Does Kasumi ever change her stance on men?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Kasumi doesn't strike me as lesbian. She doesn't have any dialogue with women that I can think of that make me feel she may romantically be intetested in them. I don't even get a bisexual vibe from her. Though since I'm bi and she treats men and women so different I'm excited to get to know her in both my files. I befriended her in my Japanese copy already playing as a girl but didn't get the full effect of her dialogue.
Same with Iluka.. She's just a tsun that's irritated with how men try to flirt with her and her sister at their restaurant and has a hard time expressing her feelings. It makes it more endearing when she DOES say something nice or you see her sort of struggle with realizing she likes the MC romantically.
Pluupy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I feel like you guys are going way too deep into this.

Kasumi is a strong female character. A strong Japanese woman who don't need no man. Think about the type of environment Tsuyukasa is based upon, which appears to be of old Japan. Women were not treated as equals, nothing more than an object to serve men. It's pretty prevalent in Japanese culture of women needing to be a good wife for the man even today. Kasumi fends for herself, earns her own money. That is her character. It's been done time and time again in anime and it's always cool, imo.

And I 100% guarantee Iluka is just a tsundere, and I ain't just talkin pigtails, either.

I'm not sure where you guys are pulling homosexuality out of this. Apparently, a woman cannot irrationally despise men without also being sexually attracted to women.
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pluupy wrote:
I'm not sure where you guys are pulling homosexuality out of this. Apparently, a woman cannot irrationally despise men without also being sexually attracted to women.
I want Kasumi to be gay because I am gay and I want to marry her as a girl
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Pluupy wrote:Uncle Frank was right.

Wayne is the best wife.
Okay, so it wasn't just me. Uncle Frank has a huuuuuuuuge mancrush on Wayne.
AllisAurora
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:
Pluupy wrote:Uncle Frank was right.

Wayne is the best wife.
Okay, so it wasn't just me. Uncle Frank has a huuuuuuuuge mancrush on Wayne.

Lol, I think so too. Also, sometimes I see Wayne at Frank's house while Frank is playing the guitar.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Pluupy wrote:I feel like you guys are going way too deep into this.

Kasumi is a strong female character. A strong Japanese woman who don't need no man. Think about the type of environment Tsuyukasa is based upon, which appears to be of old Japan. Women were not treated as equals, nothing more than an object to serve men. It's pretty prevalent in Japanese culture of women needing to be a good wife for the man even today. Kasumi fends for herself, earns her own money. That is her character. It's been done time and time again in anime and it's always cool, imo.

And I 100% guarantee Iluka is just a tsundere, and I ain't just talkin pigtails, either.

^This. So much this. I couldn't said it better myself. I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who feels this way.

People are taking this wayyyy too seriously. That's all I have to say about it.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

All drama aside, reading through this thread really makes me want to start a boy file so I can have him go for Kasumi. She totally reminds me of my younger self, though I didn't really hate all males my age, I had friends that were guys, I just carried the general opinion that most younger males were either morons or very immature, leading me to believe I was going to live happily ever after single. I may have been a bit intimidating too. (You go Kasumi!) Then a certain chess nerd eventually came into the picture, that all changed for me, so I am sure a certain farmer may grow on Kasumi too. :heart: I may even name my boy farmer after my husband! :lol:
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Y'all can pry my polly dating Kasumi headcannon out of my cold dead fingers. :lol:
((I kid but seriously she is the one I pick for those festivals since apparently despite being interested in both I'm supposed to go with girls... Even though I'm not allowed to invite my SO... RIGHT...))

Seriously, meanness aside ((cause that's not cool and all)) who really cares that people see something in a way others do not?

I mean, again not condoning getting rude, but the fact that people enjoy things differently and see things differently is a part of life.
Mecha-Lollipop

Post  Posted:

The issue is falling where people that either haven't unlocked her or don't know her character well in game yet are giving incorrect or..dramatized versions of her personality and giving other people a wrong impression. Then using those wrong impressions to outline her "obviously" being a lesbian.
It's fine to head cannon a character as lesbian. I find the Wayne/Ford pairing cute even though I don't see either of them as gay (personally) because people are using actual lines to explain why.
A majority of what I'm seeing from Kasumi is "She hates men so she's a lesbian!" When even saying she hates men is extreme and disliking certain "typical" male traits =/= being a lesbian.
anissina
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm not even going to touch the whole 'is she a lesbian' argument...

I totally see how her 'I hate men' thing can keep someone from going after her though! I am 27, personally, I find the super young looking boys a bit too young. In this case Hinata, though he isn't NEARLY as young looking as some others. I usually end up going for 'older' candidates. In SOS that was Klaus but I couldn't stand him because every time you tried talking to him he just wouldn't shut up about how much older he is. It was downright obnoxious.

I just wish they would stop assuming the age of the character for us and let those of us who imagine our mc being a bit closer to our own age not have to constantly listen to 'older' characters who do nothing but say they are so much older then us and how could we possibly be attracted to them, and constantly ripping on themselves for it. Self loathing is not attractive.

Fortunately Ford seems to avoid that with the exception being his reverse confession. :)
chanko
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i, for one, would love to spend all day complaining about men and holding hands with my lesbian wife kasumi but that's just my opinion
Beedlebud

Post  Posted:

chanko wrote:i, for one, would love to spend all day complaining about men and holding hands with my lesbian wife kasumi but that's just my opinion
This so much.
B7N
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I stopped reading when I saw "oppressed" and I'm gonna post this because I have nothing to lose getting banned from a girls' forum.

Imma tell you one thing, for someone who swings towards secularism, these girls have a tendency to fall into the same old circular thinking that religious people have almost invented, because trust me, I've had enough of the same "I'm a victim therefore I'm right" arguments, which is an argumentum ad passiones, and this circlejerk of logical fallacies is already way past the tolerable « Male Cow Poopoo » limit, everyone outside your little safe space knows it, so do yourself a favor and keep your femevangelism to yourself and your cult members.

And to bring the thread back to where it was, from whatever little dialogue I got to see from Kasumi post-engagement, her character is still flimsy and inconsistent, and when her reason to resent men becomes "clear" it gets even worse, because that gives you as the main character more grounds to question and challenge her notions and realize that it makes no sense for her to change her stance because of you, there's no actual reason why she should in the first place, the whole incident with Ginjirou is not a good enough reason, anyone could have been there and done that, so I'd say all in all, the character is still lacking, and whether she changes her stance on men or not isn't even the problem when you think about why she even would want to, and when you think of it that kinda reminds me of Iroha's story even, because even though it did make sense, it crashes at the end when she becomes the most lovable and devoted yamato nadeshiko in the entire HM series, so it's like

"hey Iroha how come you never got married?"
"because I like blacksmithing too much"
"You can get married and still forge"
"Oh, I didn't know that"

It's like someone thinks of the concept for these characters, but someone else is in charge of scripting the actual in-game interactions, and the result is that it just doesn't adds up.

PS: Someone had to do it. No further replies from me
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
this whole « Snuggly Bunny » thread istg
Blademaster_Aio
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

In the case of Iroha, she was told she should just get married and not blacksmith. So she struck out on her own, and found someone who was fine with her smithing.