Reporting Glitches, Exploits, And Tips Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:I upgraded to a Western Ranch style house without saving for the images. These are the images for both the regular Western Mansion, and the upgraded exterior and interior for the Western Ranch style... You might want to look at them before deciding if you want to upgrade to the ranch *cough* cough*
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Am I'm missing something? They look fine to me?
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Starmytes wrote:I upgraded to a Western Ranch style house without saving for the images. These are the images for both the regular Western Mansion, and the upgraded exterior and interior for the Western Ranch style... You might want to look at them before deciding if you want to upgrade to the ranch *cough* cough*
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Am I'm missing something? They look fine to me?
I personally don't like the ranch exterior, and for the amount of materials it costs, and the cost for the upgrade, it isn't worth it for me. I think the game should really show previews for the house upgrades, but that's my opinion. :)
Ambercatlucky2
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:i had a glitch with my cat where she'd park herself in the middle of the map and not move when she was supposed to be herding animals. If i moved her myself she'd teleport back to the spot she was in before. The problem lasted a couple days, until i moved the paddys i had there and replaced them with mushroom logs

i'm not sure if it's a scripting error or a glitch, but there have been a couple villager events (i don't remember the exact ones, but the first was one of alma's and the second was one of hector's) where the character repeats dialogue

and discovered another glitch yesterday but i don't remember what it was so it probably wasn't a huge deal :lol:
I have the same problem with my cat, so I took her off of herding duty and now all she does is bounce glitched in the middle of the table in my house ;v ;'
trea
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

rava_ananaso wrote:I've run into a bug where I cannot make a certain pet my furmiliar. I go to click on my cat, but instead, my other cat's name pops up on the confirmation screen to select it, even though it doesn't have enough hearts unlike the first cat. The first time, I went through the process without paying attention and then watched the cutscreen event, thinking I'd selected the wrong cat! Very frustrating, but I guess I can make do with Pearl being my furmiliar, she's my second favourite pet, haha.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I also just experienced this glitch! It is much more confusing than the mislabeling of the suns in the cellar because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get one specific pet to be my furmiliar. The pets near the top of the list seem to work, and towards the bottom they get glitchy... I definitely had enough hearts for my cat to be my furmiliar but no amount of choosing different pets would land me on the one I wanted.

I ended up selling my cat to try again with a new one, however now I have to wait for it to gain enough hearts to become a furmiliar to try again. I already have my doubts though..
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

trea wrote:
rava_ananaso wrote:I've run into a bug where I cannot make a certain pet my furmiliar. I go to click on my cat, but instead, my other cat's name pops up on the confirmation screen to select it, even though it doesn't have enough hearts unlike the first cat. The first time, I went through the process without paying attention and then watched the cutscreen event, thinking I'd selected the wrong cat! Very frustrating, but I guess I can make do with Pearl being my furmiliar, she's my second favourite pet, haha.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I also just experienced this glitch! It is much more confusing than the mislabeling of the suns in the cellar because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get one specific pet to be my furmiliar. The pets near the top of the list seem to work, and towards the bottom they get glitchy... I definitely had enough hearts for my cat to be my furmiliar but no amount of choosing different pets would land me on the one I wanted.

I ended up selling my cat to try again with a new one, however now I have to wait for it to gain enough hearts to become a furmiliar to try again. I already have my doubts though..
Just wow. This is unfortunate yet amusing that you're all experiencing the same issue! I tried it with Dog a moment ago, who has 6 hearts. It seems to have worked fine. I have Cat too, but Cat only has 4 hearts. Is this perhaps an issue only with trying to make cats a familiar? Or could it be that everyone has multiple cats, and are trying to make a specific cat the familiar?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've long since had enough G at once to get the 500k and 1,000,000 tropies, and they've not unlocked. I've dipped below both amounts since earning that much (buying sprees~), and even upon reaching them again, no unlock. Seems to be glitched for me.
Katherine1973
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I've long since had enough G at once to get the 500k and 1,000,000 tropies, and they've not unlocked. I've dipped below both amounts since earning that much (buying sprees~), and even upon reaching them again, no unlock. Seems to be glitched for me.
I had mentioned the same thing on Gamefaqs, and someone there mentioned something on..... I think they said Thonky, that said those trophies are supposed to be for 5 million and 10 million, not 500k and 1 million. I'm a ways away from 5 million so I can't confirm if that's true.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

