How do + products work in this game?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Kumquat
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

How do you get your animals to start giving + products, and once they start giving them will they only give + products?
My problem with the last sos was that I had to have 2 of each fur giving animal because I needed one to give normal wool and one to give wool+. Is there any way around that in this game?
Alexaius
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

You have to give your animals crispy treats to get the + items as it raises their byproduct level. The higher the rating the more likely they are to give you + instead of normal. They will continue to give you both normal and + unless you completely max that out so if you want to get both from one animal then it's best to keep it a letter or two low.
Ophelia11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

it's best to stop when they by-product level reaches A rank, then they will produce around 50% normal and 50% + products. If they reach S rank they will only produce + products
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

to add onto this, is it only treats/fodder that raises level or will daily time/care slowly raise it too?
Ophelia11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:to add onto this, is it only treats/fodder that raises level or will daily time/care slowly raise it too?
only the right treats and fodder
Kumquat
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the help!
Nyaasu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Is there an average of how long it takes to see the byproduct level rise?

I've been giving the right treats for almost 2 seasons now, and byproduct level is still showing rank E.........
Ophelia11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Nyaasu wrote:Is there an average of how long it takes to see the byproduct level rise?

I've been giving the right treats for almost 2 seasons now, and byproduct level is still showing rank E.........
I'm not sure, I've given my animals the treats + the right fodder and they are all at rank D now after not even a month (and they do not get a personality bonus).
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Another thing is though that + products can be used instead of normal ones this go, so even if you end up with all + you can use them instead from what I'm seeing/understanding. :3
SakunoHaru
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

its kinda random, my sheep producing 12 wools per sheer, and B rank in product quality. But the sheep only give 4 wool+ per sheer while the 8 is normal wool >.>

looks like we need to rank S the product quality, for all + product? idk tho, the highest product quality in my farm is my sheep, the others only have like B, or C

i give my sheeps full crispy treats for 3 seasons, and its already B rank, while my Buffalo stagnant on D rank for 2 seasons ;_;
Last edited by SakunoHaru on Mar 13, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MageDragonfire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:Another thing is though that + products can be used instead of normal ones this go, so even if you end up with all + you can use them instead from what I'm seeing/understanding. :3
Oh, that's great to know. That was one of the only things that bugged me about SoS!
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:Another thing is though that + products can be used instead of normal ones this go, so even if you end up with all + you can use them instead from what I'm seeing/understanding. :3
Only in Cooking and the Maker Sheds, several merchant-bought items do require the raw materials without the plus, so be careful not to convert to S-Rank until you're sure you've purchased everything.

I wrote a lil' mini guide for Animals just in case anyone wants one:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:I wrote a lil' mini guide for Animals just in case anyone wants one:
ahh bless you- thank you so much!
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SakunoHaru wrote:its kinda random, my sheep producing 12 wools per sheer, and B rank in product quality. But the sheep only give 4 wool+ per sheer while the 8 is normal wool >.>

looks like we need to rank S the product quality, for all + product? idk tho, the highest product quality in my farm is my sheep, the others only have like B, or C

i give my sheeps full crispy treats for 3 seasons, and its already B rank, while my Buffalo stagnant on D rank for 2 seasons ;_;
I gave mine tons of crispy treats for a couple/few seasons too but they didn't jump up in rank til I started feeding them deluxe feed. Could have been time or it needed that extra boost. Not sure but it finally worked!
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Only in Cooking and the Maker Sheds, several merchant-bought items do require the raw materials without the plus, so be careful not to convert to S-Rank until you're sure you've purchased everything.

I wrote a lil' mini guide for Animals just in case anyone wants one:
Oh this animal guide is totally handy. Thank you!!