(Event Spoiler) Literally just cried into my DS...

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I just saw the scene "Mom's Cookies" with Hector and Colin and I'm literally sobbing on my keyboard.
Spoiler:
The part where Colin says he can't remember what his mother's cookies tasted like anymore but he always imagines they taste like the ones his father makes for him...and when Hector says he just can't accept the fact that his wife is gone...
I really find this game beautiful. I think they did an amazing job. Some of these scenes and characters make my kokoro hurt.

Have y'all seen any scenes that gave you feels?
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Yes, best side story.
Colin is too cute.
Nate McCloud
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

That and
Spoiler:
the whole little theater story "Looking For a Star"
made me cry harder than I thought I ever could.
JunkerFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Nate McCloud wrote:That and
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
OH « Harvest Goddess » NOT EPISODE 7
NOT EPISODE 8
THE FLASHBACKS AAAAH
Uuuugggh that was such a good story. It was a bit weird starting off, with Spica, but it slowly pieces together, and then when you see the dad...
spica ded
granny ded
DADDY DED
The neighbor girl has moved away, the park has been stripped for a mall, and EVERYONE IS DEAD.
AND THEN THE FINALE UUUGGGHHAAAA
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

JunkerFarmer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NOT EPISODE 8
THE FLASHBACKS AAAAH
Uuuugggh that was such a good story. It was a bit weird starting off, with Spica, but it slowly pieces together, and then when you see the dad...
spica ded
granny ded
DADDY DED
The neighbor girl has moved away, the park has been stripped for a mall, and EVERYONE IS DEAD.
Spoiler:
WHY DOES EVERYONE THAT WORKS IN THEATRE DECIDE IT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA TO KILL ALL THEIR CHARACTERS
I've been in three acting classes total and I swear. All the directors swear. Everyone swears that is a theme among all the actor(esse)s that write their own stories. LET'S KILL EVERYONE!!! So many tragic student written plays. /soblaughter
I haven't actually gotten past episode 4 myself, yet .w.

I watered at the eyes a little bit at how sweet Inari is during their events, sometimes ^^'
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Omg I need to get this event. I talk to Hector and Colin all the time because they're both so dang cute! I love Hector to pieces and half wish he was a marriageable option :lol:
JunkerFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote:
JunkerFarmer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NOT EPISODE 8
THE FLASHBACKS AAAAH
spica ded
granny ded
DADDY DED
Spoiler:
WHY DOES EVERYONE THAT WORKS IN THEATRE DECIDE IT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA TO KILL ALL THEIR CHARACTERS
I've been in three acting classes total and I swear. All the directors swear. Everyone swears that is a theme among all the actor(esse)s that write their own stories. LET'S KILL EVERYONE!!! So many tragic student written plays. /soblaughter

I watered at the eyes a little bit at how sweet Inari is during their events, sometimes ^^'
Spoiler:
Oh dear... it was so much better as a surprise too... Here is a handkerchief for your /soblaughter.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

JunkerFarmer wrote:
Nurylon wrote:
JunkerFarmer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NOT EPISODE 8
THE FLASHBACKS AAAAH
spica ded
granny ded
DADDY DED
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Oh dear... it was so much better as a surprise too... Here is a handkerchief for your /soblaughter.
Spoiler:
Haha, it's okay. Once Noah started talking about how he 'couldn't imagine life without his father' in what, part 2? I was like, 'oh no, he gon die' it is just the theatre way.
It's pretty surprising to me how many folks like Colin o.o He seems boring to me compared to Alma or Sumomo(sp?) but I also just find those kids cuter. I don't actually know much anything about much of the kids...
JunkerFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote:
JunkerFarmer wrote:
Nurylon wrote:
JunkerFarmer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NOT EPISODE 8
THE FLASHBACKS AAAAH
spica ded
granny ded
DADDY DED
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Haha, it's okay. Once Noah started talking about how he 'couldn't imagine life without his father' in what, part 2? I was like, 'oh no, he gon die' it is just the theatre way.
It's pretty surprising to me how many folks like Colin o.o He seems boring to me compared to Alma or Sumomo(sp?) but I also just find those kids cuter. I don't actually know much anything about much of the kids...
I like Colin; in fact, I like him a bit better than Alma and Schalk (and Tigre). I think it's his relationship with Hector that makes him unique. (NEW ELIWOOD /shot)
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:Omg I need to get this event. I talk to Hector and Colin all the time because they're both so dang cute! I love Hector to pieces and half wish he was a marriageable option :lol:
I'm not sure how to take this. Hector is very similar to my real life dad. So when I read comments like this I'm just... :o Though dad is popular with the ladies. :(

Yeah, I definately cried. It brings up a lot of memories. I haven't cried like this over a game in a while. Kudos developers.
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm actually not a huge fan of Alma. She's too temperamental for me.

Colin and Noel are always so cheerful and polite and Tatsumi is so precocious...I think they're my favorite.

Sumomo is kind of stereotypical.

I'm not sure I want to see the rest of that "finding a star" show now...
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hector and Colin's family dynamic is just so precious. I love how they actually gave it some depth in this game rather than "hey mom's gone, let's mention it once in passing and then never talk about it again". It kind of reminds me of MFoMT in that regard that they're actually addressing the families that are missing certain family members instead of glossing over it.

I really love all the children in this game actually, which is surprising since normally I find them kind of annoying or just plain bland.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I love Hector. I wish he were a marriage candidate.
Nate McCloud
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote:
JunkerFarmer wrote:
Nurylon wrote:
JunkerFarmer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NOT EPISODE 8
THE FLASHBACKS AAAAH
spica ded
granny ded
DADDY DED
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Surprisingly, I didn't see it coming. I didn't realize until his dad had a sad look on his face and said he couldn't go back home because he belonged in a new place in the sky that I realized it...and it wasn't until JunkerFarmer brought it up that I realized the candy shop lady died!

What makes it sadder is, from the context of the story, he wasn't even school age yet; he was at the age where he still believed his dad was invincible, and all-knowing. For a child that young to be faced with their personal superhero's mortality...I believe I cried about as much as Noah did in Episodes 6 and 7.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and guess that whatever put Noah into a coma is what killed his father.
And I don't know who I feel sorrier for: Colin or Hector. Colin's a young child whose mother is dead...but Hector seems more broken up about it than Colin.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote: It's pretty surprising to me how many folks like Colin o.o He seems boring to me compared to Alma or Sumomo(sp?) but I also just find those kids cuter. I don't actually know much anything about much of the kids...
tbh a little shocked you think Sumomo is more interesting than Colin. personally, i think Colin is by far one of the more interesting characters in the game, admittedly, i'm also a sucker for his design and family which helps his case lol.

idk, I like Alma and Schalk alright, Tatsumi and his bro are precious, but Sumomo really does nothing for me haha.