The chance for golden crops is determined the day of harvest, and not the day previous. This means if you save the day before you can harvest your crops, and your crops are not golden. You can reset to the precious day from reading your journal and try again. This is the same as resetting for the gender of your child. If it's not the gender you want, read your journal from the day before you go to sleep, and go into the next day again for a different result. I tested this by accident when I read my journal over after missing event registration. I had harvested the crops before that produced two golden tomatoes​. When I harvested them again after resetting the day my tomato crops produced three golden crops, two of which were on different plants than they were previously. If you really need the golden crops you can try this out. :)
IH Zero
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Didn't catch a screenshot, but I was at the Lulukoko New Year's festival second year, and during a conversation with the twins and Ludus, they messed up getting Ludus' portrait to show up for one line. So instead you get one of the girls (forget which) saying a bunch of HTML that doesn't quite fit in the text box and Ludus' line. Flashbacks to the Harvest Goddess in ANB for me there.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:
trea wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Just wow. This is unfortunate yet amusing that you're all experiencing the same issue! I tried it with Dog a moment ago, who has 6 hearts. It seems to have worked fine. I have Cat too, but Cat only has 4 hearts. Is this perhaps an issue only with trying to make cats a familiar? Or could it be that everyone has multiple cats, and are trying to make a specific cat the familiar?
It happened to me too. I guess the extreme way would be to sell all the other pets to get the one left to be your furmiliar. I just settled on whatever doggy worked instead of the himalayan cat I wanted. Not really sure what the benefit is for a furmiliar anyway (besides occasional gifts and events). Now I have a huge dog lying on the floor tripping me every morning.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I have screenshots for this, but it doesn't do it justice, since it only shows the options and a new coloured stone on the tablet... But the cellar (basement) you get after the farm tips #3 is BROKEN! I have one of each alter sun stone. The basic one which is given is the Spring stone. I clicked the option to change to Summer, and it changed the stone and music to Fall. I clicked the stone again and clicked Summer again, which changed it to the Winter stone and music. I tested seeds for both of these to see if only the stone and music was the issue. But it didn't let me plant seeds either. I tried this a few more times and it just continued to switch between Fall and Winter for the Summer option. However, when I clicked Spring it changed to the Summer stone and music, and let me plant the Summer seeds... Be wary of this when you unlock the cellar (basement).

Another tip: The English Wiki for children events is incorrect. The English Wiki ( http://harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Your_Child_(Trio) ) stats "Pregnancy lasts for about 40 days, and it takes around 20 more days for them to learn to crawl. Finally after an additional 50 days they will be fully grown." Where are the Japanese Wiki ( http://wikiwiki.jp/boku3sato/?%B7%EB%BA ... 5%F3%A5%C8 ) stats "It takes 45 days from a pregnancy turnout to delivery." and "Children's growth event 1 occurred after 30 days passed after giving birth." and finally "Children will grow like walking for 45 more days from child 1." I have tested this, and the Japanese Wiki is correct as far as the birth event triggering 45 days after the pregnancy event. I activated the pregnancy event in Summer 6th, and the birth event took place on Fall 20th. I can only assume that the rest of what the Japanese Wiki stats will prove to be correct.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Oh, and the named Wayne suggests for the baby girl are "Amelia", "Mira", and "Jordan". Not "Amelia", "Mila", and "Yolda"... tf?
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:Oh, and the named Wayne suggests for the baby girl are "Amelia", "Mira", and "Jordan". Not "Amelia", "Mila", and "Yolda"... tf?
Amelia is the same in both JP and EN, Mira/Mila are spelled the same in Japanese so it is a correct translation, and who tf would actually name their child Yolda????
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

GemiMini wrote:
Starmytes wrote:Oh, and the named Wayne suggests for the baby girl are "Amelia", "Mira", and "Jordan". Not "Amelia", "Mila", and "Yolda"... tf?
Amelia is the same in both JP and EN, Mira/Mila are spelled the same in Japanese so it is a correct translation, and who tf would actually name their child Yolda????
I wouldn't??
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

GemiMini wrote:
Yeah the Amelia is the same, I got the option for Mira and not Mila, but I have no idk where Yolda is from...? The final option was Jordan from Wayne. ;P