Does Kasumi ever change her stance on men?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm thinking about dating her but the whole "I hate men" shtick is getting grating.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm guessing yes since you can eventually marry her. Probably one of those things where she warms up to you over the course of the flower events.
Lccorp2
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The root of her "I hate men" thing is her Daddy Issues.

It doesn't so much go away as she makes an exception for you, if you do romance her.
B7N
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

It's amazing how quick she is to change her rhetoric from "don't talk to me without a good reason you savage" to "you have opened my eyes to a new world of unknown guilty pleasures!" and from what I watched on the Japanese youtube channels, her red heart line is cute as heck, but it still gives a subtle hint that her stance on the subject of adult men being rambunctious savages hasn't exactly changed, she will at least concede that not ALL of us are, but she always keeps a pride of sorts.

Don't know how much of a spoiler that will be, but it happens within the first 4 events, and that is just all too quick in my opinion, I mean why would someone who has been so dead set on a particular stance suddenly change after knowing you? probably after getting into a relationship with you, but before that, it makes no sense.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I see. Thanks for the responses, I think I'll just go for Iluka instead.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Lccorp2 wrote:The root of her "I hate men" thing is her Daddy Issues.
Is this for real? I have yet to unlock her, so I know almost nothing about her character.
B7N wrote:It's amazing how quick she is to change her rhetoric from "don't talk to me without a good reason you savage" to "you have opened my eyes to a new world of unknown guilty pleasures!" and from what I watched on the Japanese youtube channels, her red heart line is cute as heck, but it still gives a subtle hint that her stance on the subject of adult men being rambunctious savages hasn't exactly changed, she will at least concede that not ALL of us are, but she always keeps a pride of sorts.

Don't know how much of a spoiler that will be, but it happens within the first 4 events, and that is just all too quick in my opinion, I mean why would someone who has been so dead set on a particular stance suddenly change after knowing you? probably after getting into a relationship with you, but before that, it makes no sense.
I agree, but if she actually hates men as much as everyone is saying, it makes almost as little sense for her to get into a relationship with a man in the first place.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The Ninja wrote:I see. Thanks for the responses, I think I'll just go for Iluka instead.
Iluka is just as insulting as Kasumi tho lol
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
The Ninja wrote:I see. Thanks for the responses, I think I'll just go for Iluka instead.
How so?

Iluka might not be the nicest person either but she's waaay better than Kasumi IMO. Iluka might be full of herself but at least she's not saying "did I mention that men are terrible people btw?" every five seconds.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The Ninja wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
How so?

Iluka might not be the nicest person either but she's waaay better than Kasumi IMO. Iluka might be full of herself but at least she's not saying "did I mention that men are terrible people btw?" every five seconds.
She never loses her sharp tounge either. If something like that bothers you, you cuold go for a different candidate? Komari is not at all insulting, is adorable and she is a tomboy like them! Or well there are other four girls to pick from if it is a problem! :lol:
Pluupy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Uncle Frank was right.

Wayne is the best wife.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
The Ninja wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
How so?

She never loses her sharp tounge either. If something like that bothers you, you cuold go for a different candidate? Komari is not at all insulting, is adorable and she is a tomboy like them! Or well there are other four girls to pick from if it is a problem! :lol:
I don't mind Iluka's sharp tongue; I see her more as a tsundere in some ways.

Kasumi's constant reminders of how much she hates men, on the other hand, honestly makes me legit uncomfortable and I'd rather not deal with that.
Lccorp2

Post  Posted:

gossipstone wrote:
Lccorp2 wrote:The root of her "I hate men" thing is her Daddy Issues.
Is this for real? I have yet to unlock her, so I know almost nothing about her character.
It's pretty easily inferred from a number of her lines that reference her strict, controlling father. For example, there's one about how her father disapproved of her learning Kanji because she was a woman, and she crows about how she still learned in secret and now can teach it to anyone as a teacher.

From there, it's a small jump to her imprinting her hate of her dad on all men. If it was a male character who hated all women because his mom was terrible to him he'd be labelled a misogynist, but if you switch the sexes around it's just peachy keen - not.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Lccorp2 wrote: From there, it's a small jump to her imprinting her hate of her dad on all men. If it was a male character who hated all women because his mom was terrible to him he'd be labelled a misogynist, but if you switch the sexes around it's just peachy keen - not.
actually it is, when one has a reason, such as mass oppression. the oppressed class is perfectly within their right to hate the oppressor class. you, as a class, can't oppress a group of people and expect them not to hold it against you, since even if you personally haven't actively harmed them, you still benefit from them being harmed. this is why it's racist for a white person to hate all black people, but not for a black person to hate all white people, and enslaving an entire race for 500 years and everything that's come after it will certainly do that.

in this instance, you the player didn't have to actively keep her from getting an education, because all men benefit from women being denied an education. and even if you didn't benefit, she's certainly within her right to resent men for not having to fight for the right to access education like she did. especially when men like you are referring to her talking about getting an education when she was denied that right as "crowing". why wouldn't she hate you? think about it. would you refer to another man talking about being denied an education and getting one in secret as "crowing"?

you don't have to like it, but she is well within her right to feel that way.
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

obviously kasumi was supposed to be a lesbian but the whole thing got canned at the last minute.
Lccorp2

Post  Posted:

Lol SJW « Puppy Doodoo » in these forums.

Get out pls.