Reporting Glitches, Exploits, And Tips Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

:)
Last edited by Starmytes on Mar 09, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kahlua
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I can't stop laughing. :lol: How did you discover this?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's.....amusing?
Sharklore
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Sweet merciful harvest goddess it's an abomination.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kahlua wrote:I can't stop laughing. :lol: How did you discover this?
It was during herding, and it happened on accident when I picked up Dog. I wasn't expecting it or I would have set up video recording on the 3DS for better quality, I wish I had it on just on principle!

There is another interesting EXPLOITABLE glitch during herding, which has happened to not only myself, but another member on the Fogu discord. If your sheep are being herded and walking out of the barn, and two sheep (one sheered and the other unsheered) are very close to one another, and you attempt to sheer the unsheered sheep, you may accidentally end up sheering the already sheered sheep MULTIPLE times in an attempt to sheer the unsheered sheep... I ended up sheering my already sheered sheep twice before they left the barn, and got 2 wool from doing so PLUS the wool from the unsheered sheep once I walked out of the barn and sheered it properly. This happens with any animal that you get wool and/or fur from. This can be done by saving before the herding process and having a sheered and unsheered sheep. If they don't nearly merge when walking out of the barn, reload your save and try again! I will try to get video of this exploitable glitch now that I know how it works. :)
Last edited by Starmytes on Mar 09, 2017 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I've changed the thread title and will be reporting all glitches, exploits, and tips I discover while playing. Feel free to do the same! Tip: This was confirmed by myself and another member on the Discord, you can fertilizer your plants THREE times a day. You will need a liquid fertilizer maker to do this. (i) Fertilize your plants regularly with fertilizer bags (ii) In the morning after fertilizing water your plants with liquid fertilizer (iii) At night water your plants with liquid fertilizer AGAIN. Your crops will receive all the benefits of the regular fertilizer, and the two times you watered your crops with liquid fertilizer. :)
U-haul Pikachu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have a glitch that's happens about every other time. When treasure hunting sometimes the pet will park itself down and stay there forever. I found the only way to stop it is leave the area. The pet will be in the new area and will have searched for the treasure(found or fail) However that is only if you wanted long enough to search, about regular search time(5 seconds-ish)
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Uh... what the heck? You got a weird dog... :lol:
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i had a glitch with my cat where she'd park herself in the middle of the map and not move when she was supposed to be herding animals. If i moved her myself she'd teleport back to the spot she was in before. The problem lasted a couple days, until i moved the paddys i had there and replaced them with mushroom logs

i'm not sure if it's a scripting error or a glitch, but there have been a couple villager events (i don't remember the exact ones, but the first was one of alma's and the second was one of hector's) where the character repeats dialogue

and discovered another glitch yesterday but i don't remember what it was so it probably wasn't a huge deal :lol:
BlueTrillium1
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

U-haul Pikachu wrote:I have a glitch that's happens about every other time. When treasure hunting sometimes the pet will park itself down and stay there forever. I found the only way to stop it is leave the area. The pet will be in the new area and will have searched for the treasure(found or fail) However that is only if you wanted long enough to search, about regular search time(5 seconds-ish)
Yep, I get this glitch about 30% of the time when I'm treasure hunting. It seems like it's more likely to happen when I'm standing too close to a wall or solid object when I press A to initiate the hunt. So I try to stay as far as possible away from those while still getting the :?:
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:i'm not sure if it's a scripting error or a glitch, but there have been a couple villager events (i don't remember the exact ones, but the first was one of alma's and the second was one of hector's) where the character repeats dialogue
I had this happen the other day with Brad during Marcos friend event with the giant fish. He printed two clicks worth of dialogue and directly after repeated the exact dialogue again. Seems like the game has a mess of coding...

As far as fertilizing goes, I gathered information regarding fertilizing three times a day. First, growing the strawberry seeds given from Frank with base stats of 50% in every stats, and seven regular strawberry seeds with 10% in every stat. I started with size increasing fertilizer bags every morning before using the sweetness increasing liquid fertilizer. In the evening I used sweetness increasing liquid fertilizer again. Every now and then during the growing process I used juiciness increasing liquid fertilizer. And never used colour increasing fertilizer. The results for Frank's seeds: Colour: 50% Sweetness 96% Juiciness 65% Size 66% and the seven regular seeds: Colour 10% Sweetness 56% Juiciness 25% Size 26%. During this time I grew Turnips, Potatoes, and Radishes as well. The usage of different fertilizers is not as consistent with these, and that's a fault on me. I did not use size increasing fertilizers on these seeds, but you'll notice that everything else is increased. I used a mixture of liquid fertilizer that was left over from my strawberries, and a mixture of regular bag fertilizers. And some days, I didn't use liquid fertilizer at all. The results for Turnips: Colour: 26% Sweetness 23% Juiciness 26% Size 10% Potatoes: Colour: 26% Sweetness 43% Juiciness 22% Size 10% Radishes: Colour: 26% Sweetness 42% Juiciness 18% Size 10% soooooooo enjoy! :D
rava_ananaso
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've run into a bug where I cannot make a certain pet my furmiliar. I go to click on my cat, but instead, my other cat's name pops up on the confirmation screen to select it, even though it doesn't have enough hearts unlike the first cat. The first time, I went through the process without paying attention and then watched the cutscreen event, thinking I'd selected the wrong cat! Very frustrating, but I guess I can make do with Pearl being my furmiliar, she's my second favourite pet, haha.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Katherine1973
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I ran into an odd......IDK if it's a glitch, but I have my brown alpaca in a small barn, and it somehow got "stuck" in the upper left corner by the feed dispenser. I couldn't interact with it at all with my tools and I couldn't even talk to it. I finally went and bought the bell and rang it in the barn and it finally moved out of the corner and I could interact with it as normal again, but that was just weird.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ Something similar to me happened while I was trying to push my sheep through the horribly narrow door of the barn, it got stuck in front of the desk with the book and I couldn't interact with it at all. The problem fixed itself by me just staying in the barn for several minutes.

The barn in general seems to be full of spots for your animals to get stuck on, it's kind of annoying.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I upgraded to a Western Ranch style house without saving for the images. These are the images for both the regular Western Mansion, and the upgraded exterior and interior for the Western Ranch style... You might want to look at them before deciding if you want to upgrade to the ranch *cough* cough*
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage