Breeding chickens

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
U-haul Pikachu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

How do you breed chickens? The hatchery says to use a fertilized egg but when I put the egg there it won't accept it
BlueTrillium1
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Apparently you actually have to pick up the chicken and put it on the incubator! O_e Which also presumably means you will not get eggs from that chicken until it hatches a chick.

Note though I haven't tried this myself yet.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah you need to put the whole chicken there and it stays for about a week. You don't need to do anything with it though at least
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Put your incubator at 375 degrees Farneheit and stick the chicken in and leave it for about a week. But don't forget to season it, first!
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

As weird as I found that the first time I read it, anyone else think it's to balance the birthing a bit? Other than ToTT I think it was ((and maybe GB, haven't played in years sadly and most of that I recall was multiplayer with hubs and bazaar stuff)) without stuff carying over there's been no mechanical reason to birth cows vs buy. Whereas birds are pop out a million easily, get eggs from other people even and pop out a million.

Well and AWL was different but it was different in every way things worked just about so... :lol:

Also might be a counter to egg trading? Anyone know if eggs are tradeable this go?
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ ah I didn't think about the egg trading thing that's a good point

I don't personally mind it too much, this system at least. I DO mind the fact that it takes the chick like 30 years to finally mature. I think it's been almost a full season since it was born and it's STILL not matured enough to lay eggs yet @-@ I'm just going to buy the adult bird from now on, it's not worth the wait to me and my impatient « Mr.Gourmet's hat » lol
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Wow, that is actually exceedingly poorly explained. When you check the pedestal for that, why does it not just say "If I put my chicken here, a chick will hatch!" or something?

And this would be why I bought another quail instead of getting to see a cute baby quail :(
U-haul Pikachu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium1 wrote:Apparently you actually have to pick up the chicken and put it on the incubator! O_e Which also presumably means you will not get eggs from that chicken until it hatches a chick.

Note though I haven't tried this myself yet.
Thanks, that's different from the other games so far. I would have never figured it out.