Question about furmilliars...

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

When you get a furmilliar, can you walk inside buildings with it? One problem I'm having is that I can't go inside a building if I'm walking my pets, which is pretty inconvenient if I'm doing postal carrier part-time jobs, or if I need to talk to a villager for friendship/buying something.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I've found dealing with pets in this game to be a huge hassle and so still only have one for herding purposes (plus none of the ones I really want are even unlocked yet...I wanted a weimaraner and I've got to finish off Dad Tips #3 for that, first.) I doubt that furmiliars work differently but it'd be great if they do. I want to take my pet with me to do treasure hunts and hopefully find some Thyme sooner or later but it's such a hassle that I can't go in anywhere to greet anyone when I do. :/
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Bump (still curious!)
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Eh I can't answer this question because I'm not sure but what I do for my pet is I take him for a walk to my crops (in a different field), water my plants with him, throw a bone, talk to him, and then stop walking. I would take him everywhere if he could go into building but since he can't it's just a hindrance to go into town with him.
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

If you'll give me a moment or so, I can make Tigs my Furmiliar and find out for you, but without saving of course.

UPDATE: NO, Furmiliars cannot enter houses still. Lame.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Freelance Wolf wrote:If you'll give me a moment or so, I can make Tigs my Furmiliar and find out for you, but without saving of course.

UPDATE: NO, Furmiliars cannot enter houses still. Lame.
Noooo! Ugh, that sucks, but thanks for checking! : )
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

They also no longer do the work they used to do; maybe a gatherer will still do that, but my herding capy now just wanders around the house unless I am walking it.

Also, I am fairly sure we are married now.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Laaame.
The whole house entering thing broke pets for me. I was so excited about having a giant bear mastiff following me around pre-game and now I barely care anymore :/
I don't think I could even see the furmilliar animal events without raising the wild animal friendship. But I barely want to raise it, and don't want to turn into a stupid beagel! :x I want to be a cool animal.
Last edited by Nurylon on Mar 11, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
brie204
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:They also no longer do the work they used to do; maybe a gatherer will still do that, but my herding capy now just wanders around the house unless I am walking it.

Strange that, my furmilliar still does the herding. It takes him a little longer to do it then before, but he still does it.
Freelance Wolf
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I don't understand why my pets can't enter houses, when I go into peoples' houses all the time and I see their pets roaming around.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:They also no longer do the work they used to do; maybe a gatherer will still do that, but my herding capy now just wanders around the house unless I am walking it.

Strange that, my furmilliar still does the herding. It takes him a little longer to do it then before, but he still does it.
Maybe because I made my capy go live in my house? The game wouldn't let me put him back in the pet house.
brie204
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:
brie204 wrote:

Maybe because I made my capy go live in my house? The game wouldn't let me put him back in the pet house.
No, my dog lives in my house. I see him enter my barne and coop around 07:00-07:15 to get the animals out and then he goes back into the house. If your capy doesn't do that, have check his pet house ? maybe his ability is not activated ?
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
brie204 wrote:

No, my dog lives in my house. I see him enter my barne and coop around 07:00-07:15 to get the animals out and then he goes back into the house. If your capy doesn't do that, have check his pet house ? maybe his ability is not activated ?
Activate the inbred ability? What?

I made a herding cat my furmiliar and he left out the animals he took out of the barn overnight. So broke the furmiliar link. I'll wait for one of the gatherers to level up.
brie204
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:
brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
brie204 wrote:

Activate the inbred ability? What?

I made a herding cat my furmiliar and he left out the animals he took out of the barn overnight. So broke the furmiliar link. I'll wait for one of the gatherers to level up.
Here Directly from Cher's guide: You can stop a pet from doing its job by viewing its profile page in any Animal Notebook and then pressing the X Button on your Nintendo 3DS to disable (or enable) the pet's ability
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Huh. Didn't realize I had to turn that back on when it turned into a furmiliar. No harm done tho.

It's okay, I'd rather wait for my himalayan to get enough hearts someday. I can wait.