Anything made you lol?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I normally laugh at all sorts of things in games and this is not the funniest however; this took me by surprise I found it so funny.

After giving Inari a present I chose to know about the weather.

Inari: Ey bee cee dee one two three heav’nly power come to me…

When the penny dropped and I realised what he was saying I found it so funny… and burst out laughing.
Ey bee cee dee, really? With his looks & powers I expected something fancy or mysterious :lol:
Sufjan Swordsman
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Dessie's event made me laugh pretty hard.

Spoilers for the whole event;
Spoiler:
"Dessie's confidence bootcamp" has Inari and Witchie plotting together with the farmer to help Dessie gain some confidence in her magic.

Dessie had to turn wood into lumber by using her magic, but it didn't work and the farmer chopped it while Dessie got distracted by a bunny, leading Dessie to believe her magic worked.

The second time Dessie had to make a flower bloom, but the farmer distracted her and put a flower in place of the seeds. Dessie once again believed she did it.

And the last time, Dessie had to "fill the farmer with energy", which could have grave consequences for the farmer, "or it could be their grave" (don't remember the actual line).

The screen went white, with the lines

(I had a short life. Thanks for everything up until now, everyone...)

showing up. The rest of the event went as expected, but I found the short life line hilarious. Good 'ole black humor! :lol:

Edit: While I laughed, I can see how it wouldn't be funny at all for some people.
Skye_Writer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I busted out laughing at the end of Ford's dark blue event.
Spoiler:
He holds the MC's hand to help her get to sleep and rest. As he walks away he finds his heart is racing. His reaction? "Could I be... coming down with a cold?" XD He is so romantically dense that it's adorable.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Ford's friend events hahahaha. Mainly because he reminds me a lot of myself.
Pluupy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

The end of Ludus' light green event was funny. Iluka and Siluka teasing him. :)
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Skye_Writer wrote:I busted out laughing at the end of Ford's dark blue event.
Spoiler:
He holds the MC's hand to help her get to sleep and rest. As he walks away he finds his heart is racing. His reaction? "Could I be... coming down with a cold?" XD He is so romantically dense that it's adorable.
Haha classic doctor character. I love when they're clueless 8)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

1. The whole Ford's Orange's Love event, specifically when
Spoiler:
He said he almost choked himself to death because he couldn't stop laughing while testing his own medicine and when he unwillingly started uttering such a sappy poem (seriously, luscious jellyfish lips and overblown balloon ready to pop?! lmao) towards MC, again thanks to his medicine.
2. The end of Dessie's event like posted above.
3. Miranda's Orchestra event when
Spoiler:
Ford fell to MC's fake cry and Hector fell for the children's sparkling eyes.
4. What Wayne says after testing Carrie's tart on Carrie's Friends Event.
5. Also Ford's first friend event, dark blue event and light green event. Basically almost all Ford's events when he has his own dense/mad scientist moment.
6. Siluka's 2nd friendship event.
7. Any moments whenever Inari and Ford taking a figure speech literally or whenever they try to understand simple stuff that should be taken granted by normal people's common sense, but not by them somehow.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I wind up finding a lot of Fords romantic events pretty funny just because of an inside joke I have going on with some friends and I can't NOT think of it. Also Ludus' sexual frustrations at the MC will never get old to me and I find them hilarious yet cute.

Kind of love how Carrie is married to Brad but she can't cook to save her life. It comes up in a couple of bits of dialogue among her and the other villagers and it's just funny to me. Along with this, the event where Brad is sick and takes some medicine and quotes He-Man was priceless
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Carrie got stuck behind a chair one time and continuously walked against it and I just found it amusing for some reason.
Pluupy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I didn't find any of Ford's events particularly funny. Or interesting. I was disappointed at how the Light Blue, Dark Blue, and Light Green were barely romantic. (Yuzuki's don't feel romantic as well) They just felt like even more friend events. He seems really dense and boring to me.

