Taming Boss Monsters RF4

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

So is there any tips to higher the chance of taming monsters in general? like for example throw a lot of items in before the monster decline or just once at a time? It's no problem with throwing grasses to normal monster, but i dont want to waste extremely rare or items that i can sell for 1,000,000 G too much to tame Boss Monsters
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I found a lot of info on this on the gameFAQs site, it's long but I hope some of it helps!
"
As a general reminder, bosses cannot be tamed during your first encounter with them, and Death Wall (in rune prana) and Ambrosia in Yokmir Forest have to be out of their first forms before they're tameable.

As a general reminder, brushing the boss beforehand increases the likelihood of a tame succeeding, and it's believed that the monster being angry also helps. That said, all taming success/failure is random, so unless you want to reset constantly, bring multiple copies of the items needed for taming. And if you're taming something above your level, change that to "multiple stacks", as the odds are very low, but still possible. And of course, any boss with a "2" after its name is also tameable with the same items.

Ambrosia: Ultra Toyherb, King Pink Cat, Great Charm Blue, Ultra Moondrop Flower
Thunderbolt: Royal Carrot
Marionetta: Cake, Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake, Apple Pie
Sarcophagus: Gold Juice, Mixed Juice, Mixed Smoothie
Emerald (Boss-sized Green Fairy): Big Green Crystal
Olive (Boss-sized Yellow Fairy): Big White Crystal
Rouge (Boss-sized Red Fairy): Big Red Crystal
Marin (Boss-sized Blue Fairy): Big Blue Crystal
Grimoire: Giant Golden Vegetables (Pumpkin/Cabbage/Turnip/Potato)
Terrable/Terraclone: Turnips Heaven
Fiersome/Fiergaengar: Gold Juice
Aquaticus/Aquameleon: Union Stew
Greater Demon: Big Fireflower, Big Autumn Grass
Chimera: Royal Curry, Ultimate Curry
G. Golem: Orichalcum
Siren: Great 4-Leaf Clover
Dead Tree: Formula C, Greenifier+
Octopirate: Grilled Snapper, Grilled L. Snapper, Grilled G. Snapper
Bane Dragon: Rockfish Stew
Crystal Mammoth: King Pineapple
Hinoe & Kinoto (Red & Blue Lions): Salted Char, Grilled L. Snapper, Grilled G. Snapper
Death Wall: Ice Cream
Magnuto, Ancient Bone, Rafflesia, Sano, Uno, and all Floating Empire bosses are untameable.

And as for the "are they good?" question - yes, just about any boss is useful. Early on, Thunderbolt and Ambrosia are especially well-liked bosses for getting through the storyline. Marionetta as well, but one of her spells incapacitates enemies for quite a while, which is annoying when conserving time.

If attempting to tame high-level Sharance Maze bosses, the "easiest" tames are Grimoire, G. Golem, Crystal Mammoth, and Dead Tree, as all have stackable taming items that are more easily attainable in high quantities... And they're all excellent allies, though I'd put Dead Tree a slight notch below those other three. Any other boss will probably work out great, though I was personally underwhelmed by the two Lions.

Also, the normal sized elemental fairies (Blue/Yellow/Red/Green) are not bosses and can be tamed with any junk like a regular enemy. "
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yes thanks, I want to know how to higher the tame chance and your advice on brushing does help. But also is higher level is a condition or the higher your level the better the tame rate? I'm taiming Aquamelon at level 128 while my level is somewhere near 150. Make the boss angry in other hand may not work since the boss item most likely to recover the boss monster to full hp and also increase his max HP
Peridot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yes, level does effect your ability to tame a boss. Attempting to tame a boss monster (or any monster, really) below its level will make it considerably hard, but not impossible. The higher your level from the monster, the higher your chance to tame it. Keep in mind though that boss monsters in particular have an extremely low tame rate. I attempted to tame Thunderbolt (level 15) at around level 160 and it still took over 10 soft resets.

The amount of hp a boss has on the other hand, does NOT effect how likely you are to tame it. Getting a boss enraged does not give you a higher chance to tame it, so you're better off brushing at the beginning of a battle, throwing your items and hoping for the best.

Also items infused with the Love element are speculated to help with taming when you hit the monster, as each hit raises their affection a tiny bit (though it's unnoticeable).

So a battle with a boss should go similar to this:
1) Engage battle. Start brushing.
2) When the boss no longer has a musical note appearing over its head, you're done brushing. Take out your (preferably weak) Love weapon and start smackin'.
3) After what you feel is ample enough time, throw those items!!
4) If you're lucky, you'll have tamed, if not and you're out of items, reset and start again from step 1.

