Same Name as NPC? -_-

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

So in someones heart event (I wont spoil who or any details of the event outside of the spoilers tag) there is a faceless character named Vivian who speaks. I got really confused for a moment because that's my farmers name. Has this happened to any one else? I'm kinda bummed to be honest.. lol
Spoiler:
The love event is Waynes yellow event. So right after I start dating him, some other girl named 'Vivian' is trying to put the moves on him. sheesh, lol.
At least she doesn't look like my farmer too! lol XD
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Imagine
Spoiler:
Wayne getting love notes from the NPC signed Vivian, and he thinks they're from your character. He goes to thank you, and you're just like "but I didn't send those??"
Lol, this has never happened to me before though. I think it's because the way I spell my name is one of the more uncommon ways to spell it.
Last edited by gossipstone on Mar 17, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yeah. Coming up with names for your MC can be really tough. I named my female character Bijou, and somehow I still don't think it fits. I don't like giving my MCs names that are already being used in the game. So yeah, it can be annoying.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't think there's a npc named Shan or Shannon anywhere lol
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

gossipstone wrote:Imagine
Spoiler:
Wayne getting love notes from he NPC signed Vivian, and he thinks they're from your character. He goes to thank you, and you're just like "but I didn't send those??"
Lol, this has never happened to me before though. I think it's because the way I spell my name is one of the more uncommon ways to spell it.
Oh gosh, that would be terrible but hilarious hahaha XDDD I always make up random names for my MC, so it was bound to happen I guess. in the last SOS my farmers name matched one of the vendors in pronunciation. At least it wasn't spelled exactly the same haha.
Juliko wrote:Yeah. Coming up with names for your MC can be really tough. I named my female character Bijou, and somehow I still don't think it fits. I don't like giving my MCs names that are already being used in the game. So yeah, it can be annoying.
I really should try to be more creative with my names. At least if I spell them differently, they are les likely to match an NPC exactly. Also, Bijou is actually pretty cute of a name :3
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Not quite the same, but...
my character's name is Lychee, and I always carry lychees around :lol: In case I need to give fruit to Witchie. I always imagine Lychee makes it some kind of inside-joke.
It was a little weird at first having my character name the same as a crop in the game, though.
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:I don't think there's a npc named Shan or Shannon anywhere lol
Lucky, lol. I thought about changing my farmers name but i'm too used to it now this late in the game >.<

Nurylon wrote:Not quite the same, but...
my character's name is Lychee, and I always carry lychees around :lol: In case I need to give fruit to Witchie. I always imagine Lychee makes it some kind of inside-joke.
It was a little weird at first having my character name the same as a crop in the game, though.
Oh wow that's pretty adorable IMO. All I can imagine now though is a lychee farm to match XDD
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Miley.
Spoiler:
From that Miley Cyrus reference.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was walking, err running thru Tsuyukusa and there was an NPC named Murasaki.

Japan's first poet/author was Lady Murasaki. Also the word for purple and soy sauce in traditional sushi restaurants. So I know they didn't name her after ME, but I can think that in my mind. =P
ilikecookies94
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Mary anyone? Thought I'd ask.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

My farmer's name is Megan...yeah... :(
Cal
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

My characters name is Coco. Going for a character that is very LuluKoko-esque. All of my animals have tropical names and such.

But what I can't get over is the Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn characters and dialogue references. They're blatant yet clever and I love them.

There's also this one girl named Charlotte that keeps standing in front of the train in Westown????
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cal wrote:My characters name is Coco. Going for a character that is very LuluKoko-esque. All of my animals have tropical names and such.

But what I can't get over is the Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn characters and dialogue references. They're blatant yet clever and I love them.

There's also this one girl named Charlotte that keeps standing in front of the train in Westown????
Oh! Charlotte......I can't really remember atm but sounds familiar.

Also hi Cal!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I haven't run into a Kyle in this game yet, but it could happen. Maybe.

I haven't made a file for my boy-as-girl farmer, yet, though - so I'm not sure what I'll name her. Maybe something common, as well - like Roxie, or Jackie.

I do kinda wanna name one of my farmers after one of the characters in-game, though. Not just in 3oT, ANY SoS/HM game - only so it looks like they're constantly talking to themselves. Just imagine...

Wayne: "Howdy, Wayne, how ya doin'? Y'know, Wayne, you're one heck of a lady!"
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I haven't run into a Kyle in this game yet, but it could happen. Maybe.

I haven't made a file for my boy-as-girl farmer, yet, though - so I'm not sure what I'll name her. Maybe something common, as well - like Roxie, or Jackie.

I do kinda wanna name one of my farmers after one of the characters in-game, though. Not just in 3oT, ANY SoS/HM game - only so it looks like they're constantly talking to themselves. Just imagine...

Wayne: "Howdy, Wayne, how ya doin'? Y'know, Wayne, you're one heck of a lady!"
Was it AP? ToT? But my male mc is going to be named Chase...