XSeed is streaming Trio of Towns at 2:30 pst

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
quincy52
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

HlaineL wrote:A lot of stuff happened since last post :shock:

Following up on athlete/sports enthusiast etc. I didn't even think of it coming off as nitpicking the translation. I meant it in a more of a "I like one concept, but not the other". Nothing to do with how accurately I think they translated. Even if it was 100% accurate I still like the concept of being an athlete over sports fan. Aaanyways just wanted to clarify and talk about the game really. Didn't mean to point fingers or anything at XSeed or anyone else.
There wasn't anything wrong with what you or anyone else said, until the comments stopped being about Trio of Towns and started focusing individuals. Crazy how hostile this community has gotten BUT that's off topic! I think Athlete/Athletic would have made more sense but I probably won't be using that trait so it's not a big deal to me.

I actually missed the streaming so I'll go catch up and watch it now! Has there ever been a streaming of a HM/SoS before this?
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

quincy52 wrote:

Following up on athlete/sports enthusiast etc. I didn't even think of it coming off as nitpicking the translation. I meant it in a more of a "I like one concept, but not the other". Nothing to do with how accurately I think they translated. Even if it was 100% accurate I still like the concept of being an athlete over sports fan. Aaanyways just wanted to clarify and talk about the game really. Didn't mean to point fingers or anything at XSeed or anyone else.
There wasn't anything wrong with what you or anyone else said, until the comments stopped being about Trio of Towns and started focusing individuals. Crazy how hostile this community has gotten BUT that's off topic! I think Athlete/Athletic would have made more sense but I probably won't be using that trait so it's not a big deal to me.

I actually missed the streaming so I'll go catch up and watch it now! Has there ever been a streaming of a HM/SoS before this?
Spoiler:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Personally, translations never bothered me unless something was specifically changed in order to censor something. But even then, sometimes there is just no way around it when bringing a game to another country. I guess it's just because i don't know Japanese other than a few vocab words I remembered from my high school class back in the day, though XDD

I really liked how much they showed off in the live stream. Not many spoilers (assuming you count the event as a spoiler) but that was easy enough to simply not watch and just listen instead. The only 'complaints' I have so far about the game is 1) your picture in the upper left hand corner is always the default MC. and 2) some of the game sprites don't match portrait art like.. at all. Especially Ludus! TT^TT I wish his skin and hair matched a bit better.
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Personally, translations never bothered me unless something was specifically changed in order to censor something. But even then, sometimes there is just no way around it when bringing a game to another country. I guess it's just because i don't know Japanese other than a few vocab words I remembered from my high school class back in the day, though XDD

I really liked how much they showed off in the live stream. Not many spoilers (assuming you count the event as a spoiler) but that was easy enough to simply not watch and just listen instead. The only 'complaints' I have so far about the game is 1) your picture in the upper left hand corner is always the default MC. and 2) some of the game sprites don't match portrait art like.. at all. Especially Ludus! TT^TT I wish his skin and hair matched a bit better.

^ that was me, i forgot my login info haha.

But to add onto this, I wish they would actually stream more of the game. I got the itch to watch it, but nobody to watch XD I was hoping someone who got it early would stream on twitch, but that's highly unlikely as i'd assume they would get in trouble for it?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

There are a few american players who've streamed the game and put their videos on youtube! Also there's a new video by pastelia peaches (I only know her since i was part of the acnl fandom on tumblr and she had quite a presence on there lol), you can find it by searching "pastelia peaches story of seasons" on youtube. It shows her playing the japanese version but she translates or speaks over what she's doing so that was fun to watch to get a feel of the game :lala:
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:There are a few american players who've streamed the game and put their videos on youtube! Also there's a new video by pastelia peaches (I only know her since i was part of the acnl fandom on tumblr and she had quite a presence on there lol), you can find it by searching "pastelia peaches story of seasons" on youtube. It shows her playing the japanese version but she translates or speaks over what she's doing so that was fun to watch to get a feel of the game :lala:
really? thanks! I'll have to check it out after finishing this project for class XD I'm so excited for this game, even just thinking about it is so distracting haha
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote:
quincy52 wrote:

Spoiler:
As someone who has spent nearing nine years on and off of this website, I can confirm the hostility is not a new thing (and that was nothing compared to some of the highlights). :lol:

Anyways. I'm debating finishing watching the livestream or just waiting till Tuesday morning when I can play in English on my own. I watched some of it though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anyone is still looking to watch the stream at this point, XSEED has put up a link: