Good stamina restoration for early game?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

i'm about halfway thru Summer 1, just unlocked the third town, so I'm still pretty early. I'm playing in veteran mode. I'm wondering what the best cooking for restoring stamina is? I have a cow and a chicken, so I've been using hot milk. Was hoping to find the boiled or fried egg recipes but they seem pretty high in the reputation level which might take awhile to unlock. I'm running out of stamina with 12 crops to water each day, and then I have to use the hot milk to mine the current two mining spots I've unlocked, but after that, I'm beat. With tight money, I don't wanna patronize the restaurants until I feel a little more self-sufficient.
Musashi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:i'm about halfway thru Summer 1, just unlocked the third town, so I'm still pretty early. I'm playing in veteran mode. I'm wondering what the best cooking for restoring stamina is? I have a cow and a chicken, so I've been using hot milk. Was hoping to find the boiled or fried egg recipes but they seem pretty high in the reputation level which might take awhile to unlock. I'm running out of stamina with 12 crops to water each day, and then I have to use the hot milk to mine the current two mining spots I've unlocked, but after that, I'm beat. With tight money, I don't wanna patronize the restaurants until I feel a little more self-sufficient.
Try to upgrade your tools if you haven't done it yet; reducing the stamina consumption per use even by one is a great deal. If you have half a heart or more friendship with the villagers you can have a meal with them. Try to complete as many part-time jobs as possible. Sometimes you will get some food as a reward.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pudding is an easy one, and can also be used to win the cooking contest... milk + egg. You can get the recipe in westown.
Turny
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

EDIT: whoops i misread about the restaurants. But if you sold the hot milk every day i'm pretty sure you could afford the one from tsukuyasa (pretty sure 1 star hot milk sells for at lest like... 240 something?)
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Pudding is an easy one, and can also be used to win the cooking contest... milk + egg. You can get the recipe in westown.
I was doing pudding but by the time I got it it was more cost effective to ship it and buy meals.
At least half my income is pudding.

That being said, it IS a food that gives a lot of energy so if you need a snack that you have available anytime this is a great bet.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Planting crops that will yield many harvest like tomatoes and yams are always a good idea as you can use them to make yourself some simple meal. Omelets are nice too as you can get a speed boost at the same time.
anissina
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Coffee is pretty nice. You have to buy coffee packs but it restores a good amount and you can use it for gifts for Wayne if you want to get his heart level up.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the boiled egg recipe (sort of my standby) isn't available until criminally late in this game. Also, once again we have a farmer who is too dumb to boil an egg without specific instructions. Sigh.

Early game I mostly survived on meals with Noel and Miranda; every other day she has a meal that does fishing bonus and stamina regen, and that is hugely helpful.

I also took on as many of the "starts immediately" jobs as I possibly could. Those usually provided enough for my farmer to buy an additional meal if needed, and once you gain affection with various people they may randomly give you a food reward as well. Lower value stuff you can eat; higher value stuff can be sold to fund other meals.

Also, can we talk about how our Dad is intentionally setting us up to fail? The house we are given doesn't even have a dang kitchen. Blah blah blah, game logic and all, but you'd think if your parents would at least try to make sure that you don't STARVE while you (as they expect) fail as a farmer. I mean, if it was me in this situation, I'd probably be smart enough to set up a small campfire to cook a bit, but still.
LightHawKnight
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I really like eating at Zahau's family. They start eating around 10 am, and they usually serve a bread dish that will restore your stamina from half a heart to 5 (Which is my current max) and give the recovery bonus effect, which restores half a heart every 30 min. I usually stop by after my morning watering/animal care.