It all boils down to luck, so here's to hoping you have a lot of it!
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Peridot wrote:Yes, level does effect your ability to tame a boss. Attempting to tame a boss monster (or any monster, really) below its level will make it considerably hard, but not impossible. The higher your level from the monster, the higher your chance to tame it. Keep in mind though that boss monsters in particular have an extremely low tame rate. I attempted to tame Thunderbolt (level 15) at around level 160 and it still took over 10 soft resets.

The amount of hp a boss has on the other hand, does NOT effect how likely you are to tame it. Getting a boss enraged does not give you a higher chance to tame it, so you're better off brushing at the beginning of a battle, throwing your items and hoping for the best.

Also items infused with the Love element are speculated to help with taming when you hit the monster, as each hit raises their affection a tiny bit (though it's unnoticeable).

So a battle with a boss should go similar to this:
1) Engage battle. Start brushing.
2) When the boss no longer has a musical note appearing over its head, you're done brushing. Take out your (preferably weak) Love weapon and start smackin'.
3) After what you feel is ample enough time, throw those items!!
4) If you're lucky, you'll have tamed, if not and you're out of items, reset and start again from step 1.

It all boils down to luck, so here's to hoping you have a lot of it!
Thanks a lot :)) I'm currently drowning in leveliser trying to taim the bosses in Sharance Maze
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

For regular monsters, there are certain drops they like better (their own, generally), but cooked dishes are usually the way to go.

You might want to consider consolidating your questions into a single thread. You have a lot (which is good), but having a single thread will help us maintain continuity between your questions and our answers.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kaist wrote:For regular monsters, there are certain drops they like better (their own, generally), but cooked dishes are usually the way to go.

You might want to consider consolidating your questions into a single thread. You have a lot (which is good), but having a single thread will help us maintain continuity between your questions and our answers.
Ah no actually what i want to ask originally was how to rise the tame rate with boss monsters, and Peridot got me there. For the item list for each boss monsters i already have it with me though
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote: If attempting to tame high-level Sharance Maze bosses, the "easiest" tames are Grimoire, G. Golem, Crystal Mammoth, and Dead Tree, as all have stackable taming items that are more easily attainable in high quantities... And they're all excellent allies, though I'd put Dead Tree a slight notch below those other three. Any other boss will probably work out great, though I was personally underwhelmed by the two Lions.

Also, the normal sized elemental fairies (Blue/Yellow/Red/Green) are not bosses and can be tamed with any junk like a regular enemy. "
Also Death Wall is fairly easy to tame with Ice Cream
utochwan
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

well, this is late and perhaps you've found the answer already. but i still want to share my experience, i believe a lot of people still looking for this thread for similar advice.

first, the level difference certainly determinate the success of taming them. the higher your level the easier it is to tame the boss.
but one of the most important thing to pay attention to is your taming skill level. the higher your taming skill is, the higher the chance to tame the said boss. regardless how far below your level is compared to the boss monster.

for example i was at level 260 ish when i try to tame G Golem in rune prana. my taming skill was 30. it was terriby difficult. i had to soft reset countlessly. after several attempt he finally accepted my gifts. i spent 17 orichalcum in total.

after increasing my taming skills, i decided to to for sharance boss maze. i got lvl 500 ambrosia in my first try with 20 giant moondrop. my taming skill was 50, followerd my thunderbolt and aquaticus. i spent 20 giant carrots on thunderbolt as well. aquaticus needed more of union stew (that greedy « Tulip »).

from my experience, making the boss goes rage did not increase the possibility of taming them. instead it greatly makes it difficult to approach them because they hit harder when in rage. making us easily get killed. what i did was go straight for the brushing while dodging the attack. after the 15th brushing and the notes disappear, i gave their item. when the skull symbol appeared, i quickly gave them another item and so on. i did not let the skull symbol to pop out perfectly. and thats all. sometimes i try to attack with love weapon such as mage staff+ but i felt like that didnt make me tame them faster so i just go for brushing, dodging attack, and giving gifts. it worked for every boss i tamed.

hope this helps!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's good that you have some advice to give, and on current threads it is very much appreciated, but the most recent post in this thread was more than two years old already, and this board has a 10-day rule. (It can be seen here.) The mods will sometimes allow people to stretch the rule out a bit when the board is quiet, but that's generally in overlooking reviving threads that were only about a month old.

Please feel free to make a new thread about monster taming, if you wish to refresh the topic. :) If you feel this thread has good resources that you want to draw attention to, you can always include a link to it in your new thread.