Harvest sprite

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
sn0wyuki
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Will there be harvest sprite or event just sprite in 3OT? Just like the current sos even they re actually pretty useless and burdensome to make friends with in order to unlock friendship achievement
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

There are none.
modernmorphling
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

That is too bad, I liked the harvest sprites in SoS, I thought they were cute,
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Odd to have a HM/SoS without at least one Harvest Sprite :/
Though they were never mentioned so I guess I should've know.

I only really noticed them when they assisted me, otherwise I usually forgot about them :oops:
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I don't mind the lack of sprites, since they were basically useless (and caused some of the lag issue) in SOS, and in ANB they made you play that completely awful musical stump minigame. Oh, how I dread those every time I play...
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nobody has said so directly/officially, but I think "Harvest Sprite" and "Harvest Goddess" are names they decided to let go of with the Natsume break up. SoS ones were Nature Sprites, etcetera.

As they haven't really helped on the farm in many, many, many, many games, it is okay by me if they simply replace them with human NPCs (as it seems they did in this game),
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I didn't see anything that looked like harvest/nature sprites when watching the livestream today, if that counts for anything. I also haven't ever read of anything resembling a sprite in the numerous events involving magical 3oT characters, or in the one marriage event I've read about that does have other magical characters.

I loathed the sprites in SoS.... they did nothing, had no icon on the map, and got in my way when I was trying to forage D:< and were just a burden to folks who wanted to get the befriend everyone achievement!!! So I'm really glad if they're actually gone.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah. Even though they're cute, I'm actually glad that they're gone.
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Who's gone?

I never really paid that much attention to them in SOS. They just got in the way.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If they were actually useful like in the old games I'd miss them more. But they haven't been useful in a while. Also pfft the stump minigame was bad? That was child's play compared to DS and DS: Cute. Unlocking 60 of the sprites just to get married, some of which had ridiculous requirements... that's the only time the Harvest Sprites have truly annoyed me. :lol: Otherwise, they've been helpful, or they've been useless.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I only care about the sprites when they can do farm work for me like in HMDS/CUTE and IoH/SI. Otherwise, they have no purpose. Though I thought that Torque was cute, they were all useless and got in my way. I didn't ever talk to them and sped through their introduction events. I'm fine with never seeing them again, after all Dessie has Witchie to talk to.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I liked Harvest/Nature Sprites, but I won't miss them. In the last game, SoS, it really felt like, to me, that even they were wondering what they were doing there.

Torque was my favourite, because she looked like she'd been the first to figure it out and had just accepted it for what it was, while simultaneously being 1 000 000 % done with our shenanigans :P
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The Nature Sprites in SoS were cute, but honestly serve no purpose for me. I won't miss them and the new magical trio we instead get in Trio of Towns seems more awesome and involved.

Now, if only they could be useful again like during my Mineral Town days....It'd be another story. But for now, I prefer have more villagers or more variations in magical deities.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:The Nature Sprites in SoS were cute, but honestly serve no purpose for me. I won't miss them and the new magical trio we instead get in Trio of Towns seems more awesome and involved.

Now, if only they could be useful again like during my Mineral Town days....It'd be another story. But for now, I prefer have more villagers or more variations in magical deities.
That´s exactly my opinion.
During the years and games, there have been so many harvest sprites, wanting to be found for some benefits in the game, but they have never been really usefull to me.
In the two harvest moon games from Natsume, they seem more usefull in an easier way, but in SOS and ANB I just don´t liked them.

I would be happy, if they would get a bit back to the roots, so you could also marry an older Harvest Goddess (or how they gonna call her).
Dessie and Witchie are cute, but I miss the times, where they fought about little things and you could unravel their story.

Inari is from my point of view a new try in this direction, so I´m happy with it (good ol´ day, when you could marry Kappa).
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

They're cute, but honestly they don't have too much importance. I can't imagine them fitting in with the plot of this game, just like they didn't have plot relevance in SoS. It's a new experience to have a game without sprites. Although iirc Grand Bazaar didn't have sprites either? Unless I just have a crappy memory?