Which type soil to buy?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

How do we know which soil to buy when expanding our farm?
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

If you want Ludus to make you extra field farm circles, you'll need 10 dry soil per field (2 plots/field).
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Later on you'll unlock other fields that take the other soils. If you're at the start of the game, the dry soil is all you can use anyway.

But switching to the "soft" fields right away (I forget what they are called in English) is a good idea, because stuff grows a lot faster on them.
LightHawKnight
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:Later on you'll unlock other fields that take the other soils. If you're at the start of the game, the dry soil is all you can use anyway.

But switching to the "soft" fields right away (I forget what they are called in English) is a good idea, because stuff grows a lot faster on them.
Unless you want more fertilizing time.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

LightHawKnight wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:Later on you'll unlock other fields that take the other soils. If you're at the start of the game, the dry soil is all you can use anyway.

Yup, pros and cons to both. Regrowing veggies you'll make a lot more money off of the faster growth cycle, and still get to fertilize just as much. Longer growth stuff like soybeans and wheat take an age anyway. The seed maker is so fast in this game that generally I've found the faster growth to produce more money.

Still wondering if the soft soil will affect regrowth on trees...because in the course of a year you can bump the quality up on fruit trees pretty high. That's a pretty good source of income even before getting the wine maker.
Musashi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:
LightHawKnight wrote:

Yup, pros and cons to both. Regrowing veggies you'll make a lot more money off of the faster growth cycle, and still get to fertilize just as much. Longer growth stuff like soybeans and wheat take an age anyway. The seed maker is so fast in this game that generally I've found the faster growth to produce more money.

Still wondering if the soft soil will affect regrowth on trees...because in the course of a year you can bump the quality up on fruit trees pretty high. That's a pretty good source of income even before getting the wine maker.
According to my guide book, it makes fruit regrow faster.

And if you can make the "maiden with shield" or whatever it is called statue (complete second task set given by your father or get Dessie to 20000 FP) to get a bonus in the quality of maker products I prefer the soft soil to get my all 100% crops faster.