XSeed is streaming Trio of Towns at 2:30 pst

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
ryoko11
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Thank goodness! Why the hell did they call him an ex-employee then? Other than trying to give someone a heart attack...
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ryoko11 wrote:Thank goodness! Why the hell did they call him an ex-employee then? Other than trying to give someone a heart attack...
What part did they reference him as "ex-employee"? I'm rewatching it now and during the "99 left, buy soon/99 luftballons" part they do say he left the team on 3oT to handle voice recordings for Akiba's Beat, which was the name I couldn't remember earlier.
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I don't remember them saying 'ex-employee'...
ryoko11
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

It was late in the stream iirc. They went into Westown (from Tsuyakusa where it was raining, I think) and to the vendor trying to trigger a specific line that they kept saying was "a very Tom line". The vendor seemed to say everything but the line they wanted, and they gave up and just tried to describe the line a bit so people would know when they played it on their own.

I remember hearing the words 99 Luft balloons earlier in the stream, but I missed a bunch around that section thanks to my cat being a little troublemaker.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just watched that part and they don't refer to him as an ex-employee.

Timestamp starts at around 1:18 on the final (long) portion from the end of the stream where their internet didn't keep going out.

They pointed out two lines that Tom was responsible for, and the third one is contingent on unlocking new items, which they weren't able to see since it was a one-off dialogue about fishing pole bait instead. They then immediately moved to the Materials vendor.
FrankieStein
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

AllisAurora wrote:One thing that I thought was neat was the pocket calendar, which is item you can buy. It takes up a slot in your rucksack and you can check villagers' birthdays and other events when you are out and about. It's nice to have it on the go with you.
I am so happy about this added feature! :heart: It's going to help with remembering all the events in this game :lol: There are so many! :shock:

I really wish there was a way of knowing the weather.. like the tv from SoS. I don't understand why they removed that :?
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Okay, now I want to straight out ask if Tom is still an employee. Because I ADORE the puns and I honestly can't think who else would be better to do Woofio than him.

#teamtom
HlaineL
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Also happy about the pocket calendar!~

Regarding the personality traits, yeah it does feel nitpicky but I also would greatly prefer to be an athlete over sports enthusiast, and wealthy/millionaire over tycoon :X It has a completely different feel. Since I planned on picking wealthy I had this character constructed in my mind already of a spoiled princess-type character for myself and "tycoon" just makes me feel like a big business owner which is totally different.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HlaineL wrote:Also happy about the pocket calendar!~

Regarding the personality traits, yeah it does feel nitpicky but I also would greatly prefer to be an athlete over sports enthusiast, and wealthy/millionaire over tycoon :X It has a completely different feel. Since I planned on picking wealthy I had this character constructed in my mind already of a spoiled princess-type character for myself and "tycoon" just makes me feel like a big business owner which is totally different.
It IS nitpicky and doesn't matter, but even so, what I think of when I hear 'sports enthusiast' is not an athlete with higher than usual endurance, which is what I think would fit the higher-endurance personality type. Nope, what I have the privilege of invisioning is a guy (or a girl, some ladies do this, too) sitting on the couch with nachos and a beer, shouting at the tv while the Super Bowl is on. *shrug*

On the other hand, I would have had less of a problem with 'sportsman', which sounds more like someone who actually participates in sports, to me...but I'm sure they wouldn't use that because it is gender exclusive, and 'sportsperson' doesn't sound right.

That's my guess on that name, anyway. And it's my own problems that it doesn't fit right in my head, lol. Just for me, I would have prefered 'athlete', that's all. :)
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Is the stream up anywhere? I missed it yesterday. :(
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This should be it: But I don't know what part that is...I didn't watch. There seem to be several from the same time period...several others are listed at the site I posted. (This is all of them.) It might be better to find the full thing on YouTube.

This is XSEED's YouTube channel and I assume the full of the live stream will go up here sooner or later https://www.youtube.com/user/XSEEDgames
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 25, 2017 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
AllisAurora
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:Is the stream up anywhere? I missed it yesterday. :(

There are some spoilers. Lisette's friend event triggered when they were playing the girl file, so I ended up covering the screen while it was going on. Luckily the XSEED employees were chatting about other things while it was going on, so you could still listen to their conversation.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@translation nitpicking: Yes every translator works a little differently, but I get sick and tired of people who don't understand a lick of Japanese getting up in arms about the tiniest features that aren't to their exact specifications.

Speaking as an ex-fan translator, most fan translations are « Cow Poopoo ». I know I stopped doing the work because it was a huge waste of time, the fanbase is steeped in confirmation bias and will latch onto something that was poorly translated (more google-ese than English, or "charming" Natsume garbledygook) and ignore things that are accurately translated (both literally and in spirit). Sometimes all it takes is a difference of one word for someone to go "it lost all the special meaning abooboohoo".

XSEED may not be perfect (there's no such thing) but they do a good job. If you have an issue with how they translated a couple words you see once and never again, maybe you invested too much energy into something you don't really understand.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We're aware that it IS nitpicking and aren't lodging complaints with XSEED or any such thing. I didn't see anyone getting 'up in arms'. If they did, I missed it.

*shrug* I feel how I feel, that's all. I can't apologize for that. Not sincerely, anyway.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Lol Idt fin was looking for an apology but more of to tell people who barely know the language to stop « Baaaa *glomp* » like they could do the jobs of professionals better than them. Because it's just straight up rude imo