To be fair, it is mostly because I prefer people to be more forward rather than play mindgames about any feelings towards me. I hate people who "beat around the bush", so to speak.

Also insane with the way he tests medicine on local people so casually. Like seriously dude, you don't know what to expect when people take your medicine? We both know you live in the sticks because your medical license was revoked.

Though i'm pretty sure most people like him because he is a silly animu doctor and such offenses shouldn't be taken seriously. HE HAS A BIG HEART GUYS.

Honestly, what with his lanky head and all, I feel like he is just a creepy character. The kind of doctor I would risk giving birth at home alone Threads-style (yes, the movie) even if he was the only doctor around, which he is...
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Sufjan Swordsman wrote:Dessie's event made me laugh pretty hard.

Spoilers for the whole event;
Spoiler:
"Dessie's confidence bootcamp" has Inari and Witchie plotting together with the farmer to help Dessie gain some confidence in her magic.

Dessie had to turn wood into lumber by using her magic, but it didn't work and the farmer chopped it while Dessie got distracted by a bunny, leading Dessie to believe her magic worked.

The second time Dessie had to make a flower bloom, but the farmer distracted her and put a flower in place of the seeds. Dessie once again believed she did it.

And the last time, Dessie had to "fill the farmer with energy", which could have grave consequences for the farmer, "or it could be their grave" (don't remember the actual line).

The screen went white, with the lines

(I had a short life. Thanks for everything up until now, everyone...)

showing up. The rest of the event went as expected, but I found the short life line hilarious. Good 'ole black humor! :lol:

Edit: While I laughed, I can see how it wouldn't be funny at all for some people.
I found the
Spoiler:
I had a short life
really funny. Gotta put trust in her.
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Goddess festival, danced with Marco. Nough said. :wink:
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pluupy wrote:I didn't find any of Ford's events particularly funny. Or interesting. I was disappointed at how the Light Blue, Dark Blue, and Light Green were barely romantic. (Yuzuki's don't feel romantic as well) They just felt like even more friend events. He seems really dense and boring to me.

To be fair, it is mostly because I prefer people to be more forward rather than play mindgames about any feelings towards me. I hate people who "beat around the bush", so to speak.

Also insane with the way he tests medicine on local people so casually. Like seriously dude, you don't know what to expect when people take your medicine? We both know you live in the sticks because your medical license was revoked.

Though i'm pretty sure most people like him because he is a silly animu doctor and such offenses shouldn't be taken seriously. HE HAS A BIG HEART GUYS.

Honestly, what with his lanky head and all, I feel like he is just a creepy character. The kind of doctor I would risk giving birth at home alone Threads-style (yes, the movie) even if he was the only doctor around, which he is...
A big heart sounds like something he might need to investigate, an enlarged heart is typically an indicator of abormal health. :p

One of Ludus' lines about Alma got a laugh out of me
Spoiler:
He often makes things for the kids, so one time Alma begged him to make her a doll, and he'd never made one before so he put a ton of effort into the details... and when he showed it to Alma she started screaming in terror... so I guess he isn't gonna make dolls anymore.
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Pluupy wrote:I didn't find any of Ford's events particularly funny. Or interesting. I was disappointed at how the Light Blue, Dark Blue, and Light Green were barely romantic. (Yuzuki's don't feel romantic as well) They just felt like even more friend events. He seems really dense and boring to me.

I agree with all of this. Before I got the game I had assumed that I would marry Ford, and I have never married a doctor (I generally find them to be quite bland), just because the other bachelors did so little for me. After purchasing and playing the game he is without a doubt my least favourite bachelor, and honestly one of my least favourite villagers in general.
Drea
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:Ford's friend events hahahaha. Mainly because he reminds me a lot of myself.
Most of the things that have really made me giggle have been Fords events and the way Ford is in other events.
Spoiler:
The one where Miranda needs people to help her put on a show, When the Protagonist has to beg him and starts to leave without him and guilts him into it has to be my favorite so far.