This time around I have little idea of how it starts and progresses, and with it being released in only a few days I think I'll just wait. The anticipation will be worth it.

...not saying that I won't maybe pop in for a sec just to take a peek. :'D
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm sooo excited for the stream :lala:
I care less about watching the gameplay though, so much as hearing what the developers have to say, and if there's any DLC confirmation or not. I'm not worried about spoilers at all. (I know so much already! Too late to worry about spoilers now, for me.)
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Well, since I've already played in Japanese, I'll probably go ahead and watch. Be interesting to see what folks actually said to me when I was randomly mashing through text boxes. I doubt they will be showing anything really spoilery.

Plus, I am hoping they'll make a statement of some sort on the DLC. Guess I am sadly not expecting confirmation of yes or no on that before the games' release, but maybe an indication of which way they are leaning. I really, really, REALLY want that DLC.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

As someone who's watched a lot of XSEED streams, I don't think they'll start at the very beginning. They probably have a file all ready to be shown off. They did it for Return to PopoloCrois and Corpse Party 3DS. Cutscenes and tutorials take a lot of time to go through sometimes and chances are they have to stick to a time frame. I don't think they'd start at the very beginning for a game like this. I recall when the streamed an early build post E3 last year and they didn't start at the beginning there either. Chances are it'll be a file where all the marriage candidates and towns are unlocked. They can't very well show off all the towns if they're at the beginning of the game and 10+ odd days takes a few hours to play through naturally.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote:I'm not worried about spoilers at all. (I know so much already! Too late to worry about spoilers now, for me.)
Aw yissss, bus was on time so I'm home preparing to watch :wink:

Maybe I'm weird, but spoilers only rarely adversely affect me. If anything, they usually make me more excited to play.

Can't wait for it to begin!
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

When does this start in UK time? I've done enough math today :P
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PokeFarmer wrote:When does this start in UK time? I've done enough math today :P
Should be a few minutes.
AllisAurora
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

PokeFarmer wrote:When does this start in UK time? I've done enough math today :P
10:30 am??? Not sure, I just know it starts in 8 minutes, so I would click on the link then, and it should be streaming
Onion_Taka
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Stream is up Central Time!!!
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

So.... now.
Onion_Taka
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I have zero understanding of timezones :oops:
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Watching the stream rn, and just in case anyone doesn't want to be see, I put it under a tag.
Spoiler:
They're going though personalities - I don't want to pause, but I remember the money boosting one is Tycoon and the friendship-boosting one is Charmer. Looks like your mom's name is localized to Marlena.

Also, Henry and Holly are confirmed as the MCs default name.

EDIT: Little sister's name is Lynn.
GooseyGirl92
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

AllisAurora wrote: It would be nice to see if they made a DLC announcement, but you are probably right in that they are waiting to see how the sales go.
They said they're gonna do it!!! :D
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's probably just me but I don't see the appeal of someone else playing a HM/SoS game unless it's someone I know very well. Also since I'm going to get the game myself in a few days, then it could potentially ruin the experience if I already know about a lot of stuff that's in there.